Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Girls SP - 2013-14 JGP Final

Custom Title
    I actually really enjoyed Sotskova's program.

Custom Title
    I just can't get into Medvedeva's program music or her costume--it's just a trite, heavy ponderous production. She skates well though, nice 3F-3T. 58.75, which surprises me, thought she'd be right up with Sotskova.

Boy, Karen Chen is really missed at this competition.

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Poilina's body type (tall and long limbs) looks great on the ice! Too bad her jumps were a mess today. Her and Proklova are probably the best all around package in this field and although neither are my favourites, I hope they perform better tomorrow and really make getting on the podium difficult. I'm not sure how possible that is though.

Evgenia Medvedeva clearly desperately wanted to skate clean, she was stony faced and rushing from the beginning. Her SS aren't atrocious but this field has excellent skating skills so she came across as quite poor in that area. She landed all her jumps with a 3-3 and 3L in the second half but her TES is quite low, I think it's probably because she had a wonky change of foot on the combination spin.

Protocals: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Sotskova: Not a single -GOE.
    Sakhanovich: All three jumping passes in the halfway mark. Also all level 4s.
    Medvedeva: two level 3 elements.
    Proklova: 3T was not scounted. All level 4 elements.
    EDmunds: Lots major points on levels -- 3 level 3 elements along with messing up the jumps.
    Wang: Decent levels (only step sequence level 3. Jumps, however, not there.

Looking at the way past GPs have gone, any of the top three could win it. Medvedeva has what it takes to storm the rankings with a huge 110+ score, Sakhanovich has two 3-3s with a big one in the second half and a pretty backloaded program and Sotskova gets the highest PCS usually. The FS is going to be a bloodbath!

Custom Title
    A little bit disappointed for Proklova and Edmunds, but so happy to see Sotskova in the first place. And Serafima performed really good, a different style with nice qualities. Hope they both repeat the same success in the free. It seems like battle for the junior worlds also will be really difficult in Russia.

JUNIOR LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order)

1. Angela WANG (USA) Short Program

2. Serafima SAKHANOVICH (RUS) Short Program

3. Maria SOTSKOVA (RUS) Short Program

4. Alexandra PROKLOVA (RUS) Short Program

5. Polina EDMUNDS (USA) Short Program

6. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA (RUS) Short Program

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

Custom Title
    I am kind of surprised that Sakhanovich has the highest TES but 4th in PCS. I thought she had the best artistry among all the Russian skaters here, maybe Proklova has about the same level of artistic ability. I haven't watched the actual performances, yet, so I might change my mind afterwards...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    I am kind of surprised that Sakhanovich has the highest TES but 4th in PCS. I thought she had the best artistry among all the Russian skaters here, maybe Proklova has about the same level of artistic ability. I haven't watched the actual performances, yet, so I might change my mind afterwards...
    The person who skates to Four Seasons gets the highest PCS. We saw it in the Junior men's with Nathan Chen. Maybe the judges didn't like her backloading?

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    5th in PCS, even. Edmunds beat her too.

Banned
    Sotskova's PCS should be at least 2 points higher than the rest
    the judging here has been shameful as the senior ladies

Sakhanovich deserves PCS in mid 23, terrible bent knees too
    Medvedeva has poor skating skills and Edmunds needs more penalty for her jumps

Custom Title
    She skated early than other skaters so maybe this is why her PCS is low. Same judges did this at the senior ladies too. All year Radionova got more PCS than Pogorilaya but in the GPF clean Radionova didn't beat not so clean Pogorilaya. We will see her PCS at the free.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    She skated early than other skaters so maybe this is why her PCS is low. Same judges did this at the senior ladies too. All year Radionova got more PCS than Pogorilaya but in the GPF clean Radionova didn't beat not so clean Pogorilaya. We will see her PCS at the free.
    or because Sakhanovich has ok skating skills, ugly layback, frantic steps and movements and terrible bent knees
    their PCS order should be like:

Sotskova 26+
    Proklova 25+
    Wang 24+
    Edmunds 24+
    Medvedeva 24+
    Sakhanovich 23+

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast