Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Senior Short Dance - GPF 2012-2014

Minority member
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Are you insane? Are we watching the same competition here?
    Consider the source.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Protocols:

Virtue/Moir and Davis/White both got Level 4s for everything.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    Thank you Mrs P for the info ... are you watching a stream without commentary so you can hear K&C reactions? I miss that(Universal Sports provided live streams for Skate Canada and Cup of China, but only selected videos and TV after those events).
    You could hear it on the BESP stream.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf

Both teams got all level 4s. V/M won in step sequence and twizzles. D/W had the edge in one Finnstep sequence and the lift. Both teams were tied in the second Finnstep.

Talk about tight.

It's nice to see Tessa and Scott and Meryl and Charlie neck to neck.

The Canadians were flawless. Not a foot wrong- a very well deserved 77.59 points.
    The Americans were amazing. However, they were slightly out of sync in the first set of twizzles. They were to an extent, lucky to take the lead.

In my eyes, I would've given the Canadians the Short Dance but 0.07 points is literally a tie in the whole scheme of things. 'Hair splittingly' different.

This Free Dance is going to be one hum diggity. We are being fed a feast of treats by these top skaters!

Custom Title
    wow wow. the world record gets broken twice tonight. I think that's the most emotion I've ever seen Meryl and Charlie show in the Kiss n' Cry lol.

Both teams are just extraordinary. Tessa and Scott were languid and sexy but still very classy and fun. Meryl and Charlie were light and effervescent, just floating through each moment like they were on clouds.

I do think I would have given the edge to Scott and Tessa tonight, but even with Charlie's weirdness on the twizzle they were a delight. Happy to see that rotational lift is making a comeback for them. Sublime way to end that song.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Are you insane? Are we watching the same competition here?
    why ? are V/M some sort of untouchable gods like Patrick Chan ?

Custom Title
    Wow, all level 4s for both teams!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf

Both teams got all level 4s. V/M won in step sequence and twizzles. D/W had the edge in one Finnstep sequence and the lift. Both teams were tied in the sequence Finnstep.

Talk about tight.
    Davis/White also beat them in all PCS categories, except for Performance. Which normally I can believe, as D/W are the speedier, more powerful looking team...

Again, this was a close run thing... but I still think V/M gave the better performance (from a viewers perspective. Which I guess IS reflected in their higher Performance PCS score.)

There is a sneaky judge who gave V/M lower GOE (only +2's and a +1 for the lift) and gave them 8's for Skating Skills and Transitions.....sneaky sneaky!

Custom Title
    i notice the crowd gave a much bigger standing ovation to Davis/White... Rinkside they must be most impressive.

And oh yeah as for the other competitors.

Weaver and Poje had the highest base value and highest TES among the four remaining teams. Bobrova and Soloviev had the highest PCS.

Bobrova and Soloviev: Level 3s on both Finnstep sequences + step sequence.
    Weaver and Poje: Level 3 on one Finnstep and step sequence
    Pechalat and Bourzat: Level 3 twizzles (and -GOE), step sequence and one Finnstep sequence
    Cappellini and Lanotte: -2 for an illegal movement...I wonder what it was? In addition major level issues: level 3 twizzles, level 2 finn step and step sequence.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    You don't think .07 is close?
    Oh absolutely. As I said, it really should be close--but I would switch the ordinals (so to speak). The point spread is pretty accurate.

B/S having the highest PCS of the remaining 4 couples is total bs. W/P should absolutely be third.

mylastduchess
    Wow one judge hated V/M almost a point difference in all of the PCS to D/W and even scored B/S skating higher SS than the Canadians

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    why ? are V/M some sort of untouchable gods like Patrick Chan ?
    No. But neither are Meryl and Charlie.

In your previous post, you called them weak skaters. In the ISU books, weak skaters earn presentation scores between 2.00-4.00.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast