Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Senior Pairs SP - GPF 2013

skating philosopher
    Interesting, just a tad higher on TES. They should lead based on PCS. Question is by how much.

Custom Title
    What an event

Custom Title
    wow wow. I do think I liked the Russians more. This program has grown on me, it feels they're starting to find some freedom in this piece.

I still loved Pang and Tong most, it was just so emotional, but all six teams were just terrific.

pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
    eveyone was just amazing, every single pair proved that they were not here, at GPF by accident...No splats, bombs or mistakes - I wish I would be here, especially on pair and ice dance events...I hope ice dance today will be as good as this or even better

Custom Title
    This is the first pairs competition I've watched this season, and it was a treat! V/T and P/T were my favorites.

skating philosopher
    82.65. Big PCS gap, but it's actually close between the top two pairs...just three points.

What an amazing competition. I'm not big on pairs but that was just amazing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    What an event
    ITA Great event I'm getting more excited for pairs event again.

Custom Title
    It looks like S/S made a great decision by dropping the axel. Now they can actually focus on the rest of their skating and just bring about some magic from their programs. Perhaps without the burden of the axel they can really let it rip. The judges certainly seem to be rewarding them justly for change.

Custom Title
    Every single couple landed their SBS jumps. Amazing. When was the last time this happened?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    It looks like S/S made a great decision by dropping the axel. Now they can actually focus on the rest of their skating and just bring about some magic from their programs. Perhaps without the burden of the axel they can really let it rip. The judges certainly seem to be rewarding them justly for change.
    I agree. I'm happy they are actually striking distance of V/T now and don't have to make up a 10 point gap or something.

pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
    I'm happy after the Russian's score, because there isn't so huge gap between them and the rest that I expected...Lokking forward to tomorrow's free skate and if it will be that insanely good...oh my

Rinkside
    Duhamel and Radford was great !!! love them

Custom Title
    The last time I can really think of a pairs sp competition this good from so many teams was 2002 Salt Lake.

Minority member
    What a competition. If they could all skate like this at the Olympics, then top 6 positions would be a battle between these couples here.

Custom Title
    Pairs just might end up being the most exciting discipline of the Sochi Olympics. I expect all these teams will be there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast