Senior Pairs SP - GPF 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs SP - GPF 2013

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm happy after the Russian's score, because there isn't so huge gap between them and the rest that I expected...Lokking forward to tomorrow's free skate and if it will be that insanely good...oh my

samson

Medalist
The last time I can really think of a pairs sp competition this good from so many teams was 2002 Salt Lake.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
What a competition. If they could all skate like this at the Olympics, then top 6 positions would be a battle between these couples here.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Pairs just might end up being the most exciting discipline of the Sochi Olympics. I expect all these teams will be there.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was an amazing event, great performances from all couples.

V/T are rightly in the lead, the way they open with the triple twist catches your attention, this programme has grown on me. S/S can take real confidence from this performance, not to far of the lead and clean for the first time this season, they are closer than I expected. P/T has problems on the jumps (from her this time) but it is a beautiful programme, I still prefer the B/S performance though.

It's hard to believe that a score of 68 and you are still in 6th place, this must be the best skated pairs short ever, hopefully the free will be of the same level.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
very good for S/S for ditching the bogus 3A, wise decision
i enjoyed V/T and P/T

I have a soft spot for P/T this season
hope they can sneak in for silver

gold12345

Medalist
Incredible event. Very rarely will you see 6 teams skate that wonderfully in the same event. Amazing.

LRK

Record Breaker
That was an amazing event, great performances from all couples.

V/T are rightly in the lead, the way they open with the triple twist catches your attention, this programme has grown on me. S/S can take real confidence from this performance, not to far of the lead and clean for the first time this season, they are closer than I expected. P/T has problems on the jumps (from her this time) but it is a beautiful programme, I still prefer the B/S performance though.

It's hard to believe that a score of 68 and you are still in 6th place, this must be the best skated pairs short ever, hopefully the free will be of the same level.

This is definitely an event where being last is no shame. Someone has to be.

mercury

Rinkside
Very very happy with the quality of today's performance and the scores.

Pairs just might end up being the most exciting discipline of the Sochi Olympics. I expect all these teams will be there.

For the Chinese, PT will be in Sochi. However, it's still a competition between Pang / Zheng and Sui / Han for the remaining place. They are of similar level (maybe a slight edge to Sui & Han) but either pair will be good enough in the top 6 (and I really hate the fact the one of these pairs has to stay at home :bang:)

age20

Rinkside
what an event! I enjoyed every pair but for PCS I believe there should be a 3-4 points gap between the top 3 and the rest.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I reeeeally like M-T/M, so I was dissapointed a little with their score =( I vastly prefer them to D/R! Liked the last 3 pairs. I think it's a good and wise decision for S/S to drop the 3a element from their program. In this case they will catch up V/T.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Really happy with this event and the standings are correct, imho. V/T have the best short and I'm glad that S/S delivered. Without the distracting 3TA their short ends in a beautiful romantic way, I have to agree with the Eurosport commentors though, I like the ball-theme from V/T more. The LP is a different story though.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Everyone is doing so well!! Seems like skaters really loves skating in Japan!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW at S/S coming SO CLOSE to V/T technically! This should have been the strategy of the Germans all along this season to go out consistently clean with the technical content you know you can do and continue to improve on the quality of those elements and perhaps they wouldn't have lost so much ground to the Russians. S/S even beat V/T on several elements in GOE quality. This sets up the unlikely, but possible scenario that if V/T have an unexpected mistake or two, then the Germans can come in with elements they are comfortable on and try to skate them as cleanly and good as they possibly can, and maybe pull off an upset.

Also, P/T continue to present a consistent challenge and roadblock to the medal hopes of D/R. The Chinese have really surprised this season.

sapphiresky

Rinkside
Woohoo thanks for the vids Mao88!

I am so happy that S/S did so well. Their throw jumps don't have the wow factor that V/T have though. They pretty much are behind solely based on PCS (and the time violation-ugh).

Everyone did really well, it makes a competition that much better.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
One judge gave -1 to M-T/M for their triple twist. That is the only negative GOE mark out of 378 marks. :jaw:

LOL!
Great to have spotted that :)
What an amazing competiton indeed!
- Pang DID a clean triple toe, the B Esp commentator got it wrong. They even got + 0.70 GOE for it. As he noted, the sync looked off on the takeoff, but the landings were almost perfectly in sync: She just spends so little time in the air, so he needs to "take a jump start" so they finish at the same time! ;) I think only Vera Bazarova from the top pairs jumps even lower. Still, great to see them back in shape again - they've grown on me over the years, their choreo is just so intricate - should have gotten higher PCS imo.
- The biggest advantage for Savchenko/Szolkowy having the Flip instead of the throw Axel is the choreography: Obviously, it also helps to have a great 3F instead of some mistake on the Axel; and it's less likely for her to sustain an injury from it like we saw at CoR; but the biggest difference to me is that we got rid of that awkward 4 seconds before the 3Axel where they move in slow motion and leave any choreography and interpretation behind. In their first years, their transitions in and out of elements were what set them apart imo, and that's something that they lost a bit in recent years.
Their free to Nutcracker as well as this short seem focused on "increasing the chances to have clean elements" by having a simple/slow choreo with nothing too distracting. It's a mile away from their brilliant free to "Pina". I'd so wish they'd go back to that programme! Then, they could get as high PCS as V/T again! With this choreo to Nutcracker, there's no chance of that happening, and rightfully so. :eek:hwell:
- S/S got -1 for a time violation... weird. They ended within the music, at the same time as they did in TEB and CoR (I was curious and took a look) - where they didn't get that penalty.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm so glad to see all the pairs doing so well...and so competetive...as I said before, pairs is really shaping up to be uber exciting for the Olympics.