Pairs FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh gosh, who would have predicted that? Congrats S/S. Just prooves that nothing is for certain.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Good Judging!!!! and a worthy top 3.

I think those little mistakes on her jumps will just motivate them for the Olympics. They couldn't be clean at every competition. Better to get it out of the way now.

However, I am with Samson- I like all 3 top teams about equally and want them all 3 on the podium in Sochi. Order doesn't matter that much to me.

samson

Medalist
WOW! Never would have guessed that! This is a moment when I really wish the cameras showed backstage stuff. It would have been great to see the German's reaction!

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Wow, Savchenko/Szolkowy won! I did NOT expect this.

The Olympics just became much more unpredictable...

I get what you're saying, but lets get real: It's in Russia, and if V/T skate clean the gold is theirs. Even WITH one mistake, I don't think V/T are going to be touched... but the ice IS slippery.

Let's be real, that program is all about Maxim's lower half, and his occasional midriff.

I mean, the BALLS (pun intended) he has to wear pants like that :love:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
You know what? I'm glad S/S won it! Their program without that axel was EXCELLENT! And I'm glad that there is still an intrigue :) V/T shouldn't be too calm and sure that they'll win no matter what!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This S/S 4th Grand Prix Final win. :) They are only behind Shen and Zhao in the number of GPF titles.

samson

Medalist
I would agree with WWG and zschultz. I think the Russian's are probably just getting their kinks out now and this will be a good motivator, and chance to recalibrate. Plus once they get to Sochi, only the zamboni will be able to stop the Russians.

I mean, the BALLS (pun intended) he has to wear pants like that :love:

You're too much with this. But then again so was Maxim.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Wow, I can't believe it. S/S might just win this. Very unfortunate mistakes. The performance seem to deflate. Aww...poor Tatiana. She clearly feels bad about the mistakes. Nice to see the Japanese fans so supportive.

Mrs. P, I agree with you re the unfortunate nature of the mistakes and how they lost fire and spunk/spark after them. Two in a row! and I felt so bad for her.

Tatiana really does seem like a sweetheart. I agree you also re how lovely the Japanese fans were- just wonderfully supportive, clapping to encourage them throughout and rewarding them at the end. They are beloved in Japan because they are very gracious with the fans.

and how about how lovely Maxim was with her?! The instant the program was over he enfolded her in his arms and embraced her in such a comforting, loving, reassuring way. I really like the two of them. and I agree with those who say he is HOT!!! She's not too bad herself. What a body!

oleada

Record Breaker
Are Aliona and Robin a real-life couple? I love them together and hope they are!

No, she did date Ingo for a while though.

I'm so happy for S/S. They were beautiful and I hope this gives this them a much needed boost of confidence. I'll miss them so much when they retire.

The gold is still V/T's to lose...which they did today. But I hope they can come back and skate clean at the Olympics. So rare for her to be off. He was very sweet with her, too.

samson

Medalist
^or maybe he was just right...

Ok I'll walk away now.

I also hope everyone watched that Panda Bear recreate Irina's 2005 free as diligently as I did. Simply spellbinding.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
You're too much with this. But then again so was Maxim.

zschultz and samson, you just made me spit Diet Sprite on my keyboard in helpless laughter. HILARIOUS!

and now to bed go I- it is 3:30 am where I am and I have 3 kids to deal with tomorrow- or should I say later today?!

Thanks to all- you guys make it so much more fun and rewarding to watch skating. Love this Board!

Excidra2001

On the Ice
I'd just like to say that if D/R hope to even be competitive for an Olympic medal, they need to ditch that long program.

evangeline

Record Breaker
As much as I'm glad to see that S/S won, I'm a bit disappointed to see that V/T still edged out S/S on PCS despite their relatively flat performance (and not to mention that mediocre "choreography").

I'll attribute it to the judges' excitement over Maxim's pants.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It is refreshing to see Max so gracious to Tatiana. He probably remembers when his former partner was a complete jerk to him after a bad program. Glad to see he is not the same way.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'd just like to say that if D/R hope to even be competitive for an Olympic medal, they need to ditch that long program.

I agree. Also when I hear the music, I think of Shawn Sawyer's wonderful FS, so yeah they're going to fall well short for me.

samson

Medalist
I missed that. Where can I watch it?

Hopefully someone captured it and can put it on youtube. If Icenetwork chooses to share it, I will find a way to share it too. If they don't share it... I'll start a change.org petition or something. ;)