Girls SP - 2013-14 JGP Final | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Girls SP - 2013-14 JGP Final

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/gpf1314_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Sotskova: Not a single -GOE.
Sakhanovich: All three jumping passes in the halfway mark. Also all level 4s.
Medvedeva: two level 3 elements.
Proklova: 3T was not scounted. All level 4 elements.
EDmunds: Lots major points on levels -- 3 level 3 elements along with messing up the jumps.
Wang: Decent levels (only step sequence level 3. Jumps, however, not there.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Looking at the way past GPs have gone, any of the top three could win it. Medvedeva has what it takes to storm the rankings with a huge 110+ score, Sakhanovich has two 3-3s with a big one in the second half and a pretty backloaded program and Sotskova gets the highest PCS usually. The FS is going to be a bloodbath!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
A little bit disappointed for Proklova and Edmunds, but so happy to see Sotskova in the first place. And Serafima performed really good, a different style with nice qualities. Hope they both repeat the same success in the free. It seems like battle for the junior worlds also will be really difficult in Russia.

bluesky85

On the Ice
I am kind of surprised that Sakhanovich has the highest TES but 4th in PCS. I thought she had the best artistry among all the Russian skaters here, maybe Proklova has about the same level of artistic ability. I haven't watched the actual performances, yet, so I might change my mind afterwards...

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
I am kind of surprised that Sakhanovich has the highest TES but 4th in PCS. I thought she had the best artistry among all the Russian skaters here, maybe Proklova has about the same level of artistic ability. I haven't watched the actual performances, yet, so I might change my mind afterwards...

The person who skates to Four Seasons gets the highest PCS. We saw it in the Junior men's with Nathan Chen. Maybe the judges didn't like her backloading?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

5th in PCS, even. Edmunds beat her too.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sotskova's PCS should be at least 2 points higher than the rest
the judging here has been shameful as the senior ladies

Sakhanovich deserves PCS in mid 23, terrible bent knees too
Medvedeva has poor skating skills and Edmunds needs more penalty for her jumps

elif

Medalist

She skated early than other skaters so maybe this is why her PCS is low. Same judges did this at the senior ladies too. All year Radionova got more PCS than Pogorilaya but in the GPF clean Radionova didn't beat not so clean Pogorilaya. We will see her PCS at the free.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She skated early than other skaters so maybe this is why her PCS is low. Same judges did this at the senior ladies too. All year Radionova got more PCS than Pogorilaya but in the GPF clean Radionova didn't beat not so clean Pogorilaya. We will see her PCS at the free.

or because Sakhanovich has ok skating skills, ugly layback, frantic steps and movements and terrible bent knees
their PCS order should be like:

Sotskova 26+
Proklova 25+
Wang 24+
Edmunds 24+
Medvedeva 24+
Sakhanovich 23+

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Proklova really does use a lot of balletic moves in her program which is lovely! Her SS are probably the best in this competition and the life never left the program. There may have been a slightly off position here and there, but it's clear she takes note in ballet.

I do think among all ballerina type of program I've seem, Proklova is the best. There are just so many details in her choreography, especially with her upper body. She looks more like a real ballerina who can also skate pretty well, rather than a skater who is good at ballet movements.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Among all young ladies, I think SOTSKOVA is a total package. This is short is a new program and she delivered it so well. She has the maturity and coolness beyond her age.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Was impressed with Sotskova, too. She comes across as older than 13 while on the ice, she has a great presence and her jump technique is very solid. Also, she appears quite a bit taller than Medvedeva and Prokolova so I'm less worried about her losing the jumps later on.

I like Sahkanovich and think she has a nice, lyrical style, but I get the PCS, I don't think her SS and basics are exceptional, her skating could use more speed and power, and she is rather an introverted performer. Lots to admire still but Sotskova, Edmunds, and Proklova all skate with more power and attack IMO, plus the performance level is higher.