Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by micnow View Post
    Its a shame that Adelina got the same PCS score with that disaster performance like Julia. Julia is so underscored. Is this really a punishment for her (Julias) performance two weeks ago?
    I really like Mao, so don't shoot me, but I do think the relatevely low PCS for Julia was a cushion for Mao. Adelina was given the usual.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I still think Ashley needs a better ending for her SP.

Quote Originally Posted by ranjake View Post
    I think her LP needs work, but she must have a good idea of what she needs to do now.
    This is the part that worries me. I don't think she or her coaches fully realize what she should be doing to push herself to the top of the pack.

It's frustrating for me because I've liked her a lot ever since 2007 and she has potential that isn't be utilized. I just want the best for her.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Olympics will be a different story
    I'm almost afraid to guess what Julia and Mao's PCS will look like in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by micnow View Post
    Its a shame that Adelina got the same PCS score with that disaster performance like Julia. Julia is so underscored. Is this really a punishment for her (Julias) performance two weeks ago?

It's hard for me to judge because I think Julia was overscored last week. Today was so much better technically and so much more understated emoting, too. Adelina was NOT good today. Hopefully will be her wake-up call for Russian Nationals. Which reminds me- how can I in the US watch Russian Nationals?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    I really like Mao, so don't shoot me, but I do think the relatevely low PCS for Julia was a cushion for Mao. Adelina was given the usual.
    Adelina bombing will get no less than 60
    has she been clean her PCS would be in 64-65 range

Custom Title
    I don't think Mao's LP is doing for her to be honest. I don't think the music is inspiring at all for what she can do. Too much Bells for me. And the first minute or so of her program today was empty because she attempted two 3As.

I really do wish she had chosen something more innovative or fiery for Olympic season. Something to fire her up for the LP. Throughout her carrier it's been a bit too same-same in terms of her musical choices. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death and she has wonderful qualities but she could show that she's a bit more versatile than that.

Custom Title
    Really sad that Sotnikova got to the GPF solely because her competitions happened to be easier. Suzuki would have done much better.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    No, that actually makes sense. As I said to "Blades", I rely on lots of you to guide me through, especially technically, but, even though I love Mao, too, and would love to see her get that OGM, she looked tight in the warm-up, I was a nervous wreck; and then many of the jumps didn't look great, though she fought on well. Julia looked technically superior to Mao today to my eye.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Funny you should say that when Mao was incapable of utilizing said godsend until 2013 4CC.
    So she has benefited over the last two seasons. What's more helping is that one of the two is an Olympic season.

Banned
    Mao Asada FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgfp8PUSKA video has so many dislikes
    Julia Lipnitskaya FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPG9...layer_embedded

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Really sad that Sotnikova got to the GPF solely because her competitions happened to be easier. Suzuki would have done much better.
    what did you expect ?
    Sotnikova is a Headcase !!

On a positive note, this is the first performance of the season where Mao succeeded all her jump passes in the second half of the program.
    Okay, okay, the 2-loops were under-rotated.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    I don't think Mao's LP is doing for her to be honest. I don't think the music is inspiring at all for what she can do. Too much Bells for me. And the first minute or so of her program today was empty because she attempted two 3As.

I really do wish she had chosen something more innovative or fiery for Olympic season. Something to fire her up for the LP. Throughout her carrier it's been a bit too same-same in terms of her musical choices. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death and she has wonderful qualities but she could show that she's a bit more versatile than that.
    I have to agree. Honestly, I was furious when I heard of her music choices this season. She won me over completely with the way she performed her SP here, but I'm still waiting for a performance of Rach 2 that convinces me; right now it feels like Swan of Moscow, or Bells Lake, where instead of taking the greatest strengths of both, she took the deficiencies of both (two long 3A setups, no big spiral sequence, doesn't turn on the performance until the risky tricks are out of the way) and plugged them into one program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I still think Ashley needs a better ending for her SP.

This is the part that worries me. I don't think she or her coaches fully realize what she should be doing to push herself to the top of the pack.

It's frustrating for me because I've liked her a lot ever since 2007 and she has potential that isn't be utilized. I just want the best for her.
    I like her, too and I like her 'fight'. I'm sure she's less naturally gifted than Gracie, but I don't TRUST Gracie at all. There's lots of empty room in Ashley's LP- and she HAS to train the end better if she has any sort of chance. We need to get a message to her Coaches I was surprised that the International judges gave Ashley that PCS score with that program, which, even IF perfect (I don't think she's ever quite been perfect with it, has she?) has lots of room for points. They need to up the ante. The US ladies have been so uncharacteristically crappy for the last decade that getting Bronze in Ladies' at the GPF in an Olympic year seems like a minor miracle. But without Yuna or Carolina :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    I have to agree. Honestly, I was furious when I heard of her music choices this season. She won me over completely with the way she performed her SP here, but I'm still waiting for a performance of Rach 2 that convinces me; right now it feels like Swan of Moscow, or Bells Lake, where instead of taking the greatest strengths of both, she took the deficiencies of both (two long 3A setups, no big spiral sequence, doesn't turn on the performance until the risky tricks are out of the way) and plugged them into one program.
    Agreed. She did a wonderful exhibition a quad back, I think it was to Caprice (?). Choosing something like that would have been amazing. Her LP music kind of just... swallows the mood for some reason.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast