Girls LP - 2013-14 JGP Final | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Girls LP - 2013-14 JGP Final

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Proklova is so young looking, though, and who knows what her body will be like post puberty? I don't think we can put much faith in her future results given how teeny she is currently. She IS adorable. I thought her coach was quite mean and harsh to her when she came off the ice.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not the best program for Medvedeva however it should be enough to pass Polina. She only needs a 102.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Evgenia looked like she was terrified not to skate like she did at other JGP events, her speed going into the jumps was quite tentative. This JGPF being in Japan is great for showing how even the seemingly indestructible juniors feel nerves with this kind of audience. Incidentally that 2A-2T is the first proper mistake she's made on a jump all season.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm not a fan of Medvedeva's program, there's something disjointed about music and choreography. Not a lot of projection quality, she seems like a very introverted skater, quite the contrast from Proklova.

So far these Russian FS's are just too frantic and flailing for me. I feel like I'm watching an aerobics workout video rather than a skating program.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Evgenia looked like she was terrified not to skate like she did at other JGP events, her speed going into the jumps was quite tentative. This JGPF being in Japan is great for showing how even the seemingly indestructible juniors feel nerves with this kind of audience. Incidentally that 2A-2T is the first proper mistake she's made on a jump all season.
Agreed. She looked very slow and tentative. I thought Polina was stronger today.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
anybody just lose the ISU feed?

ETA: got it back but missed Sakhanovitch first minute.

Sakh is a rather sloppy skater with some questionable jump technique. Really can't stand her jump landings. She just doesn't appear in control of her limbs. Seems a bit of a tin ear when it comes to musicality, at least compared to the other skaters in this field. But she certainly keeps up her attack throughout the program.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I'm not a fan of Medvedeva's program, there's something disjointed about music and choreography. Not a lot of projection quality, she seems like a very introverted skater, quite the contrast from Proklova.

So far these Russian FS's are just too frantic and flailing for me. I feel like I'm watching an aerobics workout video rather than a skating program.

I completely agree with you both about Medvedeva and about the Russian FS's more generally.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Serafima's jump landings are SCARY looking. The jumps look rotated enough, just not aesthetically pleasing what so ever. She will likely beat Polina's FS score due to TES. :p

ETA: Oh wait, that TES tracker is dropping.

zamboni step

Final Flight
I completely agree with you both about Medvedeva and about the Russian FS's more generally.

Maria Sotskova's FS is actually very well choreographed, and I usually don't like Russian choreography.
Those tano 3-3s are amazing, shame about the 2A but this could win the event! Best presentation of the field so far considering the nervy performances by some of the others.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Serafima's jump landings are SCARY looking. The jumps look rotated enough, just not aesthetically pleasing what so ever. She will likely beat Polina's FS score due to TES. :p

ETA: Oh wait, that TES tracker is dropping.

So scary looking! Not at all nice to look at. Her marks were too high.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually I enjoyed Maria Sotskova's program. The only one out of the Russian babies tonight. Hm....the score tracker is dropping on her too.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Wow. Really like Maria Sotskova's program and yes, it is well choreographed with lots of nice details. She did a great job here. I had not seen her skate before this competition and I think she's the cream of the crop today. My only quibble is that last section of music, really too heavy.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Polina ends up with the second best FS and the highest TES for the night. Oh well, hope she learns from this experience and come back strong at Nationals.

Unless Ashley changes things tomorrow night, Polina will have the three highest TES scores among the U.S. ladies in the FS.

oleada

Record Breaker
This is a good group of girls; on a different night, based on skates, the results could be different. But it's Sotskova's night tonight :) Way to bring your best when it counts.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Polina Edmunds should have been on this podium if it wasn't for yesterday's disaster. Moral of story isn't that much different than the old 6.0 days: SP can't win you the competition, but it can sure lose it for you.

We can only wonder where Karen Chen might have placed had she been here.....:disapp:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Polina Edmunds should have been on this podium. Moral of story isn't that much different than the old 6.0 days: SP can't win you the competition, but it can sure lose it for you.

She should have received higher PCS, IMO. Don't quite see how Serafima Sakhanovich equaled her there.