Senior Pairs SP - GPF 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs SP - GPF 2013

samson

Medalist
Just the class of the field. Love them. Did they say she doubled her toe?? I can only imagine how high they would have scored if they hit the triple toes!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Pang/Tong grabbed me with their romantic chemistry, just took my breath away...And I'm also amazed by Aliona and Robin

samson

Medalist
SO glad they got rid of that axel. They were so much better than anything else they've put forward this season. I wonder if they'll get a personal best here? I enjoyed Pang and Tong more but S/S were still pretty wonderful.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hm..time deduction? Otherwise they would have received 80 and been within sight of VT's record score.

samson

Medalist
WOW. Almost 80. That's way higher than I thought the judges would ever give them all season. Some pressure on the Russians. Let's see how they deliver.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
5 couples, 5 great skates, no major mistakes and almost no minor ones. Can't recall when there's been a competition this clean where every couple is bringing it and stepping it up a notch. Ticket holders are really getting there money's worth on this one!

Now one couple left, and I presume they are not going to break the magic charm and go splat.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Interesting, just a tad higher on TES. They should lead based on PCS. Question is by how much.

samson

Medalist
wow wow. I do think I liked the Russians more. This program has grown on me, it feels they're starting to find some freedom in this piece.

I still loved Pang and Tong most, it was just so emotional, but all six teams were just terrific.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
eveyone was just amazing, every single pair proved that they were not here, at GPF by accident...No splats, bombs or mistakes - I wish I would be here, especially on pair and ice dance events...I hope ice dance today will be as good as this or even better

caitie

Medalist
This is the first pairs competition I've watched this season, and it was a treat! V/T and P/T were my favorites.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
82.65. Big PCS gap, but it's actually close between the top two pairs...just three points.

What an amazing competition. I'm not big on pairs but that was just amazing.

samson

Medalist
It looks like S/S made a great decision by dropping the axel. Now they can actually focus on the rest of their skating and just bring about some magic from their programs. Perhaps without the burden of the axel they can really let it rip. The judges certainly seem to be rewarding them justly for change.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It looks like S/S made a great decision by dropping the axel. Now they can actually focus on the rest of their skating and just bring about some magic from their programs. Perhaps without the burden of the axel they can really let it rip. The judges certainly seem to be rewarding them justly for change.

I agree. I'm happy they are actually striking distance of V/T now and don't have to make up a 10 point gap or something.