Tuktamysheva's Career | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's Career

LRK

Record Breaker
Liza chose the Latin themes. The skaters make the music choices.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of some Mishin-bashing.

I wouldn't mind her branching out and trying different sorts of music - but right now I think the focus should be on getting her confidence in her jumps back. After that she can experiment - and I hope she does. I just don't think now was the time to push her further out of her comfort zone. All things can't be fixed at once. Sometimes one needs a little patience.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, poor Liza... Get well, and rest - and come back next season with fresh energy and confidence!

I suppose that if it had to happen it's better that it did so at the tail end of the season - this will give her longer to heal, and less temptation to come back to the ice prematurely.

Well said, LRK! :clap: I couldn't have put it better myself!

Liza LP, fall at 2 min mark, looks like she came down on her right ankle all wrong http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUjaUiznBS9O3SeqwqlIc4UQ&v=MgqdNt4SXS4&feature=player_detailpage

Thank you so much for linking to that video. It was so good to see how well Liza was skating before the fall.

And it was such an innocuous fall. After doing that combination so impressively, it looked like she just tripped.

I know I'm biased because I fancy her, but I was near in tears seeing how much pain she was in. :cry:

And I am really angry with Mishin - he didn't even attempt to help Liza! :mad: Could he not have opened the gate sooner, rather than leave her hanging onto the boards doubled up in pain?! Like, even when he did open it, he didn't even attempt to help her off the ice!

Shame on you, Alexei!

CaroLiza_fan

Mao88

Record Breaker
Sadly, it has been reported in this article, that Liza T has sustained a torn ankle ligament. How awful! Obviously, a serious injury. Really do hope she can come back from this

Amei

Record Breaker
Sadly, it has been reported in this article, that Liza T has sustained a torn ankle ligament. How awful! Obviously, a serious injury. Really do hope she can come back from this

Anyone know what the recovery time for a figure skater is for that type of injury?

*an interesting note that they said the second spot has yet to be announced for Worlds, is there some reason to suggest that Lipnitskaia might not be going?

Mao88

Record Breaker
Anyone know what the recovery time for a figure skater is for that type of injury?

*an interesting note that they said the second spot has yet to be announced for Worlds, is there some reason to suggest that Lipnitskaia might not be going?

Julia Lipnitskaya has now also confirmed that she will be competing at World (see article). Hence, Russia's 2 entrants for Worlds will be Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya. Maxim Kovtun will be the sole representative in the Men's event

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And I am really angry with Mishin - he didn't even attempt to help Liza! :mad: Could he not have opened the gate sooner, rather than leave her hanging onto the boards doubled up in pain?! Like, even when he did open it, he didn't even attempt to help her off the ice!

Yes, he did. I think he was not supposed to open the gate while the music continued, but then it became apparent that even though Liza was clearly in trouble they weren't going to stop it, so he opened the gate.

gmyers

Record Breaker

I know Liza likes tangos but maybe mishin could've just said no or whatever. Like "your pcs is going down and deteriorating time to do something else!"

Amei

Record Breaker

My big issue with Liza/Mishin combination is that I don't feel that I have seen her skating, musical interpretation, or technique improve from when she first stepped on the senior ranks in 2011.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I know Liza likes tangos but maybe mishin could've just said no or whatever. Like "your pcs is going down and deteriorating time to do something else!"

Just let Jeff Buttle have complete reign over her music and say "no more tangos!", then he can get really creative and edgy.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
I'm so sorry to hear about Liza's injury. A torn ligament may need surgery, yes? What a setback.

Depends on which ligament(s), how bad the tear is, resulting joint instability, etc. I went down on my left ankle exactly like that on a stupid fall. The ligament didn't give but I ended up breaking a couple bones instead. So from the looks of it it's most likely severe.

Depends on which ligament(s), how bad the tear is, resulting joint instability, etc. I went down on my left ankle exactly like that on a stupid fall. The ligament didn't give but I ended up breaking a couple bones instead. So from the looks of it it's most likely severe.

So she's out for a while. At least it's the end of the season, so she has time to recover and then recondition for 2015 and beyond. Poor kid; an injury is always bad, but in someone so young, it's especially distressing.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so depressing, Tuks career might go downwards further from here
shades of Rachel Flatt's career there

so depressing, Tuks career might go downwards further from here
shades of Rachel Flatt's career there

I don't think it's comparable, Sky. Rachael was older and was already devoting herself to university studies. I think Liza lives and breathes for skating, and she's younger and has no other chronic injuries that I know of. (Remember that Rachael has that ongoing back problem.)

I don't know what the prognosis is for this kind of surgery (assuming that surgery would be needed to reattach and strengthen the ligament, and some form of less invasive microsurgery could be possible, as it was for gymnast Mary Lou Retton just before the 1984 Olympics), but I don't think this injury is as dire as an ACL knee injury, and look how Daisuke came back from that injury. Don't give up on Liza yet!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't think it's comparable, Sky. Rachael was older and was already devoting herself to university studies. I think Liza lives and breathes for skating, and she's younger and has no other chronic injuries that I know of. (Remember that Rachael has that ongoing back problem.)

I don't know what the prognosis is for this kind of surgery (assuming that surgery would be needed to reattach and strengthen the ligament, and some form of less invasive microsurgery could be possible, as it was for gymnast Mary Lou Retton just before the 1984 Olympics), but I don't think this injury is as dire as an ACL knee injury, and look how Daisuke came back from that injury. Don't give up on Liza yet!

Oh Olympia, don't try to reason with sky...especially not about Liza.

Amei

Record Breaker
I hope she gets better and that her coaches are taking care of her psychologically. To cap off a bad year she gets a pretty serious injury, it's got to be tough knowing how deep the Russian ladies are.

She may not be my favorite skater but I would hate to see any skater's (or any other athlete) competitive career end prematurely due to injury.