Double Toe Loop help? | Golden Skate

Double Toe Loop help?

figure_skater_72

Rinkside
I need a bit of help. I can land it but it looks clunky. Often my landing position isn't strong, and my arms don't know what to do. I was also wondering which entry is the most powerful- mowhawks or 3 turns?

figure_skater_72

Rinkside
Thanks. I might try both the 3t and the mh to see which one is most powerful. I need a lot of power for my TL combos. I will definitely try the landing you suggested :)

Scout

Final Flight
I've done double toe using two different take-offs (I'm right-handed): off the right inside three turn, and off a left outside three turn with a change of foot (I suppose you could replace the three turn with a mohawk). The toe loop is not my favourite jump. I've mastered it one way, lost it, got frustrated, tried the other method, got the jump back, lost it again, and so on.

As far as powerful, I think the change of foot method is most powerful. That's the method you see the guys use when they do their quads. This is also my prefered method, but the timing of this method is trickier.

I don't like the inside three turn take off, because I tend to over rotate the three turn. However, the inside three turn seems to be -by far - the most prevalent method of teaching the double toe at the clubs I've trained at.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I've done double toe using two different take-offs (I'm right-handed): off the right inside three turn, and off a left outside three turn with a change of foot (I suppose you could replace the three turn with a mohawk). The toe loop is not my favourite jump. I've mastered it one way, lost it, got frustrated, tried the other method, got the jump back, lost it again, and so on.

As far as powerful, I think the change of foot method is most powerful. That's the method you see the guys use when they do their quads. This is also my prefered method, but the timing of this method is trickier.

I don't like the inside three turn take off, because I tend to over rotate the three turn. However, the inside three turn seems to be -by far - the most prevalent method of teaching the double toe at the clubs I've trained at.

If it makes sense, the RFI-RBO inside-3 method requires really understanding your pick placement and getting the timing of it right, whereas the LFO-LBI three turn to change-foot requires 'rhythm' and offers more "stability". I personally prefer the latter, especially going at high speed, as it gives you time to set your arms. With an inside 3, there's the risk of your upper body getting ahead or lagging behind your lower body.

Nater

Match Penalty
If it makes sense, the RFI-RBO inside-3 method requires really understanding your pick placement and getting the timing of it right, whereas the LFO-LBI three turn to change-foot requires 'rhythm' and offers more "stability". I personally prefer the latter, especially going at high speed, as it gives you time to set your arms. With an inside 3, there's the risk of your upper body getting ahead or lagging behind your lower body.

Especially because a lot of skaters still tries to initiate the inside three then with their shoulders and often don't step outside the circle for the three turn, which often causes it to whip around.

The FO3 entrance has its own issues, like skaters getting blocked for the take off. Have to find which works best for the skater and work to refine it.

I prefer the FO3 entrance, personally. It tends to give me more control of the mechanics and I don't like doing inside 3s at full speed into jumps.