Girls LP - 2013-14 JGP Final | Golden Skate

Girls LP - 2013-14 JGP Final

zamboni step

Final Flight
Also here, and I wonder why my friends think I'm obsessed, it's 5:40 here. :laugh:
I hope Angela has reversed her habit of skating a good short and a terrible long. That was her pattern last year at least.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
9:40 p.m. Thursday here. :) Debating if I want to stay all night to get skating. ;)

Oh Angela :bang:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Here. For how long, not sure.

Angela's participation here at the JGPF was certainly underwhelming. Very frustrating to watch her make these ridiculous mistakes. It looks mental, not physical.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Redemption for Polina! If that TES box score sticks it would be the highest TES among the U.S. ladies thus far. This is why she is a dark horse.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Angela flubbed the program, but Polina was WONDERFUL!

Anyone who can fill me on these two and their reputations/histories please do. I'd be so grateful. I'm new to watching juniors. LOVED Polina!

oleada

Record Breaker
Polina was lovely but I wouldn't bet on her for the Olympic team. Too raw at this point.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Here. For how long, not sure.

Angela's participation here at the JGPF was certainly underwhelming. Very frustrating to watch her make these ridiculous mistakes. It looks mental, not physical.

Agreed. That single axel and the other double, plus the fall on the third jump of the combination- silly, mental mistakes.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Angela flubbed the program, but Polina was WONDERFUL!

Anyone who can fill me on these two and their reputations/histories please do. I'd be so grateful. I'm new to watching juniors. LOVED Polina!

Polina has had the top two TES even as a junior among all the U.S. Ladies this season. She can do several 3-3 combos 3z-3t, 3f-3t and 3F-1l-3S

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Polina has had the top two TES even as a junior among all the U.S. Ladies this season. She can do several 3-3 combos 3z-3t, 3f-3t and 3F-1l-3S

She is so impressive. Great potential for the future. Seemed a little disappointed by her score.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I actually like this program, but Alexandria was a bit frantic for my taste plus the mistakes. I hope Polina passes her.

She is so impressive. Great potential for the future. Seemed a little disappointed by her score.

I think she was doing some math. She knows the Russian babies can score 117+ so 113 is a bit disappointing in comparison and she probably was unsure if she could move up. But it looks like she will move up at least one spot.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Proklova is so much fun to watch! The 3-2 and single lutz are going to cost her dearly though. Probably not enough to place above Polina, although she should get better PCS.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Edmunds was very good, she's really an elegant skater and developing senior-level presentation.

Proklova cute cute cute but think the music was too big for her and no dynamics/modulation made the program a bit frantic. Juniorish still, but I like her.

oleada

Record Breaker
Proklova is fantastic and has so much potential. Shame about the errors. I think her 3F might have been UR, too.

zamboni step

Final Flight
I agree completely with the PCS scoring there in comparison to Polina, now to see if Medvedeva can lay it down like at other events.