Ladies FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013-14 Grand Prix Final

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Over 130... Mao looks more like "What is this score?" too. I'm going to fall off my chair laighung if her 3A's got credit here while the one in the SP didn't.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Over 130... Mao looks more like "What is this score?" too. I'm going to fall off my chair laighung if her 3A's got credit here while the one in the SP didn't.

Hm.

Both of them got around 5 points or a bit less. Even with that, the score got reduced by another ~5 points at the end.

Really wasn't expecting Lipnitskaia to be able to silver here, and even more surprising is that Wagner got bronze with that performance. Radionova could actually have podiumed with a clean skate.

hurrah

Medalist
Well, wow, Mao won, and it shows that she's probably guaranteed a silver at least at Sochi. But... well, I know Mao will use this as a learning experience.

(That outfit really suits her BTW. Would't mind it being worn at Sochi.)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:eek: WOW at the mistake littered programs from all the ladies in the LP. It doesn't seem this event did anything to help the campaigns of each skater: Asada's toward Olympic gold or Lipnitskaia's, Wagner's, or Sotnikova's toward a clear favorite for Olympic bronze. Team Kostner and Team Suzuki are definitely not out of the Olympic medal hunt yet! The way I see it looking at the lackluster performances and low scores, no one's stock rose as a result of this event.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
just woke up , but looks like a splatfest except for Julia, I would have had Julia winning
but PCS disparity between her and Mao atm is too high

CarneAsada

Medalist
just woke up , but looks like a splatfest except for Julia, I would have had Julia winning
Julia's TES was barely 2 points higher. Those 3Lz edge calls prevent her from getting enough +GOE to overcome Mao's monster layout that she actually chucked out there with a moderate degree of success, LOL.

Speaking of Mao, I think she really needs to focus on getting that 3F-2Lo-2Lo rotated. It's been giving her trouble for a long time and she needs every bit of BV she can get.

hurrah

Medalist
Julia's consistency is really amazing. But every time I watch her skate, I always think that she's doomed once she grows up.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Julia was apparently clean, she has her own issues, but she should have been closer to Mao in the LP. However I felt Mao was underscored in the SP and aside the two 3A, she skated pretty well. SP+LP, Mao is IMO the rightfull winner.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia's TES was barely 2 points higher. Those 3Lz edge calls prevent her from getting enough +GOE to overcome Mao's monster layout that she actually chucked out there with a moderate degree of success, LOL.

Speaking of Mao, I think she really needs to focus on getting that 3F-2Lo-2Lo rotated. It's been giving her trouble for a long time and she needs every bit of BV she can get.

Olympics will be a different story ;)

ranjake

Final Flight
Ashley got lucky here... adelina pretty much gave her the medal

I know, shock. I think the international judges like Ashley a LOT. I think now she knows what she has to do, and is in real contention for the Bronze in Sochi, if she does it. I worried about Mao starting in the warm-up. I hope she can internalize the pressure she puts on herself and use it to fight. I'd love to see Mao win Sochi Gold. Julia didn't look her best to me today, but it was enough to be the best on the day, imo. A Sochi threat for Gold- I'm pretty sure.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I still don't get how Mao's TES score was so near Julia's..:no:I think Julia is a clear winner in the long! Reputation or not she was the best! So either she was underscored or Mao was overscored:disapp::disapp::disapp::disapp: For once I'm happy that the Olympics are in Russia so if all the field skates this bad and Julia not...The winner won't be decided by huuuuuuuge PCS boost or smth

Redstone

Rinkside
Julia's consistency is really amazing. But every time I watch her skate, I always think that she's doomed once she grows up.
I believe she has pretty good chances with winning over the puberty monster. I don't think she'll grow much more + she already has very long legs.
And I've never cared much for hr, but with this LP I'm a fan now, for me it's the best LP from the ladies this year.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Julia obviously won the LP but Mao did deserve to win overall with the SP.

I would have put Radionova above Wagner.

I think the international judges like Ashley a LOT. I think now she knows what she has to do, and is in real contention for the Bronze in Sochi, if she does it.

Bronze in the team event, sure. She won't win an individual medal with her LP as it is now, unless Kostner + both Russian girls skate poorly. Plus Suzuki, Gold, Osmond, and Murakami (if they actually score her properly) are threats.