Boys LP - 2013-14 JGP Final | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Boys LP - 2013-14 JGP Final

samson

Medalist
Aaaaah poor Tanaka. He seems to be losing steam a bit. He might finish off the podium now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looks like Nathan will stay on the podium. Too bad for Kenji.

samson

Medalist
Congrats to Nathan! He was great. It's nice to see him building and growing. He seems to be handling his growth spurt pretty well. Too bad for Kenji, but hopefully he can use this as a building block.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Yep, don't think Tanaka is going to be on the podium. A couple of falls and a bunch of -GOE. Feel bad for him.

Becki

Medalist
wow...I feel kinda bad for Keiji and Ryuju. No way are they going to be competitive in Senior Men...okay, maybe Keiji if he's more consistent but look at Ryuju's PCs...lowest of all the juniors, and he's been in the jr ranks for many seasons now. Not to mention, he was skating in JAPAN, no home ice advantage for him :(

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Nathan! He was great. It's nice to see him building and growing. He seems to be handling his growth spurt pretty well. Too bad for Kenji, but hopefully he can use this as a building block.

Nathan's team seems to be taking a long-tail strategy, which is absolutely necessary given his Osgood–Schlatter diagnosis. I am happy he did get two 3A ratified here. He looks good to get a second junior title at nationals in a few weeks.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
good job Adian
now lets hope he kicks Kovtun's butt next quad

nice for Chen to be on the podium, needs work on his 3A very telegraphic jump
guess Tanaka left empty handed even with his maximum age limit

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Very happy for Boyang Jin--though I'm sure he's aware he's got a lot to work on the PCS side of his skating before he can move to seniors. Pitkeev did a super job and I love his music and program. Luuuuuuuuve Nathan--a credible job for his first full season on the JGP.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
wow...I feel kinda bad for Keiji and Ryuju. No way are they going to be competitive in Senior Men...okay, maybe Keiji if he's more consistent but look at Ryuju's PCs...lowest of all the juniors, and he's been in the jr ranks for many seasons now. Not to mention, he was skating in JAPAN, no home ice advantage for him :(

juniors are spared from PCS boosting even in home ice events
that applies only for seniors

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/gpf1314_JuniorMen_FS_Scores.pdf

Wow Boyang actually left a bunch of points on the table by missing levels on his non-jump elements. His GOE is not that great either, less than two points worth, compared to 6.87 for Pitkeev and 5.56 for Nathan, speaking of which Pitkeev's higher +GOE help him edge Nathan out here.

Looks like Nathan missed a level on his spin and he got -GOE on that telegraphed 3A. He is capable of better +GOE.

age20

Rinkside
:agree:I can see thats alot of work.:biggrin:
I'm such a softie when it comes to Boyang Jin. This is a good program for him. He's a great jumper, now he just needs some experience and also improve posture, get rid of the round shoulders, project out to the audience and stop looking down, improve skating skills and start adding more stuff between the elements. Needs a lot of work especially the next couple of years but a diamond in the rough. IMO, he's one of the Chinese skaters that could really benefit from some foreign choreo and artistic input/training.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
I think he landed it twice at JGP Austria. Once in the SP and once in the FS. He took it out for US nationals that year.

I'm actually more excited for the junior FS more than that of the senior men. Will Boyang Jin rebound and land two quads? Will Keiji Tanaka get ridiculous PCS for his two foot skating? Will Nathan Chen beat the rest of the field without a proper triple axel? It's all very exciting.

That's that I guess. Congrats to the medalists. I'm actually surprised how many easy points Jin left on the table in regard to levels.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Jin Boyang is great, why did they make him look so nerdy? If he had skated to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPO3ZjyOV_E

his PCS would be way up.

Hee-hee. I think they should let him experiment a bit with different types of music before selecting programs for next season. He's at that age and level where his own personal style of skating begins to develop...like we see Han Yan in the process of doing.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Pitkeev is very improved, nice to see Tutberize have a strong male student finally. He is still tiny but a lot more grown up than last season. Nathan is great and just needs to grow up some and I think the rest of his skating will follow. His technique is very strong and spins amazing, once he gets bigger I bet he can start doing 3a combos and quads. I am just happy to see him healthy and skating well.

Petrov is a nice skater but the jump technique is bad, glad he is with Mishin now because it might mean the jump technique can be fixed/improved. Great step sequence.

Japanese guys are good but won't be good enough to get anywhere in Japan, plus they both age out after this season. Hino looks tall and strong though, maybe he could try pairs and be more successful.

Jin, Pitkeev, and Chen are all great hopes for the future IMO, all so talented and each in unique ways.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Yes, I agree they should let them be what they are, but I think Yan Han's Lori Nichols' programs are awkward for him. He's a more serious and matured type, even though he's cute looking. The happiest I've seen him skate is his Jalouse/AdiosNonino Tango at 4CC, powerful, sharp as a tack and lethal, if he can develop that into a long program, would be fantastic. He is also a dancer at heart like Jin Boyang and seems to get lost in a waltz. But imagine Jin would score all those PCS if he was given the room to express his fondness for rock/pop like this MJ exhibition. It's amazing how he was exuberant and enjoying himself, transitions straight into his jumps without missing a beat, a future Yuzuru Hanyu. ;)

I hope he can skate to something like this Chinese "Michael Jackson" style hit. With his jumps, it reminds me of the lyrics "I am flying in the sky". Wish someone could help him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTQkaDoeaGQ

They are cool guys, but seem to get a bit lost in finding their identity. A lot of the younger ones do, eg Radionova is best doing 5th element rather than Anna Karenina, just fits her sunny character!