Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

GF2445

Record Breaker
They judges left room in the components for the Americans.
If they skate clean, it's Meryl and Charlie's title

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
today Tessa and Scott totally owed me with that FD...amazing, sharp, emational and so much "their"...but americans will win anyway and regardless what amazing skate Tessa and Scott produced and it's sad somehow

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Man...D/W are going to win this. Meh. V/M really deserved it. Especially after the lead they should have had in the Short Dance.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Davis/White (USA)

Strong skate, maybe the the combination lift wasn't as smooth as they are able, and I think thay had more attack at NHK Trophy. TES is the highest so far, 55.29, the highest this season.

Score: 55.29+58.40=113.69 (WR), 191.35 (WR), and GOLD

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It'll be close, but I think Marlie have done it.

It seemed a bit slower but much more subtle. Could be the feed. But my goodness how far they've come in four years...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
113+ New world record. And D/W have their 5th GPF title!

flaneur

On the Ice
Love this fd for D/W but I think it wasn't as good today as in SA and NHK. They felt a little off... like if they were a few milliseconds off of each other

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It'll be close, but I think Marlie have done it.

It seemed a bit slower but much more subtle. Could be the feed. But my goodness how far they've come in four years...

Yes, that's what I was thinking too! Meryl and Charlie are really making an effort to finish their moves more.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Definitely good. But not great. I also wonder about that woo. Makes me wonder when else he makes that sound.

After his favorite hockey team scores? When he sees a particularly handsome moose? Whatever could you be insinuating!? :laugh:

Emotionally, V/M have it.... but technically, D/W are supreme.

samson

Medalist
Can I just say that Meryl and Charlie take my breath away. That program was just... I can't. It builds in this extraordinary way. They looked a little cautious to me at the beginning, but once the twizzles were out of they way... just... I can't.

For me they win the free dance.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
I enjoyed D/W, but I connected with V/M's performance here. I personally feel that the Canadian's are the better team, but the American technically proficient.

samson

Medalist
Definitely agree that the new ending pose is better. I actually think emotionally both teams were a little off.

Tessa and Scott still need to tone it down if they're going to hit the right note with this skate. I don't need them to show me how romantic they can be. We know that... let yourself exist in this moment. Marina tailored it to your chemistry so why not allow that to happen? When they start making big faces to express their love, that's when it loses me.

Meryl and Charlie looked a little tight in the beginning. That liquid action which I think is such a hallmark of this piece for them wasn't quite there. ginger Rogers once said "When two people love each other, they don't look at each other, they look in the same direction." I don't think any team exemplifies this like Meryl and Charlie. Really. They just need to trust that quality and let it happen. When their timing and rhythm is together man does that quality shine through. Let it happen.

Both teams were brilliant tonight, but I think we all know they have even more to offer, and I can't wait to see it.