Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

bixby

Final Flight
After his favorite hockey team scores? When he sees a particularly handsome moose? Whatever could you be insinuating!? :laugh:

Emotionally, V/M have it.... but technically, D/W are supreme.

I agree 100%. They exude a different level of energy... It's really through the roof. I don't think V/M gets
there IMHO.

samson

Medalist
The Panda's last routine was a tribute to Rudy Galindo. First Irina, and now Rudy. Interesting choices. I wonder if the Panda will skate after the ladies tonight.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/gpf1314_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf

Both top two teams have the same exact BV. (Meryl and Charlie got level 3 on circular step; Tessa and Scott in the diagonal step). Meryl and Charlie win in +GOE.

Nathalie and Fabian get all level 4s except on step sequences. And they got a 10 in choreography!

Ekaterina/Dmitri got level 2 step sequence level 3 step sequence.

Kaitlyn/Andrew got level 2 on both step sequences. And level 3 in twizzles.

Anna and Luca got level 2 in both step sequence and level 3 in the curved lift.

bixby

Final Flight
Definitely agree that the new ending pose is better. I actually think emotionally both teams were a little off.

Tessa and Scott still need to tone it down if they're going to hit the right note with this skate. I don't need them to show me how romantic they can be. We know that... let yourself exist in this moment. Marina tailored it to your chemistry so why not allow that to happen? When they start making big faces to express their love, that's when it loses me.

Meryl and Charlie looked a little tight in the beginning. That liquid action which I think is such a hallmark of this piece for them wasn't quite there. ginger Rogers once said "When two people love each other, they don't look at each other, they look in the same direction." I don't think any team exemplifies this like Meryl and Charlie. Really. They just need to trust that quality and let it happen. When their timing and rhythm is together man does that quality shine through. Let it happen.

Both teams were brilliant tonight, but I think we all know they have even more to offer, and I can't wait to see it.

You articulated it very well!

samson

Medalist
Thanks Bixby!

Both teams are so extraordinary. Watching a competition like this just reminds me how unbelievably lucky we are to be watching a rivalry unfold like this before us. This competition could not have been closer, and what a joy it was to watch.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Judge Seven- Yuri Balkov of Ukraine---Just out of interest, is that the same Yuri Balkov that was caught in the block judging scandal in 1998?

samson

Medalist
Alright, time to go to bed.. and dream of tight pants! Samson, everyone, good night!

Also have to note, that you conveniently went to bed right when the probability of seeing more yellow pants greatly diminished... hmmmmmmm ;)

supsu

On the Ice
Oh my god!! I'm so tired that I've been laughing to that remark about 5 min now!!

But seriously great that P/B were 3rd! I love the music and their program for some reason this season.

elif

Medalist
I love how Davis/White is entering their elements. Other teams are using crossovers or running steps before the step sequence but Davis/White.:love: I like their cherograpic small jumps. Normally I don't like this because in the past they are using hops only for speed. But in this dance all of them in the choreography.

GF2445

Record Breaker
If it's any consolation to Tessa and Scott, they have almost clamped the score gap shut! They are gaining momentum for sure.

Nationals season is going to be exciting.
Bring on Boston 2014 and Ottawa 2014. (American Nationals and Canadian Nationals)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Why does B/S keeps beating W/P? I dont get it... im glad they didnt medal though, with all the conspiracy theroies going on...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If it's any consolation to Tessa and Scott, they have almost clamped the score gap shut! They are gaining momentum for sure.

Nationals season is going to be exciting.
Bring on Boston 2014 and Ottawa 2014. (American Nationals and Canadian Nationals)

Cannot wait to see D/W live! Less than 5 weeks away!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Why does B/S keeps beating W/P? I dont get it... im glad they didnt medal though, with all the conspiracy theroies going on...

The fall killed their chances. Without that fall, who knows? But it does go to show just how utterly disgraceful the scoring was at COR.

flaneur

On the Ice
V/M had the better performance tonight, but D/W fd is still technically stronger. And even though D/W won tonight, I sense momentum is slowly changing in favour of V/M with them closing the gap on the scores (especially since I think V/M should have been a little ahead in the sd)... but it may be too little too late.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If it's any consolation to Tessa and Scott, they have almost clamped the score gap shut! They are gaining momentum for sure. ...

Hi, GF2445. :)
I would add that after winning the 2010 Olympic gold, Virtue/Moir said (I'm paraphrasing) that it was just as well that they had not been the favorites going into Vancouver (according to conventional wisdom, after Davis/White's GPF win), b/c V/M did not need the extra pressure.
(Heaven knows that V/M already had so much pressure b/c of the home Games.)