Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skate Canada Challenge 2014 : Osmond 5th after SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8hrd View Post
    No not directly, but if you are fatigued then your Transition/Linking Footwork and Performance/Execution will be greatly affected as with Osmond in the short. All her spins we off. Her flying sit was not well executed (should not have been level 3 as her leg did not come up high enough) and her final change of combination spin there was a major wobble when she went from a sit position to a cross biellmann spin, as well as major travelling during the execution of the spin. These two spins should not have received should any +GOE's and the poor execution of these spins should have been reflected in her PCS marks more. Also she was very slow at the end of her program and was really labouring at the end. All of which is due to poor conditioning which is evident in her heavy breathing at the end of her program.

Now I know hohoho is going to jump on me AGAIN. Again I like Osmond, but I DON'T like seeing a top skater GIVEN marks just because she is the Canadian Champion. Yes I know she has been injured and this has affected her training, but that doesn't mean the caller and the rest of the panel should over-look these obvious mistakes in her program. I hope she is in top form at Nationals and earns the marks there and then goes to Sochi as she has done a lot for Ladies skating in Canada - earning 6 JGP spots, 2 JW spots 2 yrs ago as a Junior and last year earning Canada 2 spots at the Olympics.
    From the protocols she was not given top marks. I believe she was 11 points behind in the short. For a skater that usually receives 60-70 points in her short, I believe that 50 is quite low. What score do you think she should have received?

On the Ice
    I honestly think it was just an off day for Kaetlyn.
    She chose to attend Challenge so she would have a competition underneath her belt before Nationals.
    She wanted to prove she was back but she probably got herself so excited/wound up like she has done on occasion before.

I just hope she's recovering properly and will be healthy in time for Nationals. Because what Gabrielle Daleman proved this week was that it could be a close battle.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    From the protocols she was not given top marks. I believe she was 11 points behind in the short. For a skater that usually receives 60-70 points in her short, I believe that 50 is quite low. What score do you think she should have received?
    Its not what I think she should have received, as she received 50.99 for a disastrous short. Its what I think she earned and that is the difference. I could throw up numbers that will just seem to upset you even more hohoho, but I won't. I will point out that Roxanne Rheault had a much better looking Flying sit than Osmond and only got a level 1 for hers with very little +GOEs. Also Poor Veronik was robbed of PCS marks as well. At SCI she received 24.4 pts with a fall on her 3F and at Nebelhorn she earned 25.77 pts for an almost clean SP. At the Challenge she was held down to 23.68 pts for a clean SP. How can she earn marks higher internationally for a clean skate but nationally she doesn't? That is all I will say, but hohoho you go on and defend your skater and keep agreeing with pushing the others down if that makes you feel better. To me a true champion takes their losses when the deserve them and takes their wins when they earn them.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Just watched her FS...thank God that got that program straightened out! It's much better now: choreography, dress, delivery...much much better.

Kaetlyn looked good here. I was a little worried about her before but it's good to see she's getting herself back together.

Glad to see Gabrielle have a good SP. I think she's an amazingly powerful skater...almost too powerful sometimes. She needs someone to reel her in and control her a bit but she's wonderful.

Can't wait to see both at nationals!

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Skate Canada wins the prize for the most tragic presentation of results.

No formatting on the results website so it stretches from one end to another end of the screen, murdering my eyes.

Everything in pdfs. And in those pdfs, again, no concept of margins or a sensible layout that is remotely readable. Pages crammed with text. Why horizontal instead of vertical page layout?

Only the SP and FS scores displayed and not placements.

PCS shown are factored (so you'd have to multiply them by the factor if you wanted to find out what the average PCS score was).

I mean why not just use the default templates provided by the ISU, given they are much more clear and legible?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Skate Canada wins the prize for the most tragic presentation of results.

No formatting on the results website so it stretches from one end to another end of the screen, murdering my eyes.

Everything in pdfs. And in those pdfs, again, no concept of margins or a sensible layout that is remotely readable. Pages crammed with text.

Only the SP and FS scores displayed and not placements.

PCS shown for the FS are factored.

I mean why not just use the default templates provided by the ISU, given they are much more clear and legible?
    I agree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2