Tuktamysheva's Career | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's Career

bsfan

On the Ice
Some people just can't bear with others achievements when those "others" are not from their friendly countries.

No one questioned about Cohen's or Tara's age. They didn't look more mature than Julia by looking at their body. People questioned about gymnastics age in 2008 at least there were some sources that showed different b-days. Here has anyone found out in any source that Julia had different birthday listed?

I remember a while ago when Polina K. was breaking through, someone suspected her b-day was manipulated back to make her stay junior.

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
Tuk's career is an example of how estrogen and body fat development affect a young skater who had all the rotational ability and flexibility in the world, only to lose it when she started to grow up.

Simple. By her appearance, ET looks like a girl who will have to struggle her whole life not to be overweight.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Tuk's career is an example of how estrogen and body fat development affect a young skater who had all the rotational ability and flexibility in the world, only to lose it when she started to grow up.

Simple. By her appearance, ET looks like a girl who will have to struggle her whole life not to be overweight.

to be fair, Tuk never was flexible, she always struggled with her back especially beillman spins were her problems even at 12
but looks as though her body when fully mature could be like that of Elene Gedevanishvili

chloepoco

Medalist
You better worry that Japan will incorporate Sochi as : Jochi, Japan and inflate Asada's marks even more such that Yu Na can do nothing about. Japanese Corporations have successfully raised somebody's PCS by 10+ points in 3 weeks, they can do it for Asada too. :laugh:

Joke or not, I don't think this is funny at all, and quite inappropriate. I get that this poster is anti-Japan/Japanese about everything, but, really?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Joke or not, I don't think this is funny at all, and quite inappropriate. I get that this poster is anti-Japan/Japanese about everything, but, really?

wallylutz is known for as nationalist Canadian like skaterboy
for Anti Japanese , Russophobic and dislike for American Ice Dancers

Not to mention, Russia has public webside with competitive results and dates of birth of all their elite skaters. Anyone can check that out, and for the last few years I have been doing it (and I think thousands of other people too). So if anyone wanted to falsificate Russian skaters ages, they would have to start when the skaters is perhaps 7-8 years old, because as soon as they start showing any promise (even if they are still in novice category) their date of birth is already in public domain. Therefore, the Russians would have to falsificate the dates of birth of everyone, because they wouldn't know who will make it and who won't. For example, there are included skaters who are 9-10 years old.

The webside:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters.html

If you click on any letter from the alphabet, you will get a list of skaters starting with that letter. Then you click on that name and get their date of birth, name of coach, competitive results etc.

Also, it's been my impression that we've been hearing about Julia for some years now, so we can trace her history pretty far back. She didn't just show up last year. (I know for sure that I've been trying to master the spelling of her last name for quite a few years.) So any implication about her age is really misplaced.

I would love for Mao or YuNa to win, but I can see and appreciate Julia's quality. Her program and her costume (thank goodness) are age-appropriate, and she has some wonderful qualities, though I will like her better when her style matures. But as far as her looks, she is like a lot of those wispy ballerina types who populate dance academies, and though many of them maintain this look by not eating much, they are indeed the age they claim they are.

hanca

Record Breaker
Some people just can't bear with others achievements when those "others" are not from their friendly countries.

I remember a while ago when Polina K. was breaking through, someone suspected her b-day was manipulated back to make her stay junior.

It wasn't Polina K, it was Anna Shershak, the season when she placed 2nd at her JGP event. Why would she want to stay and compete among youngsters who were at that time quite strong, having the difficult triple-triple combinations (Russian junior ladies made podium sweep at JGPF that year) when Russian ladies did not have enough senior eligible ladies is beyond me. In juniors she was competing against Shelepen who could jump at that time and against Lipnitskaya. In seniors there was no one that strong.

gmyers

Record Breaker
um...because it has happened before from certain countries that shall not be named? Anyone has the right to question the age of athletes when there are cause for the suspicion. Moreover, I did not "accuse" anybody, I expressed my suspicion. Given the track record the countries concerned, you will please forgive my skepticism. Feel free to disagree with me, I am not running to the police anytime soon.

The birth certificate and record keeping in Russia and previously in the Soviet Union are very well organized and established as totally legitimate in every way!

seniorita

Record Breaker

Nonono and a big NO. All the girls who look really thin too you in these figure skating costumes, are even slimer in reality with everyday clothes, Liza is a really thin girl with muscled body and if she wasnt a skater you would never mention her name with any overweight issues, please these ladies who are of different built than what FS 'accepts' like Elena G., Meite or Liza are too young and really petite to even imply something like having overweight issues.

Panini

On the Ice
Welcome, Panini! Post often, post long!

A little bit off topic, but I am quite convinced that all elite track and field athletes are on performance enhancing drugs, if they can afford it. Just like we found out a few years ago that all cyclists are. It only makes sense. If you take performance enhancing drugs, your performance will be enhanced and you will win. If you don't, your performance is not enhanced and you lose.

Haha, thank you for the warm welcome :) Oh I'm sure track & field athletes are all on some form of PED. Same for cyclists, swimmers, tennis players, etc. I just think using track record as the basis of suspicion is BS. American athletes get the innocent-until-proven-guilty treatment all the time, even though their track record is just as bad if not worse than the ones that get the guilty-until-proven-innocent treatment like Russia or China :rolleye:

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
lol, the bitter Canadians just keep coming
then why did you said that if its a contradiction ? :scratch:

disappointing eh ? so where are the ladies Canadian medals ? oh yeah Canada has no ladies
and the mighty Osmond that will crush all the Russian ladies is no more
she is busy landing on her butt !!! :rofl:

Osmond is a Non Factor for Sochi
boo hoo :cry:
bo ho hu hu hu

Ha! tut tut tut with the personal attacks :sarcasm:

Remember of course that a Canadian woman won a medal at the last Olympics and outskated the Russian women this year at the Japan Open. But whatever....

Liza still has a chance for the team IMO, she will probably go to Euros with Adelina and Julia and the best two will go to the Olympics. It's actually kind of a shame, dare I say it, that the US and not Russia has a 3rd ladies spot since really Russia's ladies team is really stronger overall (but that's not the way qualification works). Liza's jumps are still high and powerful (at least when I saw her at Finlandia this year) and should get higher GOEs that Julia's, which are less impressive (but more consistent!), if of course Liza lands them. I just think Liza does herself no favours with the components scores, she has great choreographers but no artistic range (more Latin music, again??? And in BOTH the SP and FP, no less!). Shame if she doesn't make it though, she is fun and sassy on the ice and I bet she's a hoot in person!

LRK

Record Breaker
I've seen a lot of complaints about Liza's music choices. And I don't know... We're talking about a skater who is apparently suffering from nerves - in the SP especially. I doubt the best way to boost her confidence is to push her further out of her comfort zone. Plenty of time to experiment with being a pretty princess power witch. ;)

(And I don't mean that as a dig at Gracie. But rather it amuses me the amount of flak Gracie's got for skating to music that "doesn't suit her." And Liza gets criticised for skating to music that does. Damned if you do, damned if you don't... )

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ha! tut tut tut with the personal attacks :sarcasm:

Remember of course that a Canadian woman won a medal at the last Olympics and outskated the Russian women this year at the Japan Open. But whatever....

Liza still has a chance for the team IMO, she will probably go to Euros with Adelina and Julia and the best two will go to the Olympics. It's actually kind of a shame, dare I say it, that the US and not Russia has a 3rd ladies spot since really Russia's ladies team is really stronger overall (but that's not the way qualification works). Liza's jumps are still high and powerful (at least when I saw her at Finlandia this year) and should get higher GOEs that Julia's, which are less impressive (but more consistent!), if of course Liza lands them. I just think Liza does herself no favours with the components scores, she has great choreographers but no artistic range (more Latin music, again??? And in BOTH the SP and FP, no less!). Shame if she doesn't make it though, she is fun and sassy on the ice and I bet she's a hoot in person!

have you seen Tuks jumps lately ? they are not high anymore probably because of her body and weight change
Sotnikova is the one with big jumps with bad technique of course. that's a joke if you think Tuk can have the same PCS as Julia

Tuks PCS when she does well is in 28/59 and 27/57 if she bombs
and she probably wont make Euros Team this year too
its an uphill battle for her this season and her worst transition year so far

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
have you seen Tuks jumps lately ? they are not high anymore probably because of her body and weight change
Sotnikova is the one with big jumps with bad technique of course. that's a joke if you think Tuk can have the same PCS as Julia

Tuks PCS when she does well is in 28/59 and 27/57 if she bombs
and she probably wont make Euros Team this year too
its an uphill battle for her this season and her worst transition year so far

I don't think Liza will (or should) get PCS close to Julia's. Julia's spins are WAY better and her overall choreography and presentation/execution is much better too. I only made the point that Liza's jumps are/were higher and stronger so she should get good GOEs on this *if she lands them*. She should make the Euros team, I think she is in a better position than Pogorilaya or for sure Leonova.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't think Liza will (or should) get PCS close to Julia's. Julia's spins are WAY better and her overall choreography and presentation/execution is much better too. I only made the point that Liza's jumps are/were higher and stronger so she should get good GOEs on this *if she lands them*. She should make the Euros team, I think she is in a better position than Pogorilaya or for sure Leonova.

the protocols tells otherwise Julia is getting as much GOE as Tuk can with her jumps
Pogorilaya made the GPF and her SB is higher than Tuk, I don't see how Anna is not in a good position than Tuk

they have equal international PCS marks too

Macassar88

Medalist
um...because it has happened before from certain countries that shall not be named? Anyone has the right to question the age of athletes when there are cause for the suspicion. Moreover, I did not "accuse" anybody, I expressed my suspicion. Given the track record the countries concerned, you will please forgive my skepticism. Feel free to disagree with me, I am not running to the police anytime soon.

So you're saying that because one authoritarian government did it that the rest must as well? So you must be a serial killer because there are serial killers from Canada... :rolleye:

Matilda

Medalist
When Liza is on, she is wonderful to watch. I would definitely not write her off--she's only 17! She is very talented and probably still adjusting to the changes in her body. I hope she will come back roaring next year!

And I don't ever again want to hear anyone suggesting that Liza needs to lose weight! She's not wispy, but when you see her live, it's obvious the girl is tiny--petite but strong.

coppertop1

On the Ice
When Liza is on, she is wonderful to watch. I would definitely not write her off--she's only 17! She is very talented and probably still adjusting to the changes in her body. I hope she will come back roaring next year!

And I don't ever again want to hear anyone suggesting that Liza needs to lose weight! She's not wispy, but when you see her live, it's obvious the girl is tiny--petite but strong.

It's really pretty sad when a teenager is trying to adjust to her new body and now she should just step aside. Is that the fate that awaits Radionova and Lipnitskaia if they have trouble when their body changes? Sad.

I'm so sick of the whole lose weight argument. It's clear she has little fat on her, just a solid build. If she's fat then we're all doomed. The constant jibes on weight are really immature and a large part of the reason why teen girls develop eating disorders. It's enough pressure for her without any implication that she's too heavy.

bsfan

On the Ice
I really hope Lisa can do better than what she is doing now. She doesn't look heavy due to her relatively long limbs. While she looks normal compared to other teenagers, she looks overweight to me as skater. This makes her lack of lines and her jumps are not stable as before. Hope she will slim down and come back strong, with better programs.