Pairs FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
WOW!! That was magical! It was tight in the beginning but then it was just absolutely serene! I really appreciate Aliona's effort to finish the moves.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)

Music: The Nutcracker by Petr I. Tchaikovski

3FTh - good height as usual
3T+3T+SEQ - solid
BoDs
CCoSp - unison solid, though she ends later than him
ChSq
3Tw
2A - landed! SE entry
RLi
Li
PCoSp
ALi
3STh - solid

Another strong skate, she fist pump! The seem pleased, though hesitant. TES ~4 pts higher than P/T, so they should keep the lead.

Score: 74.36+73.21 = 147.57 (PB), 227.03 (PB), 1st for now

GF2445

Record Breaker
Bellissimo! This Final Group thus far + Cheng/Zhang have been fantastic!

Heart Stopping.

Slightly disappointed by the Canadians today.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
WOW!! That was magical! It was tight in the beginning but then it was just absolutely serene! I really appreciate Aliona's effort to finish the moves.

By far the best they've been in a good long while, and magical, yes! He barely squeaked out a couple of the side by side jumps, but otherwise it was secure, romantic, sweeping, and grand!

Becki

Medalist
I think I might be the only person to have predicted Peng/Zhang in 4th (lol). Stupid livestream keeps lagging, so I keep missing parts of the performances :'(

samson

Medalist
147. What a great score for them. Still a distance from the Russians PB but I feel like they are FINALLY moving in the right direction. And making some good ground at it too.

Nicely done, very happy to see they've moved on from the axel.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, I can't believe it. S/S might just win this. Very unfortunate mistakes. The performance seem to deflate. Aww...poor Tatiana. She clearly feels bad about the mistakes. Nice to see the Japanese fans so supportive.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Music: Jesus Christ Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Webber

3Tw - very high!
3S - she falls
3T+2T - she has hand down on 3T, no combo
FiDs
FCCoSp - unison solid
3LoTh - good height
ChSq
3STh - also nice
RLi
PCoSp
BLi
Li - better on the one-foot than usual

Unusual mistakes from her on sbs jumps. TES is ~5 lower than S/S, so they might fall to 2nd

Score: 67.96+74.22-1.00 = 141.18, 223.83, 2nd overall

zschultz1986

Final Flight
The ending of that was just... flat for me. They don't take off with the music, AT ALL. (Also, those pants are SOOOO distracting... that bulge, JEBUS!)

samson

Medalist
Well this is going to be close now! I think S/S should definitely take the free, but the PCS and lead in the short might be enough...

I hate to say this, but I'm not entirely sure I care enough. I like both teams equally and will be happy to see either won win. Although I guess it could make for something of a good story if the Germans take it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wow, Savchenko/Szolkowy won! I did NOT expect this.

The Olympics just became much more unpredictable...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
30 points! Thanks Duhamel/Radford.

Congrats to Aliona and Robin on the win. Very unexpected win in the first face-to-face matchup.

evangeline

Record Breaker
So weird to see Tatiana make so many mistakes, she usually can hang onto those landings like a cat.

141.18 for V/T's FS into 2nd place overall.

OK, I've officially bumped up S/S's chances of winning in Sochi from 0.01% to 1%.