Tuktamysheva's Career | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's Career

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Why would anyone stay with Mishin. His only focus is waiting for another Plushenko comeback until he is 80 years old, just like the pathetic Russian federation of stupidity. Of course Tuks should leave him and run as fast as she can.

coppertop1

On the Ice
Why would anyone stay with Mishin. His only focus is waiting for another Plushenko comeback until he is 80 years old, just like the pathetic Russian federation of stupidity. Of course Tuks should leave him and run as fast as she can.

I think he seems stuck in his heyday of students back in the 90s and early 00s, I do think a change would do Liza good. What about Irina Slutskaya's coach, Zhanna Gramova? Or Viktoria Volchkova?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I think he seems stuck in his heyday of students back in the 90s and early 00s, I do think a change would do Liza good. What about Irina Slutskaya's coach, Zhanna Gramova? Or Viktoria Volchkova?

I think Gramova would be perfect. Tuktamysheva is actually a very similar skater to Slutskaya, and Gromova did wonders with her, and knew how to build off her strengths and disguise her weaknesses.

coppertop1

On the Ice
I think Gramova would be perfect. Tuktamysheva is actually a very similar skater to Slutskaya, and Gromova did wonders with her, and knew how to build off her strengths and disguise her weaknesses.

Everyone was talking about the young Russians's coaches that are in-demand, so I thought about Gromova because of Irina Slutskaya who had a lot of success.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Liza looks thinner in the most recent two competitions, and her body so far is not worse than Mirai or Zhang's, both have much larger bone frame in addition to the muscle/fat they grained. The most probable reason is that she is not trained properly, or Michin does not spent enough time coaching her. Too bad Liza's spin is not on par with the new group of Russian junior ladies. So her jumps may be her only weapon.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
To be fair - Liza is a 16 years old Girl, who grew up in the public and now becomes older and begin to think about all the things, which happens around her.
She was injured or ill the whole season. Has to deal with puberty. And then the pressure to get the olympic spot. I can feel how difficult all this must be for her.

The only Thing I want for Liza is, that she becomes the happy Girl she was one, two years ago. Get healthy and get back the security to her jumps she had.
Then we will see, how all These russian Girls will fight against each other next year. And of course, not all will survive puberty or get one those three sports for the big championsips ...

andyjo24

Medalist
I really hope Adelina's and Julia's success at Sochi fires up Tukt. I strongly feel that Tukt has the best jumping technique out of all three, and she is the most interesting to me (It's just that she's reusing the same choreography, same dark music over and over again :frown:). I really, really hope she changes to another coach and gets much better choreography. When she's on, she can be the best.

anyanka

Record Breaker
This may have been asked before, but: is there a possibility she may go to a foreign coach? There are plenty of great coaches in Russia but I wonder if they're all overloaded. I can't recall a Russian competitive athlete training for Russia going to say an American coach. I know she already uses Jeff Buttle as a choreographer, would it be too much of a stretch for her to, say, move to Toronto to train with Orser? Keep in mind that I have NO Idea if any of her sponsors would pay for that to happen. Just wondering.

Thoughts, anyone?

I'd love for Liza to get back in the saddle again. She was once the great hope for Sochi. Here's hoping she can be on the team in 2018.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Great! A selfie complete validates her "weight problem".... or shall I say, your problem with her weight.

Tuk's weight has been slammed by Russian coaches as the cost why she struggled
from Averbukh, Zhulin, Tutberidze even Mishin said Tuktamysheva needed to lose weight

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza is so beautiful!

Mishin never said she had to lose weight. Ever.

But we all know you think Liza is practically obese and she should starve herself with an eating disorder to meet your exacting standards.

wootie

Match Penalty
Eh, Tuktamysheva looks like an old lady in a 20-something year old's body. Her lines are, shall we say, not pretty, and she seems to ooze a rather bad attitude. She could conceivably make a comeback...but considering how much stronger the teenie bopper Russian girls are, it's unlikely she'll ever rise to the top of the pile.

BounceAround

On the Ice
Didn't Tarasova coach Shizuka Arakawa?

Arakawa left Tarasova a few months before winning the OGM :biggrin:. That one must have hurt.

I agree that Tarasova deserves credit for that, but I'd imagine she'd like to be sitting in the K&C, hugging Arakawa with her big fur coat, and bawling her eyes out.