Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Men LP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    no he wont beat Chan if he gets PCS he deserves (not this overhyped PCS scores he got here) and chan goes two clean programs.

Chan has gotten overinflated scores for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Like i said Chan should have won the free skate here, but overall score because of the short it was yuzurus win but not with that huge gap! cmon people hes not that good, and im sorry but that rome and juliet program is really not working for me..

And for me Chan's program isn't working. In every program of his he does the same strange, meaningless arm movements and I have no idea what he's trying to convey with them. His PCS for SS and TR should be off the roof but his other PCS should not be much better than everyone else's at this competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Chanflation should now be replaced by hanyuflation! Move over chanflation. Hanyuflation is the order of the day.
    Hanyu's home ice inflation was shameless and rivals Lipnitskaia at COR. I fully expect that if Mao has a fall in the FS she will still get a personal best PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Inflation of marks is wrong no matter who benefits from it with flawed skates. Patrick has largely been skating like a champion this season with two clean or strong programs with no falls, which is why I've been off his case in terms of his marks. We have not seen any blemishes from him in the events that mattered this season until the SP here at the Final.

Errr...yeah Chan was very good at his 2nd Grand Prix where he got showered with never seen before, sky high scores but he didn't skate very well at Skate Canada this season where he was overscored as usual...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Hanyu's home ice inflation was shameless and rivals Lipnitskaia at COR. I fully expect that if Mao has a fall in the FS she will still get a personal best PCS.

I'm sure you said the same about the countless occasions in the past when Chan made big mistakes but still got overinflated scores and way too high PCS

Custom Title
    Hanyu's TES of his TEB free was 87.3 points.
    Replacing first two jumps with those of GPF, you will get TES of 99.9 points.
    Such a huge number could prop up his PCS at least 3 or 4 points.
    Most likely, Hanyu would have gotten about 280 points at TEB if he skated like at GPF.
    The difference of 13 points could be explained for the home bonus and federation's favorite ("ace") bonus.
    I think he was given about 286 points even if it was not in Japan, beating Chan comfortably.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    ^ Potentially, I see an Olympic podium of 1 Canadian, 1 Japanese, and 1 Russian man. Fernandez's notorious inconsistency has put his Olympic medal spot in jeopardy; his momentum from last season took a huge hit this fall season with his very subpar outings, his lackluster programs, and his PCS will suffer as a result. Ten is always a question mark; his inconsistency is notorious as well.
    I think more likely it will be 1 Canadian and 2 Japanese. I wouldnt count Fernandez out, and I wouldnt count the Russian rep (whoever that is) out, and even Ten cant be totally counted out if he ever regained his 2013 Worlds form or better for the Games. However I think a 2nd Japanese medalist is more likely than a Russian, atleast if the event is scored fairly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by David21 View Post
    I'm sure you said the same about the countless occasions in the past when Chan made big mistakes but still got overinflated scores and way too high PCS
    According to him the marks of the Canadian skaters are always right. Only Japanese or Russians especialy wrong. Not only Chan but Osmond, Duhamel & Radford, Weaver & Poje, et al have never in anyway benefited from home ice in scores. Oh yeah and the wins of Chan at the 2013 Worlds and 2010 Skate Canada were completely right and in no way, shape, or form wrong, and only Chan haters say otherwise.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    These PCS are what Hanyu should get if he were skating to an updated version of his 2012 Long Program. His current program is formulaic crap and the scores are undeserved. Unless he skates absolutely perfect, he definitely won't get that much at the Olympics.

However, I'm glad Hanyu scored so well at this competition, to shut up some annoying people who like to downplay his abilities/chances. His technical ability is higher than anyone else in the World and he can be an amazing performer, when given the right vehicles.

There's pretty much nobody I'm rooting for to win the Olympics at this point. All of the Men in contention have disappointing Long Programs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post

There's pretty much nobody I'm rooting for to win the Olympics at this point. All of the Men in contention have disappointing Long Programs this season.
    Poor you Try to enjoy the great athletes

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    That is very good description of how I feel about men's longer programs. Sad but truth.

Quote Originally Posted by spread beagle View Post
    That is very good description of how I feel about men's longer programs. Sad but truth.
    Poor you too

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    So, Patrick was clean and lost the free skate to a guy who fell! Karma is funny sometimes!...
    If any Patrick's fan thinks that he deserved to win the free, JUST LOOK AT THE PROTOCOLS
    PChan was clean if you compared to his usual standard of FS skating. But he did step out on one jump, so less visible and costly mistake than Hanyu.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    PChan was clean if you compared to his usual standard of FS skating. But he did step out on one jump, so less visible and costly mistake than Hanyu.
    Yes, but then again Yuzuru's base value was 8 points higher than Patrick's (and that's with a botched spin), which gave him room for a mistake. He was scored rather generously in PCS, but apart from the fall his performance was very strong - this is hardly on the level of what happened at 2012 Worlds.

Oh, and seeing Patrick fans cry foul when another skater is overscored strikes me as a bit hypocritical - just saying .

Hanyu - excellent. That program is great for him, and the choreography is great too, very expressive. I loved what Brian Orser said in the kiss and cry, that there is still room for improvement. So if he can get a score like this with a fall and a bad combination spin, then he can still beat Chan, even without the PCS inflation as others are saying. I really hope he can skate clean at the Olympics! The only thing I have to shake my head at is the way he acted after his program was finished. A little dramatic for my tastes...

Chan- beautiful program to Four Seasons. Still room for improvement too though in time for the Olympic Games. He didn't seem to happy with it, though he skated clean pretty clean. Maybe because he knew he had 13 points to make up?

Oda- woohoo! He was so happy to be on the podium, and he set himself up well for the Olympics! Happy for him

Machida- This is my favorite Fire Bird program that any skater has ever skated to. Very artistic and pays attention to detail. Great skate for him too

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm just so thrilled that Nobu medalled!!! I so want him to also do well at Japanese Nationals & make the Olympic team.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast