Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    If Adelina or Julia get 60 -61 then Mao deserves 68 points pcs, even more.

Not with a big splat on an axel and another big, obvious mistake at another attempt at the same jump.

Thumbs down

The fact that Julia skated 2 great programs

and Mao SP 3 axel < and horrible LP WON HER OVER JULIA by over 10 points is RIDICULOUS.

This is how it's going to look at the Olympics.

Figure skating needs to get their **** together and START FROM SCRATCH. This just makes new skaters not want to skate and become the best because even so, it's not enough, not even close. I'm so mad. The 6.0 system is much better.

-------------

Miria with the skates of her life 190.15
    Mao with her totally off days over 200+

It's very discouraging!
    This is exactly why this sport is no longer exciting.

Why are we still looking forward to the Olympics if we already know perfect from ANYONE will not beat bad Mao except Yuna?
    How exciting.
    Last edited by Mathman; 12-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David21 View Post
    Sorry but Mao did not land five clean triple. Even if the caller thought those 5 triple jumps were not underrotated enough to get the < call, most of them were certainly ur'ed enough to get a reduction in the GOE but as usual the judges generously didn't care and showered her with sky high PCS on top of that.
    Sorry but I will take the caller's take on the triples. Check the protocol instead of spreading Mao Negativity like you have done every competition she has done.

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS - (By Starting Order) - Updated

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) Free Skate

2. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) Free Skate

3. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) Free Skate, 2nd copy, 3rd Copy

4. Ashley WAGNER (USA) Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy

5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) Free Skate, 2nd Copy

6. Mao ASADA (JPN) Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy

Complete Free Skate, Medal Ceremony

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    The fact that Julia skated 2 great programs

and Mao SP 3 axel < and horrible LP WON HER OVER JULIA by over 10 points is RIDICULOUS.

This is how it's going to look at the Olympics.

Figure skating needs to get their sh!t together and START FROM SCRATCH. This just makes new skaters not want to skate and become the best because even so, it's not enough, not even close. I'm so mad. The 6.0 system is much better.

-------------

Miria with the skates of her life 190.15
    Mao with her totally off days over 200+

It's very discouraging!
    This is exactly why this sport is no longer exciting.

Why are we still looking forward to the Olympics if we already know perfect from ANYONE will not beat bad Mao except Yuna?
    How existing.
    Yeah go with that because the short program does not count. By the way Julia did not have a clean program either. I suppose you think Julia has better skating skills, interpretation and transitions than Mao? Mao won because despite her mistakes she had a difficult program with 5 jumps landed and she is more mature than Julia as a skater.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David21 View Post
    Not with a big splat on an axel and another big, obvious mistake at another attempt at the same jump.
    She did not give up the pcs bullets because of the fall. If she had a total breakdown we could discuss then. Adelina on the other hand abandoned selling her program and her mistakes disrupted her presentation a lot. Also probably Mao would have got over 70s in pcs if not of these mistakes. And the rest of her program was fantastic.

Custom Title
    Mao is amazing. Nothing more left to say about this particular GPF.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Yeah go with that because the short program does not count. By the way Julia did not have a clean program either. I suppose you think Julia has better skating skills, interpretation and transitions than Mao? Mao won because despite her mistakes she had a difficult program with 5 jumps landed and she is more mature than Julia as a skater.

1) Mao underrotated 3 jumps in her SP as well so her lead was already too big in that part of the competition.
    2) I agree that Mao is a more mature skater but her lead over Julia shouldn't be that high (8 points) when she doesn't skate and well and Julia does skate well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    She did not give up the pcs bullets because of the fall. If she had a total breakdown we could discuss then. Adelina on the other hand abandoned selling her program and her mistakes disrupted her presentation a lot. Also probably Mao would have got over 70s in pcs if not of these mistakes. And the rest of her program was fantastic.

I'm okay with the scoring of Adelina in the LP (not in the SP) compared to Mao. It's the score Julia got compared to Mao I have a problem with.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    The underrotation calls were shockingly accurate here. I think Mao's jumps were properly scored after getting to see replays. The only jump call that I think was wrong in this Ladies LP was Ashley's second 3Flip. That jump was fine, it was actually the 2T in combination that was underrotated.

However, Mao's final spin shouldn't have been called Level 4. She didn't get low enough down into basic sit position in that combination spin. In general her GOE on spins and even steps is too high. And of course the PCS were much too high for that performance.

Down With It
    Bright side for Wagner: no hip pointer/injury this time!

Better here than in Sochi at least. Don't want to peak too soon, but at least she avoided disaster (i.e. didn't finish last).

I know I'm gonna get it for saying this, but - I think on the world stage, to some degree Wagner still remains the "almost girl".

Custom Title
    I am in agreement - she remains the "almost girl".

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Bright side for Wagner: no hip pointer/injury this time!

Better here than in Sochi at least. Don't want to peak too soon, but at least she avoided disaster (i.e. didn't finish last).

I know I'm gonna get it for saying this, but - I think on the world stage, to some degree Wagner still remains the "almost girl".

Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    I am in agreement - she remains the "almost girl".
    Agree. and unfortunately for Ashley, when Mao, Yuna and Carolina leave after the Olympics, she has to worry about Julia, Gracie, Anna, Adelina and Elena. So even without the big three she might not make it to the world podium. Technically they are higher than her and as we have seen at the COR Julia might be able to outscore her PCS wise. And IF Gracie gets it together and develop a consistency like Julia she will become America's #1 big if. But Ashley has demonstrated that she is a fighter, so we are yet to see.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Did I miss an announcement somewhere that the TES box will not be displayed during the Olympics?

I would have assumed that the ISU would add the TES box to the Olympic feeds, the same as it did for the GP events.
    During the pairs competition at CoR, a commentator said something about how ISU didn't present the TES box to IOC in time and now to program it and do the graphics olympic style would be too late and expensive. But I only heard the guy say it and didn't read any official statement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I love Mao, but her program winning the FS segment today is a perfect example of what's wrong in this IJS, Julia landed 7 clean triples, Mao landed only a couple of really clean triples and (even if she's artistically better) she should have been behind and then win overall.
    I'm heartbroken for Adelina, though: landing the first clean 3Lz+3Lo in ages and then throwing it all away
    You make it seem as if the jumps are everything. Which they aren't. Especially if you think a mere clean jump means 'thumbs up'...
    If that were the case, the junior ladies would be scoring something closer to the top three.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast