Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

samson

Medalist
And it begins!!! I love how after the horn introduction to announce the event, they immediately started bumping "Shake Your Groove Thing".

auser

Record Breaker
Ditto!!!

And Kaitlyn and Andrew, and Meryl and Charlie !!

...And everyone else too :laugh:

So many of my favorite teams in one event! Its like Santa was reading my secret list a bit early(hope that does not sound too corny:eek::)

samson

Medalist
UGH! When you're right you're right. Luca would look good in tight yellow pants.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte

Nice, charming solid skate, but I though it lacked a bit oomph and difficulty. TES box is 44.79 which is a bit low (they got 47.00 at SA)

samson

Medalist
On a different note, nice skate from Anna and Luca. I'm not in love with this program. I feel like they could up the charm factor. I love the moment at the very end when Anna elbows Luca, and while I'm not sure how they could further incorporate that idea, they could use that concept to enhance the choreography and the intricacy.

Still 95+ is very good.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte

Score: 44.72+50.29 = 95.01, 156.58, 1st for now

They seem restrained (disappointed) with the score. It'l be hard for them to move up.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Pechalat/Bourzat

Solid charming skate. Maybe slight wobble on exit on curve lift. They could up the speed and power in their skate, though. TES box is 49.86 (they got 49.03 at CoC) so they're solid

Score: 49.6+52.62=102.48 (SB) ,169.11 (SB), 1st out of 2.

She nods at the score

samson

Medalist
Good comeback for the French after yesterday and Paris. For em this was the best they've skated this piece all season. Controlled and open. They really went after each element to me.

The program still isn't my favorite, but still nice improvement for them. I wonder if they'll break 100 tonight.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
and now big cheer and fingers crossed for Kaitlyn and Andrew - put that ice on fire !!!

auser

Record Breaker
On a different note, nice skate from Anna and Luca. I'm not in love with this program. I feel like they could up the charm factor. I love the moment at the very end when Anna elbows Luca, and while I'm not sure how they could further incorporate that idea, they could use that concept to enhance the choreography and the intricacy.

Still 95+ is very good.

Charming touch