Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    just woke up , but looks like a splatfest except for Julia, I would have had Julia winning
    but PCS disparity between her and Mao atm is too high
    Julia's TES was barely 2 points higher. Those 3Lz edge calls prevent her from getting enough +GOE to overcome Mao's monster layout that she actually chucked out there with a moderate degree of success, LOL.

Speaking of Mao, I think she really needs to focus on getting that 3F-2Lo-2Lo rotated. It's been giving her trouble for a long time and she needs every bit of BV she can get.

Julia's consistency is really amazing. But every time I watch her skate, I always think that she's doomed once she grows up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    You can fall off your chair now. Her first 3A got credited.

The recent rule changes on 3A have proved a godsend for her time and again over the last two seasons.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    just woke up , but looks like a splatfest except for Julia, I would have had Julia winning
    but PCS disparity between her and Mao atm is too high
    Julia was apparently clean, she has her own issues, but she should have been closer to Mao in the LP. However I felt Mao was underscored in the SP and aside the two 3A, she skated pretty well. SP+LP, Mao is IMO the rightfull winner.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    The recent rule changes on 3A proved time and again a godsend for her over the last two seasons.
    Funny you should say that when Mao was incapable of utilizing said godsend until 2013 4CC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Julia's TES was barely 2 points higher. Those 3Lz edge calls prevent her from getting enough +GOE to overcome Mao's monster layout that she actually chucked out there with a moderate degree of success, LOL.

Speaking of Mao, I think she really needs to focus on getting that 3F-2Lo-2Lo rotated. It's been giving her trouble for a long time and she needs every bit of BV she can get.
    Olympics will be a different story

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Ashley got lucky here... adelina pretty much gave her the medal
    I know, shock. I think the international judges like Ashley a LOT. I think now she knows what she has to do, and is in real contention for the Bronze in Sochi, if she does it. I worried about Mao starting in the warm-up. I hope she can internalize the pressure she puts on herself and use it to fight. I'd love to see Mao win Sochi Gold. Julia didn't look her best to me today, but it was enough to be the best on the day, imo. A Sochi threat for Gold- I'm pretty sure.

Custom Title
    I still don't get how Mao's TES score was so near Julia's..I think Julia is a clear winner in the long! Reputation or not she was the best! So either she was underscored or Mao was overscored For once I'm happy that the Olympics are in Russia so if all the field skates this bad and Julia not...The winner won't be decided by huuuuuuuge PCS boost or smth

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Julia's consistency is really amazing. But every time I watch her skate, I always think that she's doomed once she grows up.
    I believe she has pretty good chances with winning over the puberty monster. I don't think she'll grow much more + she already has very long legs.
    And I've never cared much for hr, but with this LP I'm a fan now, for me it's the best LP from the ladies this year.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Julia obviously won the LP but Mao did deserve to win overall with the SP.

I would have put Radionova above Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by ranjake View Post
    I think the international judges like Ashley a LOT. I think now she knows what she has to do, and is in real contention for the Bronze in Sochi, if she does it.
    Bronze in the team event, sure. She won't win an individual medal with her LP as it is now, unless Kostner + both Russian girls skate poorly. Plus Suzuki, Gold, Osmond, and Murakami (if they actually score her properly) are threats.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I still don't get how Mao's TES score was so near Julia's..I think Julia is a clear winner in the long! Reputation or not she was the best! So either she was underscored or Mao was overscored: For once I'm happy that the Olympics are in Russia so if all the field skates this bad and Julia not...The winner won't be decided by huuuuuuuge PCS boost or smth
    Because the scoring in Rostelecom Cup made so much sense with Julia bombing and getting 118+ points...
    PCS, 8 points between Julia and Mao are right. Julia has many, many aspects to improve and she'll get there because she is young. Mao worked so hard to become the skater she is today, to project, interpret, skating skills. She is just much better than Julia is today, as a skater. Plus, Julia did not skate like she did in Canada

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada
    You can fall off your chair now. Her first 3A got credited.
    Yes, just pulled myself up from the floor again. Ouch!

Adelina had a tough skate, and as a fan I'm sorry for her, but... girl how did you manage to get exactly the 2 toughest jumping passes out there (rotated 3Lz-3Lo included!!) and just fail every other relatively simple jumping pass? Man, that's kind of an achievement again ^^"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Julia obviously won the LP but Mao did deserve to win overall with the SP.

I would have put Radionova above Wagner.

Bronze in the team event, sure. She won't win an individual medal with her LP as it is now, unless Kostner + both Russian girls skate poorly.
    Maybe. I know you know more about skating than me (I'm NOT being sarcastic I just think if she gets some help, she should feel good from her scores here that she has a shot if she's perfect. I love Ashley's SP- I think her LP needs work, but she must have a good idea of what she needs to do now. I'm feeling so badly that Russia has only 2 spots for the ladies :(

On the Ice
    Its a shame that Adelina got the same PCS score with that disaster performance like Julia. Julia is so underscored. Is this really a punishment for her (Julias) performance two weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    I believe she has pretty good chances with winning over the puberty monster. I don't think she'll grow much more + she already has very long legs.
    Yeah, looking at the podium shot, she's about Ashley Wagner's height now, so she should start growing into a woman's body within the next year or so. Lucky Julia, that she gets to compete at Sochi in that golden interim.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast