Osmond finished 1st overall:

1) Osmond 50.99 118,96 Total: 169.95
2) Daleman 61.25 107.71 Total: 168.96
3) Mallet 54.15 102.34 Total: 156.49
4) Séguin 51.02 104.85 Total: 155.87
5) Chartrand 52.35 101.32 Total: 153.67

Rami

Rinkside
That is a shocker! Perhaps she has not yet fully recovered from her injuries?

But really 3,4, & 5 are not too far apart. However, I don't see how she can catch Daleman unless Daleman completely implodes in the LP.

Here's the Results page

http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2014/2014CHALL.cfm?strLang=E

If you subscribe to Skate Canada, there is live streaming (and perhaps on demand??) coverage
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/eventsresults/201213livestreamingschedule.aspx

Osmond won the women's competition.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I wonder what happened in the short. Glad to see she's okay, though. (Also, good for Daleman, getting that kind of SP score.)

If you subscribe to Skate Canada, there is live streaming (and perhaps on demand??) coverage
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/eventsresults/201213livestreamingschedule.aspx

I do wish there would be the option to subscribe only to the competitions you're interested in for a lesser price.

Anyone know for sure if there's on-demand availability of the performances afterward?

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
I have the live streaming feed & watched all the Senior Ladies last night.

Basically in Kaetlyn's short she stepped out of her 3T/3T, fell on the 3F & stepped out of her 2A.
Her 3F got downgraded.
Also all of her spins were only level 3.

Gabrielle landed her 3Lz/3T in both the short & long programs. If she had not fallen on one of the triples at the end, she would have beaten Kaetlyn.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Any videos of Kaetlyn's FS? I've only seen her FS at that summer competition where she kinda bombed...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm happy to see that Gracie wasn't really overscored: 27 and 60 PCS is probably similar to what she would receive in international competitions

sk8hrd

Rinkside
I have the live streaming feed & watched all the Senior Ladies last night.

Basically in Kaetlyn's short she stepped out of her 3T/3T, fell on the 3F & stepped out of her 2A.
Her 3F got downgraded.
Also all of her spins were only level 3.

Gabrielle landed her 3Lz/3T in both the short & long programs. If she had not fallen on one of the triples at the end, she would have beaten Kaetlyn.

Or if they the Tech panel had called Osmond's flutz, daleman would have beaten her.

sk8hrd

Rinkside
I'm happy to see that Gracie wasn't really overscored: 27 and 60 PCS is probably similar to what she would receive in international competitions

Kaetlyn was overscored in the short. She received the highest PCS in the Short with TWO bad step-outs that should have been -2 GOE's across the board, not -1's and then a really bad fall. As well all her spins were slow and level 3. Daleman on the other hand just had a minor mistake on her opening 3Lz+3T combo as she ran out room it was so huge and then had level 4 spins and great speed. Also Daleman was not huffing and puffing at the end of her program, but received 26 for her PCS.

hohoho

On the Ice
Kaetlyn was overscored in the short. She received the highest PCS in the Short with TWO bad step-outs that should have been -2 GOE's across the board, not -1's and then a really bad fall. As well all her spins were slow and level 3. Daleman on the other hand just had a minor mistake on her opening 3Lz+3T combo as she ran out room it was so huge and then had level 4 spins and great speed. Also Daleman was not huffing and puffing at the end of her program, but received 26 for her PCS.

Osmond did score low in her PCS compared to Challenge last year (30.16 vs 27.56). In her long she went from 65+ to 60+ this year. So she wasn't over scored.

As for the huffing and puffing, maybe from being injured she is not in game shape yet.

For someone who claims to like Osmond, you are spending a lot of time posting everywhere bashing her. She is not the one that does the scoring. There is a tech panel and judges panel. The same panels that scored Daleman and the other 40 skaters

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I did not realize that the heaviness of a skater's breathing was supposed to be reflected in the PCS mark. You learn something new every day.

sk8hrd

Rinkside
I did not realize that the heaviness of a skater's breathing was supposed to be reflected in the PCS mark. You learn something new every day.

No not directly, but if you are fatigued then your Transition/Linking Footwork and Performance/Execution will be greatly affected as with Osmond in the short. All her spins we off. Her flying sit was not well executed (should not have been level 3 as her leg did not come up high enough) and her final change of combination spin there was a major wobble when she went from a sit position to a cross biellmann spin, as well as major travelling during the execution of the spin. These two spins should not have received should any +GOE's and the poor execution of these spins should have been reflected in her PCS marks more. Also she was very slow at the end of her program and was really labouring at the end. All of which is due to poor conditioning which is evident in her heavy breathing at the end of her program.

Now I know hohoho is going to jump on me AGAIN. Again I like Osmond, but I DON'T like seeing a top skater GIVEN marks just because she is the Canadian Champion. Yes I know she has been injured and this has affected her training, but that doesn't mean the caller and the rest of the panel should over-look these obvious mistakes in her program. I hope she is in top form at Nationals and earns the marks there and then goes to Sochi as she has done a lot for Ladies skating in Canada - earning 6 JGP spots, 2 JW spots 2 yrs ago as a Junior and last year earning Canada 2 spots at the Olympics.

hohoho

On the Ice
No not directly, but if you are fatigued then your Transition/Linking Footwork and Performance/Execution will be greatly affected as with Osmond in the short. All her spins we off. Her flying sit was not well executed (should not have been level 3 as her leg did not come up high enough) and her final change of combination spin there was a major wobble when she went from a sit position to a cross biellmann spin, as well as major travelling during the execution of the spin. These two spins should not have received should any +GOE's and the poor execution of these spins should have been reflected in her PCS marks more. Also she was very slow at the end of her program and was really labouring at the end. All of which is due to poor conditioning which is evident in her heavy breathing at the end of her program.

Now I know hohoho is going to jump on me AGAIN. Again I like Osmond, but I DON'T like seeing a top skater GIVEN marks just because she is the Canadian Champion. Yes I know she has been injured and this has affected her training, but that doesn't mean the caller and the rest of the panel should over-look these obvious mistakes in her program. I hope she is in top form at Nationals and earns the marks there and then goes to Sochi as she has done a lot for Ladies skating in Canada - earning 6 JGP spots, 2 JW spots 2 yrs ago as a Junior and last year earning Canada 2 spots at the Olympics.

From the protocols she was not given top marks. I believe she was 11 points behind in the short. For a skater that usually receives 60-70 points in her short, I believe that 50 is quite low. What score do you think she should have received?

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
I honestly think it was just an off day for Kaetlyn.
She chose to attend Challenge so she would have a competition underneath her belt before Nationals.
She wanted to prove she was back but she probably got herself so excited/wound up like she has done on occasion before.

I just hope she's recovering properly and will be healthy in time for Nationals. Because what Gabrielle Daleman proved this week was that it could be a close battle.

sk8hrd

Rinkside
From the protocols she was not given top marks. I believe she was 11 points behind in the short. For a skater that usually receives 60-70 points in her short, I believe that 50 is quite low. What score do you think she should have received?

Its not what I think she should have received, as she received 50.99 for a disastrous short. Its what I think she earned and that is the difference. I could throw up numbers that will just seem to upset you even more hohoho, but I won't. I will point out that Roxanne Rheault had a much better looking Flying sit than Osmond and only got a level 1 for hers with very little +GOEs. Also Poor Veronik was robbed of PCS marks as well. At SCI she received 24.4 pts with a fall on her 3F and at Nebelhorn she earned 25.77 pts for an almost clean SP. At the Challenge she was held down to 23.68 pts for a clean SP. How can she earn marks higher internationally for a clean skate but nationally she doesn't? That is all I will say, but hohoho you go on and defend your skater and keep agreeing with pushing the others down if that makes you feel better. To me a true champion takes their losses when the deserve them and takes their wins when they earn them.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Just watched her FS...thank God that got that program straightened out! It's much better now: choreography, dress, delivery...much much better.

Kaetlyn looked good here. I was a little worried about her before but it's good to see she's getting herself back together.

Glad to see Gabrielle have a good SP. I think she's an amazingly powerful skater...almost too powerful sometimes. She needs someone to reel her in and control her a bit but she's wonderful.

Can't wait to see both at nationals!

Skate Canada wins the prize for the most tragic presentation of results.

No formatting on the results website so it stretches from one end to another end of the screen, murdering my eyes.

Everything in pdfs. And in those pdfs, again, no concept of margins or a sensible layout that is remotely readable. Pages crammed with text. Why horizontal instead of vertical page layout?

Only the SP and FS scores displayed and not placements.

PCS shown are factored (so you'd have to multiply them by the factor if you wanted to find out what the average PCS score was).

I mean why not just use the default templates provided by the ISU, given they are much more clear and legible? :confused: