Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Could the fact W/P are Canada #2 work against them? They are competing against #1 Russia, #1 France and #1 Italy.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Wow...I overslept and woke up to see S/S over V/T in Pairs, and P/B over W/P in Dance. Is it a full moon or something?

Actually I'm a fan of both W/P and P/B's programs.

Oh look, time to pitch a tent. We're going camping....

Hi B/S!

Some of the male ice dancers and male pairs skaters have already started pitching their tents....

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Bobrova/Soloviev

Unfortunate freak fall from him into the boards (just before spin). They have good speed, but the dance is still frantic and the concept for me is :think:. TES box is 46.98 (they got 47.29 at Rostelecom)

Score: 47.08+51.74-1.00 = 97.82, 166.72, 2nd out of 4

zschultz1986

Final Flight
So, let's see how much money-infused russian vodka the judges have had today, after that fall. Also, Dmitri is wearing my LEAST favorite pants of the night.

samson

Medalist
He's just not showing what he's got is he?

On another note, I found them both to be kind of endearing at the end after the program. They definitely were moving FAST until the fall, still that program...

flaneur

On the Ice
I think the fall was on a non-element. Still think the program is a bit of a dud but they until the fall it was better than previous showings.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir

He "woo"s after their skate, they hug and looks ecstatic. The FD was much more coherent and sharper than before, nice too see. TES box is 54.64 (they got 51.42 at SC)

Score: 54.56+57.85, 112.41 (PB), 190.00 (WR), in 1st out of 5

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
LOVED Virtue/Moir today. The program is improved. Really hope they win this competition. Davis/White don't have their subtlety.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's beautifully skated, but I'm still not a fan of the choreography. No doubt that's the best job they've done all season.

samson

Medalist
Really really nice from Tessa and Scott. The first minute for me is just extraordinary. They seem to be settling into this program much better now. The expression is subtler and so much more mature. I'm more interested in this story, than the story they were telling earlier in the grand prix.

Wow 112+ great great score for them!