Michelle Kwan is on Twitter! | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan is on Twitter!

Barb

Record Breaker
Thank you, followed :biggrin:, I hope this won´t be a fiasco like when I started to follow to Shizuka only to find her sickish obsession with her dogs:slink:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Do we know that this is the real Michelle?

when I got the notification that she followed me (so if it is her she's in for a rude awakening lol) it did NOT say it was a verified account. so I'm skeptical that it is.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
when I got the notification that she followed me (so if it is her she's in for a rude awakening lol) it did NOT say it was a verified account. so I'm skeptical that it is.

It takes time to get a verified account, so it might be in the works.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OK, I'm really behind the times. I know there is a thing called "twitter" and I see tweets posted with hash tags, but if I sign up where do the tweets go??? I don't have a smartphone and I don't have texting on my "dumb" phone....so where would the tweets go???:confused:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OK, I'm really behind the times. I know there is a thing called "twitter" and I see tweets posted with hash tags, but if I sign up where do the tweets go??? I don't have a smartphone and I don't have texting on my "dumb" phone....so where would the tweets go???:confused:

When you sign up on Twitter, you can read and write tweets from the web by going to twitter.com.

Some people use third-party websites, such as Tweetdeck and Hootsuite, if they have multiple accounts (as I do) or want to segment different types of tweets (for example, on Hootsuite, I have one list that follows skaters and another that follows reporters covering figure skating).

And actually you don't even have to sign up really. You can simply check Michelle's Twitter page directly.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks Mrs. P! I just added her twitter page to my favorites and will check from time to time :)

I am withholding judgement. This could be the same MichelleWKwan that had a fake Facebook page.

By the way, if you want to make a contribution to Michelle's husband's campaign for governor of Rhode Island, here you go. :)

http://claypell.com

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It takes time to get a verified account, so it might be in the works.

Update: Twitter now has officially verified Kwan's account. :yes:

And today US Figure Skating has been tweeting encouragement for people to follow her.

^ Mr. Pell is the grandson of the late Senator Claiborne Pell (D, Rhode Island), who initiated the Pell Grants in the 1960s. The Pell family is a big deal in Rhode Island Democratic politics.

As for "I'm a figure-skater, not a politician" Michelle :) , she has served in the State Department under two Presidents, Bush and Obama, and three Secretaries of State, Condoleezza Rice (R), Hilary Rodham Clinton (D) and John Kerry (D). :) Note the picture of the two Michelles (Kwan and Obama) playing ball on the White House lawn, at the top of Michelle's twitter page.

Last edited:

coppertop1

On the Ice
I just followed her and tweeted her! I know she's been retired since 2006, but part of me still misses her.