Girls LP - 2013-14 JGP Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Girls LP - 2013-14 JGP Final

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Maria creamed everyone,
this should always be it, her PCS 2 points and above higher in PCS. I dont want the others ever near Sotskova's marks

Medvedva ahs poor skating skills
Sakhanovich bent knees
Polina is too leggy for now
Proklova is tiny
Wang is a headcase

Sotskova is teh total package
congrats girl ! :yay:

zamboni step

Final Flight
I love the transitions in that program, you don't see many doing them into a 2A-3T. She definitely deserved her scores here even if I thought she was a little boosted in the short. I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed by how tentative Medvedeva was, and I'm not even a fan! She had and still has the highest scoring FS in the junior even this year but just seemed to nervous to skate it.

I can't help but be in awe of how good Sakhanovich's 3F-3T was, yes she was off axis after the first part and yes the landing overall was scary. But she did a 3T with on arm over her head with not very much speed going into it, and maintained the speed! That's impressive.

Finnstep

Final Flight
Junior Ladies Results

1 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 176.75 1 1
2 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS 172.86 2 3
3 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS 163.68 3 5
4 Polina EDMUNDS USA 161.71 5 2
5 Alexandra PROKLOVA RUS 157.77 4 4
6 Angela WANG USA 131.58 6 6

FS videos:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Angela WANG USA
2 Polina EDMUNDS USA
3 Alexandra PROKLOVA RUS
4 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
5 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS
6 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS

FS results

1 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 115.46 62.66 52.80 6.54 6.25 6.82 6.71 6.68 0.00 #6
2 Polina EDMUNDS USA 113.51 62.95 50.56 6.43 5.96 6.50 6.32 6.39 0.00 #2
3 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS 112.30 62.14 50.16 6.50 5.89 6.46 6.29 6.21 0.00 #5
4 Alexandra PROKLOVA RUS 106.50 55.58 50.92 6.46 5.93 6.61 6.43 6.39 0.00 #3
5 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS 104.93 56.76 48.17 6.18 5.64 6.11 6.14 6.04 0.00 #4
6 Angela WANG USA 86.89 42.16 46.73 6.14 5.64 5.68 5.96 5.79 2.00 #1

FS protocols

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Wang was the disappointment of the competition. But to me, Sakhanovitch was the weakest link in terms of unattractive skating style and sloppy technique. I see some serious technical work in her future or she's going to fall by the wayside in a tough Russian ladies competitive market. Let's not even discuss the (lack of) artistry or musicality....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Medvedeva should have been off the podium
and Polina in 3rd

Medvedva was skating stone faced with poor skating skills
her PCS marks have rightfully low

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wang was the disappointment of the competition. But to me, Sakhanovitch was the weakest link in terms of unattractive skating style and sloppy technique. I see some serious technical work in her future or she's going to fall by the wayside in a tough Russian ladies competitive market.

Yeah, it's really a shame she did not perform her best here. She actually has the best all-around package when she hits it. I actually felt her FS had some highlights despite the mistakes. Can't really say the same for Sakhanovich or Medvedeva or even Proklova tonight.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Why Medvedeva was trying 2A-3T when her 2A is scary to watch is beyond me. Had she stuck with what was a seemingly secure/consistent 3S-3T she could have had a shot at winning the title, also the scaling back on the difficulty of the spins didn't help.

My first attempt at spelling "Stuck" was "Stook", so I'm going back to bed. :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
worst skating skills - Medvedeva
bad technique ( those ugly bent knees ) - Sakhanovich
headcase of the event - Wang

Sotskova's gap among the rest should be higher

oleada

Record Breaker
I thought Sakhanovich was really enjoyable and her PCS was too low. She has a lot of transitions in her program - a spiral to a triple triple?! Who does that?!

Polina Edmunds had a great skate, but the competition has 2 parts, and she completely bombed the SP. Based on that, she didn't deserve to medal. That's the way it is, and hopefully she can learn to deal better with the pressure in the future and compete better at Junior Worlds. Medvedeva isn't as good or as polished as Polina at this point, but she didn't have any major errors, and Polina had two very big ones.

Wang was embarrassing. It's like she didn't even try.

