Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Girls LP - 2013-14 JGP Final

I actually like this program, but Alexandria was a bit frantic for my taste plus the mistakes. I hope Polina passes her.

Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    She is so impressive. Great potential for the future. Seemed a little disappointed by her score.
    I think she was doing some math. She knows the Russian babies can score 117+ so 113 is a bit disappointing in comparison and she probably was unsure if she could move up. But it looks like she will move up at least one spot.

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Proklova is so much fun to watch! The 3-2 and single lutz are going to cost her dearly though. Probably not enough to place above Polina, although she should get better PCS.

Custom Title
    Edmunds was very good, she's really an elegant skater and developing senior-level presentation.

Proklova cute cute cute but think the music was too big for her and no dynamics/modulation made the program a bit frantic. Juniorish still, but I like her.

Custom Title
    Proklova is fantastic and has so much potential. Shame about the errors. I think her 3F might have been UR, too.

I agree completely with the PCS scoring there in comparison to Polina, now to see if Medvedeva can lay it down like at other events.

Custom Title
    Proklova is so young looking, though, and who knows what her body will be like post puberty? I don't think we can put much faith in her future results given how teeny she is currently. She IS adorable. I thought her coach was quite mean and harsh to her when she came off the ice.

Not the best program for Medvedeva however it should be enough to pass Polina. She only needs a 102.

Evgenia looked like she was terrified not to skate like she did at other JGP events, her speed going into the jumps was quite tentative. This JGPF being in Japan is great for showing how even the seemingly indestructible juniors feel nerves with this kind of audience. Incidentally that 2A-2T is the first proper mistake she's made on a jump all season.

Custom Title
    I'm not a fan of Medvedeva's program, there's something disjointed about music and choreography. Not a lot of projection quality, she seems like a very introverted skater, quite the contrast from Proklova.

So far these Russian FS's are just too frantic and flailing for me. I feel like I'm watching an aerobics workout video rather than a skating program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    Evgenia looked like she was terrified not to skate like she did at other JGP events, her speed going into the jumps was quite tentative. This JGPF being in Japan is great for showing how even the seemingly indestructible juniors feel nerves with this kind of audience. Incidentally that 2A-2T is the first proper mistake she's made on a jump all season.
    Agreed. She looked very slow and tentative. I thought Polina was stronger today.

Am I the only one reminded of Maria Butyrskaya?

Custom Title
    anybody just lose the ISU feed?

ETA: got it back but missed Sakhanovitch first minute.

Sakh is a rather sloppy skater with some questionable jump technique. Really can't stand her jump landings. She just doesn't appear in control of her limbs. Seems a bit of a tin ear when it comes to musicality, at least compared to the other skaters in this field. But she certainly keeps up her attack throughout the program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I'm not a fan of Medvedeva's program, there's something disjointed about music and choreography. Not a lot of projection quality, she seems like a very introverted skater, quite the contrast from Proklova.

So far these Russian FS's are just too frantic and flailing for me. I feel like I'm watching an aerobics workout video rather than a skating program.
    I completely agree with you both about Medvedeva and about the Russian FS's more generally.

Serafima's jump landings are SCARY looking. The jumps look rotated enough, just not aesthetically pleasing what so ever. She will likely beat Polina's FS score due to TES. :P

ETA: Oh wait, that TES tracker is dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I completely agree with you both about Medvedeva and about the Russian FS's more generally.
    Maria Sotskova's FS is actually very well choreographed, and I usually don't like Russian choreography.
    Those tano 3-3s are amazing, shame about the 2A but this could win the event! Best presentation of the field so far considering the nervy performances by some of the others.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast