Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Men LP - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Custom Title
    I would say that he lost 4 points off the base value... And then about 2 more off GOE that he can get if he does that as well as he has the potential to.

This would get Hanyu almost up to 109 TES.

He can break 100 in SP, 200 in FS, 300 total easily, doesn't even need to be absolutely perfect. He also -has- clearly improved his presentation and upper body usage and his scores there have deservedly been going up.

Banned
    YES !!!! Yuzu won

probably the fairest scoring in men's FS in a while
    everyone skated almost well in the FS too

It would have been a scandal had the Chanflated won

Custom Title
    Congrats to all the medalists and wow Machida for coming back from yesterday!

That said, I think Hannyu's score was way too high... His PCS, especially SS is nowhere near near Patrick.
    I don't think we'll see these scores at the Olympics.

Banned
    also judges need to get it right
    Hanyu deserves higher PCS than Patrick Chan

Custom Title
    I do believe Chris just called him "Yazanuri Hanyu"...

Custom Title
    Yuzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Did Hanyu just do that? Skating last, after Patrick Chan who just broke 3 world records 3 weeks ago skating an amazing LP, pressure and all... and he didn't let the fall affect him, but slayed the rest of the program (minus the final spin)!

That's the highest TES ever so far, isn't it? With a fall... gawd, I can't get over it.

And the intensity was back! Not the holding back of last season's LP's... wonderboy indeed

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Congrats to all the medalists and wow Machida for coming back from yesterday!

That said, I think Hannyu's score was way too high... His PCS, especially SS is nowhere near near Patrick.
    I don't think we'll see these scores at the Olympics.
    I think a 5 point gap is fair

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

Final spin got level 1 for Yuzuru.

Woah, Nobunari left quite a few points on the table. Spins were level 1,2,3 and step sequence was level 3. In any case, he just made a pretty good case to get him on the Olympic team. However I have a feeling if Machida beats Oda at Nationals, Oda will be left at home.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Hahaha, so it's 102+ TES with a fall and a level 1 spin. He could have been close to 110 if clean

This event:

Custom Title
    Ah.

Yuzuru Hanyu actually can hit 110 points in TES as predicted if he does everything properly and assuming similiar GOE for his 4S as he got for the 4T.

Wow what a competition, I definitely thought that Patrick had it in the bag after seeing his score, but then Hanyu came out and skated brilliantly , even with the fall.
    congrats to all the medalists, they all really did well

as a sidenote: I can't help but wonder how Patrick reacted to Hanyu's scores, right after the fall

Custom Title
    Hanyu. Wow. Just wow. That score with a fall, and one spin only level 1.

Not perfect at all, but it seems he's finally comfortable enough with the technical elements in that free program... to do what (IMO) he really excels at: skating with passion and soul. He was utterly spent at the end, he gave it everything (still needs more stamina!). Great move to keep last year's short, and perfect it... leaving him time to really get into his free program (I don't think he ever really did justice to last year's free).

I can't imagine Patrick will skate as "badly" as this (LOL, as if that was "bad"!) in Sochi, so it's GAME ON for the Olympics!

Well done Machida, who redeemed himself after the short, and Oda making the podium!

Custom Title
    In my predictions I put Chan in 1, but I'm soooooooooo glad I was wrong But really, I thought Chan was like..unbeatable?)Congrats to all the winners!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast