Rinkside

Skate Canada Challenge 2014 : Osmond 5th after SP

1) Gabrielle Daleman - 61.25
    2) Véronik Mallet - 54.15
    3) Alaine Chartrand - 52.35
    4) Julianne Séguin - 51.02
    5) Kaetlyn Osmond - 50.99

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That is a shocker! Perhaps she has not yet fully recovered from her injuries?

But really 3,4, & 5 are not too far apart. However, I don't see how she can catch Daleman unless Daleman completely implodes in the LP.

Here's the Results page

http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2....cfm?strLang=E

If you subscribe to Skate Canada, there is live streaming (and perhaps on demand??) coverage
    http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/even...gschedule.aspx
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 12-08-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Looks like Ralph & Hill won the Senior Dance by a mile

Senior FD

1st Ralph & Hill 90.29
    2nd Cyr & Brisebois-Gaudreau 84.72
    3rd Hasegawa & Hasegamwa 80.30
    4th Dumas & Proulx-Sénécal 75.12
    5th Paradis & Ouellette 74.28
    6th Gadosy & Smyth 61.06

Senior SD

1st Ralph & Hill 56.08
    2nd Paradis & Ouellette 51.06
    3rd Hasegawa & Hasegawa 48.25
    4th Cyr & Brisebois-Gaudreau 43.30
    5th Dumas & Proulx-Sénécal 42.88
    6th Gadosy & Smyth 39.36

Rinkside
    Osmond finished 1st overall:

1) Osmond 50.99 118,96 Total: 169.95
    2) Daleman 61.25 107.71 Total: 168.96
    3) Mallet 54.15 102.34 Total: 156.49
    4) Séguin 51.02 104.85 Total: 155.87
    5) Chartrand 52.35 101.32 Total: 153.67

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That is a shocker! Perhaps she has not yet fully recovered from her injuries?

But really 3,4, & 5 are not too far apart. However, I don't see how she can catch Daleman unless Daleman completely implodes in the LP.

Here's the Results page

http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2....cfm?strLang=E

If you subscribe to Skate Canada, there is live streaming (and perhaps on demand??) coverage
    Osmond won the women's competition.

I wonder what happened in the short. Glad to see she's okay, though. (Also, good for Daleman, getting that kind of SP score.)

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I do wish there would be the option to subscribe only to the competitions you're interested in for a lesser price.

Anyone know for sure if there's on-demand availability of the performances afterward?

On the Ice
    I have the live streaming feed & watched all the Senior Ladies last night.

Basically in Kaetlyn's short she stepped out of her 3T/3T, fell on the 3F & stepped out of her 2A.
    Her 3F got downgraded.
    Also all of her spins were only level 3.

Gabrielle landed her 3Lz/3T in both the short & long programs. If she had not fallen on one of the triples at the end, she would have beaten Kaetlyn.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Any videos of Kaetlyn's FS? I've only seen her FS at that summer competition where she kinda bombed...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Any videos of Kaetlyn's FS? I've only seen her FS at that summer competition where she kinda bombed...
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/KaetlynO...75970219204843

I think Lance, Kaetlyn, and Ravi have done their best work yet.

I'm happy to see that Gracie wasn't really overscored: 27 and 60 PCS is probably similar to what she would receive in international competitions

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by MeaganSkater View Post
    I have the live streaming feed & watched all the Senior Ladies last night.

Basically in Kaetlyn's short she stepped out of her 3T/3T, fell on the 3F & stepped out of her 2A.
    Her 3F got downgraded.
    Also all of her spins were only level 3.

Gabrielle landed her 3Lz/3T in both the short & long programs. If she had not fallen on one of the triples at the end, she would have beaten Kaetlyn.
    Or if they the Tech panel had called Osmond's flutz, daleman would have beaten her.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I'm happy to see that Gracie wasn't really overscored: 27 and 60 PCS is probably similar to what she would receive in international competitions
    Kaetlyn was overscored in the short. She received the highest PCS in the Short with TWO bad step-outs that should have been -2 GOE's across the board, not -1's and then a really bad fall. As well all her spins were slow and level 3. Daleman on the other hand just had a minor mistake on her opening 3Lz+3T combo as she ran out room it was so huge and then had level 4 spins and great speed. Also Daleman was not huffing and puffing at the end of her program, but received 26 for her PCS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8hrd View Post
    Kaetlyn was overscored in the short. She received the highest PCS in the Short with TWO bad step-outs that should have been -2 GOE's across the board, not -1's and then a really bad fall. As well all her spins were slow and level 3. Daleman on the other hand just had a minor mistake on her opening 3Lz+3T combo as she ran out room it was so huge and then had level 4 spins and great speed. Also Daleman was not huffing and puffing at the end of her program, but received 26 for her PCS.
    Osmond did score low in her PCS compared to Challenge last year (30.16 vs 27.56). In her long she went from 65+ to 60+ this year. So she wasn't over scored.

As for the huffing and puffing, maybe from being injured she is not in game shape yet.

For someone who claims to like Osmond, you are spending a lot of time posting everywhere bashing her. She is not the one that does the scoring. There is a tech panel and judges panel. The same panels that scored Daleman and the other 40 skaters

I did not realize that the heaviness of a skater's breathing was supposed to be reflected in the PCS mark. You learn something new every day.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    I did not realize that the heaviness of a skater's breathing was supposed to be reflected in the PCS mark. You learn something new every day.
    No not directly, but if you are fatigued then your Transition/Linking Footwork and Performance/Execution will be greatly affected as with Osmond in the short. All her spins we off. Her flying sit was not well executed (should not have been level 3 as her leg did not come up high enough) and her final change of combination spin there was a major wobble when she went from a sit position to a cross biellmann spin, as well as major travelling during the execution of the spin. These two spins should not have received should any +GOE's and the poor execution of these spins should have been reflected in her PCS marks more. Also she was very slow at the end of her program and was really labouring at the end. All of which is due to poor conditioning which is evident in her heavy breathing at the end of her program.

Now I know hohoho is going to jump on me AGAIN. Again I like Osmond, but I DON'T like seeing a top skater GIVEN marks just because she is the Canadian Champion. Yes I know she has been injured and this has affected her training, but that doesn't mean the caller and the rest of the panel should over-look these obvious mistakes in her program. I hope she is in top form at Nationals and earns the marks there and then goes to Sochi as she has done a lot for Ladies skating in Canada - earning 6 JGP spots, 2 JW spots 2 yrs ago as a Junior and last year earning Canada 2 spots at the Olympics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast