Tuktamysheva's Career | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's Career

flyushka

Rinkside
Anyone know what the recovery time for a figure skater is for that type of injury?

*an interesting note that they said the second spot has yet to be announced for Worlds, is there some reason to suggest that Lipnitskaia might not be going?

I had a torn ankle ligament back in my skating days - also done by a silly fall doing nothing. I think that's probably the likeliest way to incur that injury on skates, since you're not really prepared to fall like that and sometimes the blade catches in the ice sideways while the rest of you keeps rotating weirdly. I wore a cast for about 2 months and needed maybe another 6 weeks or 2 months of off-ice rehab before getting back on the ice, and then taking some time before getting back into jumping. For me it was easily the hardest injury to recover from - I had some broken bones, strains, stress fractures, etc., but never any knee problems, so can't comment on how it rates compared to ACL, etc. I imagine not as bad. It wasn't terribly painful, but the weak and unstable feeling of the ankle made it hard to trust jumping for a good while (mine, like Liza's, was on my landing leg). It probably set me back about a year in terms of skating progress, and to this day never quite regained that ankle strength. But that was a long time ago and hopefully Liza has good access to physical therapy, etc. It also depends a lot on how bad the tear was; if it's small it might be a much easier recovery than that. In any case it'll help if she takes her time getting back; maybe she could even use it to her advantage by spending a lot of time working on stroking before getting back to the jumps.

entire post

Thanks for your insights. I've always heard that soft tissue injuries (ligaments, tendons, spinal discs, and so on) are tougher to treat and recover from than bone fractures, unless it's a really bad fracture requiring reconstruction. But these days, sports medicine has become more sophisticated, which gives athletes a better chance, I hope. Fingers are crossed that Tukt has access to expert treatment and has the best possible chance to recover fully.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
And I am really angry with Mishin - he didn't even attempt to help Liza! :mad: Could he not have opened the gate sooner, rather than leave her hanging onto the boards doubled up in pain?! Like, even when he did open it, he didn't even attempt to help her off the ice!

I know! He even had that brief annoyed look, complete with hand gesture, before he finally open the gate. He had more to say too after the gate was opened. I saw it, Mishin, however brief it was.

That really was a weird fall. She landed the 2A3T with ease, and then a stumble on a back crossover. Did her boots came loose or something? Seems like the pain got worse as seconds go by, she was still able to skate after getting up, but by the time she got to the boards, she couldn't push any pressure on that foot.

christinaskater

Medalist
I think Liz is the best among Julia and Adelina! I loved her during her debut during the GP Series! She just lost that consistency.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
aren't you a ray of sunshine

sadly it is not a secret
type google: Tuktamysheva and the word weight comes after the suggested search

that shows many people search and see Tuk has weight issues
but Mishin is partly to blame for this too as Tuk loves ice cream and always drink shakes in starbucks
he did not monitor her eating habits a a coach should :disapp:

spread beagle

Rinkside
sadly it is not a secret

It is not working for my google. I only get following suggest: figure skater, father, triple axel, 2012, 2013, twitter, skate canada, alina, liza, wiki...

I think google suggest work with your previous data, so it only give proof to your own obsession with ice cream, I think. But even I like ice cream, I don't get weight suggestion.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
sadly it is not a secret

but Mishin is partly to blame for this too as Tuk loves ice cream and always drink shakes in starbucks

I'm dreadfully sorry that the Professor does not starve Liza like you think he should. /sarcasm

96skiluvr

On the Ice
sadly it is not a secret

????? Get a life and stop stalking her Instagram to see what drink she orders at Starbucks

FSfan99

Rinkside
sadly it is not a secret

Just a clarification about Google -- the search shows "weight" after her name for you because of your previous search history. This doesn't show that many people search about her "weight issues." It just indicates that YOU search about her weight.

I've been a lurker on this forum long enough to know you're going to call me a troll because I don't post often, but I'm expecting it already :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a clarification about Google -- the search shows "weight" after her name for you because of your previous search history. This doesn't show that many people search about her "weight issues." It just indicates that YOU search about her weight.

I've been a lurker on this forum long enough to know you're going to call me a troll because I don't post often, but I'm expecting it already :)

I can't.... :rofl:
Sorry Sky_fly20 but that's funny!!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

well maybe its some sort of Geographical location that google shows

but click on images:

the image suggest Tukatmysheva weight

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
well maybe its some sort of Geographical location that google shows

but click on images:

the image suggest Tukatmysheva weight

Again: that is because it makes suggestions based on YOUR previous searches.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... type google: Tuktamysheva and the word weight comes after the suggested search ...

It is not working for my google. I only get following suggest: figure skater, father, triple axel, 2012, 2013, twitter, skate canada, alina, liza, wiki...

I think google suggest work with your previous data, so it only give proof to your own obsession with ice cream, I think. But even I like ice cream, I don't get weight suggestion.

Just a clarification about Google -- the search shows "weight" after her name for you because of your previous search history. This doesn't show that many people search about her "weight issues." It just indicates that YOU search about her weight. ...

Again: that is because it makes suggestions based on YOUR previous searches.

Agree :agree: with SB, FSF, and karne 100%.
sky_fly's previous focus on weight is the reason for Google's suggested search in her/his case.
Google suggests what it thinks the individual user wants.

tulosai

Record Breaker

+1

When I do this I get 2013, triple axle, skate canada, 2008 and figure skating.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think that, if I see the expression "weight issues" again, I might scream. It's my calm, reasoned, thoughtful conclusion that this might indeed be the case. I just thought I'd mention it, among friends, you know, and give fair warning, that such a thing might, indeed, on calm reflection, be imminent.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Curiosity just got the better of me. So, I just did the Google test to see what happened.

I am probably a good control sample, because I ALWAYS use the private browsing, so Firefox doesn't remember what I'm up to. Plus, I haven't done a Google search for Liza for a VERY long time - I normally just go directly to her Instagram or her vKontakte profile! ;)

Anyway, here are the 10 suggestions it came up with:

Tuktamysheva
Tuktamysheva 2013
Tuktamysheva triple axle
Tuktamysheva Skate Canada
Tuktamysheva 2008
Tuktamysheva 2011
Tuktamysheva Japan Open
Tuktamysheva ISU
Tuktamysheva weight
Tuktamysheva ready to make an impact

I should add, I have NEVER searched for anything to do with her weight. For the simple reason that I don't believe she has weight issues! ;)

????? Get a life and stop stalking her Instagram to see what drink she orders at Starbucks

To be fair, I stalk her Instagram as well. :laugh:

But, the difference is that I see a perfectly healthy looking girl, doing perfectly normal things.

Anyway, here's a photo she posted on it on Monday:

http://distilleryimage8.ak.instagram.com/d32beaf8a2e011e3b1940ed688e0555c_8.jpg

Liza can cook!!! :bow: She truly is my perfect woman!!! :love:

On the one hand, it's good to see her back on her feet. But I really hope she isn't putting too much weight on it too soon!

Good luck with the recovery Liza

CaroLiza_fan

Amei

Record Breaker
On the one hand, it's good to see her back on her feet. But I really hope she isn't putting too much weight on it too soon!

Good luck with the recovery Liza

CaroLiza_fan

For what it's worth when I broke my foot, they put me in a boot that still allowed me to walk on it, but they did advise me to walk on it as little as possible.