12-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!!
12-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Yes and this is off topic. Meryl and Charlie are immensely popular in Japan because they are fabulous
Originally Posted by GF2445
skaters and another reason could be because Daisuke Takahashi (who is revered in Japan) has spoken many times
about his admiration for Meryl and Charlie's skating and especially Meryl. In an interview on a television show
after the NHK Trophy Dai and Mao were asked by the TV commentator to write down 3 wishes. One of Dai's wishes
was to be Meryl's partner. The commentator said you would like to be Meryl's ice dance partner and Dai said any type
of partner, then the commentator said you mean her life partner as well, Dai laughed and said he would be to
embarrassed for that. It is common knowledge with skating fans in Japan that Dai has a crush on Meryl.
Back on Topic: V/M and D/W were both amazing! Poor Anna and Luca. I hope they can recover in the FD.
12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't like Bobrova/Soloviev's free dance too but their short dance is not that bad. They are close to each other which is judges are looking especially in short dance.They are skating last one minute of the program with close dance holds and they are not losing speed. This is why their PCS is high. 7 out of 9 judges gave them 9.00 for skating skills.We have judges from USA, CAN, ITA and FRA. I love Ilinykh/Katsalapov but they are not using close dance holds.
Originally Posted by Frenchie
12-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Cute story but it does rather have a ring of "My girlfriend lives in Canada..." (You Avenue Q fans will know what I mean!)
Originally Posted by demarinis5
12-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Wicked Yankee Girl
I think you're right. They didn't seem to come off the ice at that point in the program at NHK.
Originally Posted by elif
12-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir
Originally Posted by GF2445
Originally Posted by demarinis5
(1) Davis/White have competed at NHK Trophy a total of five times (incl. four since 2009), compared to one time for Virtue/Moir (in 2007).
(2) Another possible factor:
[INDENT]Davis/White have skated in Mao Asada's "The Ice" shows in Japan, although not this year. (And in addition to the tour for paying audiences, the cast of The Ice, incl. D/W, also has given special performances for those affected by the tsunami.) I believe that "The Ice" also is broadcast on Japanese television.
Virtue/Moir have a history of skating in Yuna Kim's shows in Korea (and the U.S.), although their schedules have not permitted them to so for the last couple of years.[/INDENT]
(3) And in all seriousness, I wonder whether the ShibSibs videos also have helped Japanese fans get to know D/W better.
[INDENT]D/W have appeared in several ShibSibs videos, b/c the Americans are together a lot for adventures away from home. They have been fellow cast members not only for The Ice, but also for the skating/gymnastics show in the U.S., etc. Plus the Americans all go to U.S. Figure Skating's Champs Camp.
[INDENT]No offense to Davis, but White esp. is a ham with a big laugh -- he's hard to miss in the videos.[/INDENT]
AFAIK, Virtue/Moir have never been in a ShibSibs video. The Shibs have not made one showcasing Team Canton training at home. And competitive events on the road are not conducive to shooting their videos.[/INDENT]
12-06-2013, 05:51 PM
[I completely agree! V/m should have won. Their PCS should have been at least 2 points higher.
QUOTE=flaneur;801149]Just watched the V/M and D/W sd twice. By the eye test V/M should have won tonight. Their skate felt complete and nuanced-- it breathed, wasn't rushed and was really 'danced'. In comparison D/W, while having their trademark lightness and speed, was a tad shallow and stiff in their presentation -- at times it felt like a technical exercise in which they did each component but the components didn't really feel connected as a dance. And today their speed was borderline frenetic. This is why I am a bit confused that D/W won through their PCS. Looking through the protocols I have a suspicion that D/W may have gotten the win tonight based on their reputation this season of being the better team.
Anyhow, just calling a spade a spade. Glad the marks are still close. Hope both teams bring it for the fd.[/QUOTE]
12-06-2013, 08:15 PM
and... World Peace!
I'm okay with either of the top two being in first. I find the final part of V/M's program awkward (the cheek to cheek is too litteral and [pardon the pun] cheeky). The final pose of V/M's program still bugs me.
I enjoy the ending of D/W's SD much more, but overall the program just seems to be a step back maturity wise. I don't know why, I just feel that way.
I think of all the SD's shown here my favorites are Anna and Luca's and Kaitlyn and Andrew's.
I think P/B's could be better with more polish, but it just seems so... not ready for this part of the season. It worries me.
there's nothing about B/S that I really like... this SD did nothing for me.
12-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Did V/M change any of the music cuts or choreography of their long program?
12-06-2013, 08:40 PM
pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
I'm wondering about it too and I'd die for any info from practice sessions how did it look...
Originally Posted by blackswanphoto
12-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Maybe you just have a serious love of 42nd Street?
Originally Posted by Tonichelle
12-06-2013, 10:21 PM
D/W and V/M are practically in a tie. Only halfway through the competition, but this seems to confirm my hunch since the season started that it will be a close race for the OGM. I prefer V/M's SD to D/W's, yet think the Americans have the stronger FS. Will be exciting to see what goes down tomorrow. Hoping both teams give their best!
But I am mostly relieved that B/S are so far behind the top two teams. That is as it should be.
And I hope Anna and Luca have a better skate in the free! Shame as their short dance is one of my favorite programs this year.
12-06-2013, 10:29 PM
and... World Peace!
hmmmm, possible, though I don't think so... I definitely like the arrangement of C/L's music more than W/P's... but I'm not a big fan of the musical.
Originally Posted by flaneur
12-07-2013, 07:20 PM
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS (By Starting Order) - Updated
1. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v20vatta6xI"]Short Dance[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EceeGEri9BM"]2nd Copy[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bQeWJSWxjY"]3rd Copy[/URL]
2. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxtdJxAW_s"]Short Dance[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXutmR8R7SE"]2nd copy[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjcNtD4TwM"]3rd Copy[/URL]
3. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2F9If4EiQ"]Short Dance[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpI-S3887eg"]2nd copy[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pfoal3PL0"]3rd Copy[/URL]
4. Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SOgYvbiPFk"]Short Dance[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6g-cx8wifM"]2nd copy[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjlf7_1i948"]3rd Copy[/URL]
5. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzUKvQBX8UI"]Short Dance[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXf3ueYYSAM"]2nd Copy[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dunUmDp2eXg"]3rd Copy[/URL], [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3XJfYW7WK0"]4th Copy[/URL]
6. Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE (USA) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yStrH3MDEuk"]Short Dance[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F9kljhUqa8"]2nd Copy[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyCV5JyxioY"]3rd Copy[/URL], [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwz08p0Xv7k"]4th Copy[/URL]
[URL="http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/CAT004RS.HTM"]Overall Result[/URL], [URL="http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/SEG007.HTM"]Segment Result[/URL], [URL="http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/gpf1314_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf"]Protocols[/URL]
12-07-2013, 11:01 PM
and we all know how that saying was overturned. who knew a score of 99+ was even possible...
Originally Posted by sky_fly20