Best moment of the GPF? | Golden Skate

Best moment of the GPF?

daphna

On the Ice
For me the best moment was Robin and Alyona's LP. I didn't think they had this kind of skate in them anymore. It was so beautiful, fluid, and full of balletic nuances. Thanks god they ditched the 3 axel - it was getting too risky injury wise and too inconsistent, and they don't really need it when they skate at their best.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
This! And Yuzuru's reaction to his scores after the short. Al in all I think the GPF showed that the favourites are not set in stone for Gold. Or at least the judges want us to think that way, so we won't complain later. :sarcasm:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yuzu's reactions after both programs. He still seems so humble and surprised, graciously bowing to fans, and then Brian's reactions too -- like a proud papa!

Well done!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Hanyu's short program. I really think for him it's a masterpiece! He sold the hell out of it here!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I can just go for one?

Maos SP.
Her reaction after the skate.
The flood of flowers that drowned her afterwards.
Adelina's 3Lz-3Lo in the LP, even getting credit from Amano.
Julia coming back strong after CoR.
Hanyu. And his axels.
Hanyus SP and his cute obstacle curse back to the K'n'C.
His intensity in the LP being back, and his stare when he went into the 4T after messing up the 4S.
Chan doing so well in the LP again, after he was so good in TEB.
Nobu medaling and being all smily at the medal ceremony.
P/B getting the bronze, after they got beaten by I/K in Paris.
Especially because they came back in the FD after being 5th in the SD.
S/S. Everything they did these two days, really.
P/T and how beautiful there programs are.
And finally managing their SBS jumps.

And of course: the amazing audience.

And all of the stuff I probably forgot :biggrin:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
For me the best moment was Robin and Alyona's LP. I didn't think they had this kind of skate in them anymore. It was so beautiful, fluid, and full of balletic nuances. Thanks god they ditched the 3 axel - it was getting too risky injury wise and too inconsistent, and they don't really need it when they skate at their best.

I agree. It also set them back up as gold medal contenders for Sochi.