Don't see the point of wondering where Chen would have placed.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

There is no real point. This is a forum and speculation and idle thoughts are allowed and I'll indulge if I so choose. Karen Chen has a different style than the rest of the field, and her presence would have added another dimension to the competition. And assuming a reasonably strong and clean skate, I'd like to have seen how she stacked up against the Russians. It's very likely Chen will be a Jr. Worlds pick for the USA, just as some of the other Russian competitors here might be for their country.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I thought Sakhanovich was really enjoyable and her PCS was too low. She has a lot of transitions in her program - a spiral to a triple triple?! Who does that?!

Polina Edmunds had a great skate, but the competition has 2 parts, and she completely bombed the SP. Based on that, she didn't deserve to medal. That's the way it is, and hopefully she can learn to deal better with the pressure in the future and compete better at Junior Worlds. Medvedeva isn't as good or as polished as Polina at this point, but she didn't have any major errors, and Polina had two very big ones.

Wang was embarrassing. It's like she didn't even try.

Medvedeva had a stumble on her 2A-3T combo ( doing a combo on her worst jump, the 2A was not a good thing )
jumps were tentative and borderline tiny.

your saying Sakhanovich deserves higher PCS ? she should always get less than Sotskova, about 2 points less always like in this event

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There is no real point. This is a forum and speculation and idle thoughts are allowed and I'll indulge if I so choose. Karen Chen has a different style than the rest of the field, and her presence would have added another dimension to the competition. And assuming a reasonably strong and clean skate, I'd like to have seen how she stacked up against the Russians. It's very likely Chen will be a Jr. Worlds pick for the USA, just as some of the other Russian competitors here might be for their country.

Yes, I sorely missed Chen here. i hope she recovers from her injury and is able to go to nationals and jr. worlds. I think Polina has a good shot at a Jr. Worlds berth also.

oleada

Record Breaker

Yes, it's a shame. I would hae preferred to see her two. But I hope she can heal in time for US Nats. I'm glad she withdrew instead of risking further injury :)

Speaking of something pointless, I won't even bother replying to sky_fly...

Barb

Record Breaker
ladies LP were amazing :clap: , I did know any girl but Polina, I specially enjoyed Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, Alexandra PROKLOVA and Serafima SAKHANOVICH, for me Serafima was the best, and I love her program :love:.

elif

Medalist
Only two girls got ''e'' deduction for their jumps and all of them have 3F and 3lutz. :eek: They are front of the senior judges too.:)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I wish Karen was here. She would have been the 1st, I think.:) I really liked Proklova and Edmunds. Serafima was lovely, but her landings did look scary:slink: And also I think Polina should have been 3d at least, ahead of Medvedeva fo sure! Sotskova surprised me)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
so dissappointed with Angela! i was so hyped she got to go but these performances no no angela...! she a beautiful skater when on, and her programes are lovely but with her inconsitency shes going nowhere... whats the deal with those popped loops..

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Medvedeva is injured according to icenetwork articles, so her performances make a bit more sense now. I still think she can bounce back. Well-deserved victory for Sotskova, I think she is the the fastest and most mature of the Russian ladies here. Edmunds was great but it reminds me a bit of Wang last season, 2nd in the FS with a great skate but off the podium because of a bad SP and the ladies ahead of her holding it together. Proklova wasn't her best but I still like her posture. Sakhanovich is very graceful but the technique is ugly/scary. She looks pretty mature physically for 13 though so maybe she gets all the puberty woes out of the way early and can do very well in a few years when the other girls struggle? Too soon to tell but she has potential. This should be a big confidence boost to Sotskova, hope she makes it to JW. Wonder how Medvedeva will do at Senior Nats, I had originally thought she'd be top 4 but maybe now 6th-10th place is more realistic.

Great news for Polina though, no URs in the FS and that's with Shin Amano as the caller! I just hope she doesn't grow too much more, from what I can tell though, her dad is quite tall but her mother is pretty petite (shorter than Polina) and her grandma average (about the same height as Polina), so maybe she will be okay. Sotskova looks quite tall for 13, too, it looks great on the ice but I hope she doesn't get too tall.