Men LP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men LP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Becki

Medalist
I don't particularly enjoy Yan's program. He has very good skating skills, I look forward to his development in the next few years :)

zschultz1986

Final Flight
I don't particularly enjoy Yan's program. He has very good skating skills, I look forward to his development in the next few years :)

Yeah, you can see the talent... he's got a lot of the right pieces, he just needs to put them all in the right place.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Dang it. Kovtun is going to beat Han. There goes 30 points for me.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Han really needs a little more poise, but the talent level is so huge! I just wished Kovtun wasn't so slow ^^"

No go Odaddy!!

caitie

Medalist
Yeah, Han is definitely one to watch. I reallyyy enjoy watching him, he is a beautiful skater. I prefer his SP, though.

I really admire how Oda doesn't let a fall at the start of his LP dictate how the rest of it goes, I guess that is where his experience shows even though he still looks like a teenager to me!

zschultz1986

Final Flight
1. I wonder how many times those amazing knees have gotten Oda out of jump trouble.

2. I just don't feel it from Oda. He's doing all the choreography... just absolutely zero emoting, until the footwork sequence.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Holy crap, Oda 91+ and that's with a fall on the quad and a iffy landing on the 3Lo.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
I know this maybe isn't a giant thing but it's so distracting for me when I watch Patrick: His arms and his shoulders, especially when he's holding them straight... they just seem WAY too tight, and his shoulders kind of rise up and it looks like he's shrugging and it detracts from the stuff that he's doing. He needs to relax his arms and shoulders, while still keeping his posture and carriage.

However, kudos to him for landing the jumps.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Wow, Patrick nailed it again! Now that's impressive :rock:

Hopefully Yuzuru manages to focus on himself and skate up to his potential :)