Boys LP - 2013-14 JGP Final | Golden Skate

Boys LP - 2013-14 JGP Final

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Moving over here from the junior ladies' thread....would like to see Keiji Tanaka get on the podium. He's aging out of juniors and has been to two JGPF's so far, ending up out of the medals both times. Would be nice for him to have a strong free skate and leave the JGP series as a medalist if not a winner....and in front of a home crowd.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Moving over here from the junior ladies' thread....would like to see Keiji Tanaka get on the podium. He's aging out of juniors and has been to two JGPF's so far, ending up out of the medals both times. Would be nice for him to have a strong free skate and leave the JGP series as a medalist if not a winner....and in front of a home crowd.

That would be nice for him! He had the unfortunate situation of having to compete against Faris/Han/Brown/Kovtun.

Disappointing performance from Hino. Such a shame. He medaled at this event last year.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Yeah, I'm not sure what to think about Hino. He has some nice moments in this program but also some rough ones. He skates with such a blank expression and stiff body, but not sure if he's always like this or just mucho nerves tensed him up on everything.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Boyang's a jumping bean. Three quads including one in the second half. HIs TES is sort of crazy. His TES is better than most of the senior men. Almost 90+ Otherwise the program is pretty meh especially when you compare it to Javier's last year.

samson

Medalist
His knee bend is so deep going into the quad, but he also leans a lot in the air. It's kind of impressive that he landed the second one.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

at 19 ? he is milking this JGP event
he should have been not allowed to compete at all

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm such a softie when it comes to Boyang Jin. This is a good program for him. He's a great jumper, now he just needs some experience and also improve posture, get rid of the round shoulders, project out to the audience and stop looking down, improve skating skills and start adding more stuff between the elements. Needs a lot of work especially the next couple of years but a diamond in the rough. IMO, he's one of the Chinese skaters that could really benefit from some foreign choreo and artistic input/training.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
150. That's a great score for a junior man!

Indeed it is. I believe it would be the third highest junior men FS score ever behind Jason Brown's 154+ and Joshua Farris' 152+ at Jr. Worlds last year. Boyang could break that 154 record by Jr. Worlds this year.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
chinese men seems to be in good hands with Yan and Boyang for the next quad and beyond

samson

Medalist
Not sure I've seen Pitkeev skate before, but so far Petrov is the most appealing Russian mens skater I've seen in a long time. I hope he has a bright future ahead of him!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Not sure I've seen Pitkeev skate before, but so far Petrov is the most appealing Russian mens skater I've seen in a long time. I hope he has a bright future ahead of him!

he is coached by Alexei Mishin now
his wife Mishina just tags along in Petrov's competitions

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Great program from Nathan. Adding the 3A makes the 2-5 layout a little bit less strange looking. Curious how this will score.

Highest PCS of the night couldn't make up for a 13 point deficit in TES.

samson

Medalist
He did a really nice job. Good score, just not enough for to overcome the quads from Boyang. Interested to watch this Russian now!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Love Nathan! He's really got an "it" factor and a great performer. So far this season he seems quite consistent and doesn't seem to get rattled by competition pressure. Rafael in the K&C grins and shakes his head....I think he knew that those Boyang Jin quads was not going to be catchable.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He's definitely not going to beat Boyang. It's a close call whether he'll beat Nathan based on his PB in PCS.

samson

Medalist
ANd a really strong skate from Pitkeev. Don't love the aesthetic but it really looked like he went out there and did exactly what he set out to do.

Based on where the TES box is, it will probably be enough to hold of Nathan, I wonder if he can get into the lead though. He'll need a personal best!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Love Nathan! He's really got an "it" factor and a great performer. So far this season he seems quite consistent and doesn't seem to get rattled by competition pressure. Rafael in the K&C grins and shakes his head....I think he knew that those Boyang Jin quads was not going to be catchable.

I can't wait to see him live at Nationals!!