Michelle Kwan is on Twitter! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan is on Twitter!

heyang

Record Breaker
Between her work in the diplomacy office and her upcoming work for Fox Sports for the Olympics, I'm not surprised the MK would need to establish a presence in social media.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Every time I go to Nationals I realize that the skater I miss the most is Michelle Kwan. I don't think I will ever not miss her. I think I've stopped comparing every lady skater to Michelle....but I will always miss her.

I just followed her and tweeted her! I know she's been retired since 2006, but part of me still misses her.

Icey

Record Breaker
Is she still working for the diplomacy department? My understanding is that after her husband resigned from his job they moved to Rhode Island, as he considers a run for governor of that state. What is her brother Ron doing these days?

^ I am pretty sure that Michelle still holds her job with the State Department. She is still featured in various activities reported on the State Department web site. Her husband already owned a home in Rhode Island, which she moved into when they got married.

I don't know what brother Ron is up to these days, but Michelle posted this picture of her and Ron Christmas shopping yesterday.

https://twitter.com/MichelleWKwan/status/413209168628445184/photo/1

At the Boston airport she happened to run into a little girls' synchro team returning from a competition, and stopped to take a picture with them. :)

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I know this is off topic, but I don't want to start a whole thread just to ask a question.
Is anyone else having problems getting to The Michelle Kwan Forum? I have tried and I get redirected to yahoo site or some x rated site??

I love that Michelle is on twitter, this is an exciting season and it will be fun to share it with Michelle.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is she still working for the diplomacy department? ...

^ I am pretty sure that Michelle still holds her job with the State Department. She is still featured in various activities reported on the State Department web site. ...

Adding to what MM said, Kwan's State Department role is listed first in the mini-bio on her official Twitter account, which was set up only days ago,

I know this is off topic, but I don't want to start a whole thread just to ask a question.
Is anyone else having problems getting to The Michelle Kwan Forum? I have tried and I get redirected to yahoo site or some x rated site?

The Michelle Kwan Forum was hacked quite a while ago, and they have had one problem after another getting it straightened out. I have found that if I actually type "mkforum.net" directly into the address bar, this avoids the redirects that I get if I access in from Google or some other third party. It is down altogether at the moment.

I love that Michelle is on twitter, this is an exciting season and it will be fun to share it with Michelle.

There seem to be four "Michelle Kwan" accounts on twitter. :) Our gal is MichelleW. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It will be odd if the MKFan Forum finally goes down never to return. I may not be a fan of MK, but that forum's been through a lot since message boards became the big deal that they are... it'd just be weird if it stays dormant.

Kinda like when SashaFans went under (or is it back?)