Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 251

Thread: Ladies FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

  1. #196
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    531
    I only watched the top 3, but I thing the podium was correct. Mao's score seemed a tad high, but she was the clear winner, imo. And somebody, super-extra please change the back end of Ashley's program! The new dress and hairdo are nice, but that empty, skating around in circles thing kind of makes me bored. I'm excited to have someone from the US to root for to maybe medal at the Olympics, she just really needs to put something, anything in there.

  2. #197
    축복, 축도 RABID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Yeah, looking at the podium shot, she's about Ashley Wagner's height now, so she should start growing into a woman's body within the next year or so. Lucky Julia, that she gets to compete at Sochi in that golden interim.
    I think I remember Jenny Kirk mentioning that her breasts would cause her problems (she is endowed). I am a guy so I would be guessing here but it would seem when a female develops her center of gravity starts shifting downwards but since breasts are high that wouldn't be a problem unless they were larger than average. Could breast size also cut short a career?

  3. #198
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,657
    I love Mao, but her program winning the FS segment today is a perfect example of what's wrong in this IJS, Julia landed 7 clean triples, Mao landed only a couple of really clean triples and (even if she's artistically better) she should have been behind and then win overall.
    I'm heartbroken for Adelina, though: landing the first clean 3Lz+3Lo in ages and then throwing it all away

  4. #199
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    135
    I hope the audience didn't feel as if they had been invited to a junior competition, at least in the first half of the ladies' event today. I was watching Raisport live, with Franca Bianconi commenting. She was clearly unimpressed with girls ('bambine'). I missed Caro and Akiko.
    It was lovely to see Valentina Marchei watching the event also. She said that it is so nice to skate to Japanese audience: packed stadium and the passion and support of the audience, who follows you at each stage of the skate, is something that will sustain you for the rest of your skating career and indeed the rest of your life. It was lovely to hear that.

  5. #200
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I love Mao, but her program winning the FS segment today is a perfect example of what's wrong in this IJS, Julia landed 7 clean triples, Mao landed only a couple of really clean triples and (even if she's artistically better) she should have been behind and then win overall.
    I'm heartbroken for Adelina, though: landing the first clean 3Lz+3Lo in ages and then throwing it all away
    Sorry but Mao landed five clean triples and the second mark Julia cannot compete, so her winning the LP is fine. And if we are counting triples, Julia did not land 7 Perfect triples

  6. #201
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,558
    Mao well-deserved her win, in my opinion. Julia is over-scored in PCS, Sotnikova should have gotten a bit more points.
    Ashley Wagner should go back to the Black Swan programme with some changes to maximize her points. This new programme of hers just is not spectacular at all, unfortunately.

  7. #202
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    Oh, no Mao has returned to the choker style dress. Ugly. There seems to be so little connection between the skating of her program(lp) and the music. The music gets lost. Please don't be so loyal to your beloved 3 ax's , Mao

    Ashley, 2 ur's and an edge call. She is badly miscast as Juliet. Of course, she doesn't have to skate the character, but when one knows the music, that is the expectation. She best swallow her pride or whatever and call Mills in (assuming he would answer the call).

    In an Olympic year , you would think more attention would be given to every detail. Only Julia's team seems to have played it smart with age appropriate and effective music and costuming and well choreographed programs. OT Having 15 year olds skating to Big Spender and the Kiss of Shame or whatever that tango music is looks ridiculous. Little girls dressed up in Mom's clothes and make-up or being advised by the mom's who enter their little girls in those Kiddie beauty contest. UGH. Skating at it's tackiest.

  8. #203
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Oh, no Mao has returned to the choker style dress. Ugly. There seems to be so little connection between the skating of her program(lp) and the music. The music gets lost. Please don't be so loyal to your beloved 3 ax's , Mao

    Ashley, 2 ur's and an edge call. She is badly miscast as Juliet. Of course, she doesn't have to skate the character, but when one knows the music, that is the expectation. She best swallow her pride or whatever and call Mills in (assuming he would answer the call).

    In an Olympic year , you would think more attention would be given to every detail. Only Julia's team seems to have played it smart with age appropriate and effective music and costuming and well choreographed programs. OT Having 15 year olds skating to Big Spender and the Kiss of Shame or whatever that tango music is looks ridiculous. Little girls dressed up in Mom's clothes and make-up or being advised by the mom's who enter their little girls in those Kiddie beauty contest. UGH. Skating at it's tackiest.


    This made me laugh so much. I don't he will answer the call, she wanted to experiment with new choreographers, well there you have it. But I love her SP

  9. #204
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    531
    I agree with Icey that Juliet was a bad call but Ashley's team. She would have made a perfect Firebird, imo. And it would have covered the bases on choosing a Russian composer for this year.

  10. #205
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Sorry but Mao landed five clean triples and the second mark Julia cannot compete, so her winning the LP is fine. And if we are counting triples, Julia did not land 7 Perfect triples
    You're right, sorry. I meant that Mao's correctly rotated and landed triples were only a couple (the salchow and the loop, maybe the solo flip), Julia landed correctly 5/6 triples at least (it depends on how you consider the flutzes) and had better spins, so for me Julia deserved to win the FS and be second overall, but this with a better judging system, with this IJS Mao's win in the FS was correct, I never questioned this and I agree with the result

  11. #206
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS - (By Starting Order) - Updated

    1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS)

    2. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) Free Skate

    3. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) Free Skate, 2nd copy

    4. Ashley WAGNER (USA) Free Skate, 2nd Copy

    5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) Free Skate

    6. Mao ASADA (JPN) Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy

    Complete Free Skate, Medal Ceremony

    RESULT

    Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

  12. #207
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Sorry but Mao landed five clean triples and the second mark Julia cannot compete, so her winning the LP is fine. And if we are counting triples, Julia did not land 7 Perfect triples

    Sorry but Mao did not land five clean triple. Even if the caller thought those 5 triple jumps were not underrotated enough to get the < call, most of them were certainly ur'ed enough to get a reduction in the GOE but as usual the judges generously didn't care and showered her with sky high PCS on top of that.

  13. #208
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,032
    Congrats to Mao, Julia and Ashley! Lovely looking podium!

  14. #209
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku View Post
    You know, when I first saw it, I thought the box thingy was kind of irritating, but now I think I'm actually gonna miss it during the olympics
    Did I miss an announcement somewhere that the TES box will not be displayed during the Olympics?

    I would have assumed that the ISU would add the TES box to the Olympic feeds, the same as it did for the GP events.

  15. #210
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    If Adelina or Julia get 60 -61 then Mao deserves 68 points pcs, even more.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •