Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 230

Thread: Tuktamysheva's Career

  1. #181
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Liza LP, fall at 2 min mark, looks like she came down on her right ankle all wrong http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...yer_detailpage
    As they awkwardly continue to play her music

  2. #182
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Liza chose the Latin themes. The skaters make the music choices.

    But let's not let the facts get in the way of some Mishin-bashing.
    I wouldn't mind her branching out and trying different sorts of music - but right now I think the focus should be on getting her confidence in her jumps back. After that she can experiment - and I hope she does. I just don't think now was the time to push her further out of her comfort zone. All things can't be fixed at once. Sometimes one needs a little patience.

  3. #183
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    As they awkwardly continue to play her music
    Yeah, she even had to gesture for them to stop it...

  4. #184
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Oh, poor Liza... Get well, and rest - and come back next season with fresh energy and confidence!

    I suppose that if it had to happen it's better that it did so at the tail end of the season - this will give her longer to heal, and less temptation to come back to the ice prematurely.
    Well said, LRK! I couldn't have put it better myself!

    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Liza LP, fall at 2 min mark, looks like she came down on her right ankle all wrong http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...yer_detailpage
    Thank you so much for linking to that video. It was so good to see how well Liza was skating before the fall.

    And it was such an innocuous fall. After doing that combination so impressively, it looked like she just tripped.

    I know I'm biased because I fancy her, but I was near in tears seeing how much pain she was in.

    And I am really angry with Mishin - he didn't even attempt to help Liza! Could he not have opened the gate sooner, rather than leave her hanging onto the boards doubled up in pain?! Like, even when he did open it, he didn't even attempt to help her off the ice!

    Shame on you, Alexei!

    CaroLiza_fan

  5. #185
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Sadly, it has been reported in this article, that Liza T has sustained a torn ankle ligament. How awful! Obviously, a serious injury. Really do hope she can come back from this

  6. #186
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Sadly, it has been reported in this article, that Liza T has sustained a torn ankle ligament. How awful! Obviously, a serious injury. Really do hope she can come back from this
    Anyone know what the recovery time for a figure skater is for that type of injury?

    *an interesting note that they said the second spot has yet to be announced for Worlds, is there some reason to suggest that Lipnitskaia might not be going?

  7. #187
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    I'm so sorry to hear about Liza's injury. A torn ligament may need surgery, yes? What a setback.

  8. #188
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Anyone know what the recovery time for a figure skater is for that type of injury?

    *an interesting note that they said the second spot has yet to be announced for Worlds, is there some reason to suggest that Lipnitskaia might not be going?
    Julia Lipnitskaya has now also confirmed that she will be competing at World (see article). Hence, Russia's 2 entrants for Worlds will be Sotnikova and Lipnitskaya. Maxim Kovtun will be the sole representative in the Men's event

  9. #189
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    And I am really angry with Mishin - he didn't even attempt to help Liza! Could he not have opened the gate sooner, rather than leave her hanging onto the boards doubled up in pain?! Like, even when he did open it, he didn't even attempt to help her off the ice!
    Yes, he did. I think he was not supposed to open the gate while the music continued, but then it became apparent that even though Liza was clearly in trouble they weren't going to stop it, so he opened the gate.

  10. #190
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Liza chose the Latin themes. The skaters make the music choices.

    But let's not let the facts get in the way of some Mishin-bashing.
    I know Liza likes tangos but maybe mishin could've just said no or whatever. Like "your pcs is going down and deteriorating time to do something else!"

  11. #191
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Liza chose the Latin themes. The skaters make the music choices.

    But let's not let the facts get in the way of some Mishin-bashing.
    My big issue with Liza/Mishin combination is that I don't feel that I have seen her skating, musical interpretation, or technique improve from when she first stepped on the senior ranks in 2011.

  12. #192
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I know Liza likes tangos but maybe mishin could've just said no or whatever. Like "your pcs is going down and deteriorating time to do something else!"
    Just let Jeff Buttle have complete reign over her music and say "no more tangos!", then he can get really creative and edgy.

  13. #193
    🌸🐱❄🐱❄🐱🌸 jennyanydots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about Liza's injury. A torn ligament may need surgery, yes? What a setback.
    Depends on which ligament(s), how bad the tear is, resulting joint instability, etc. I went down on my left ankle exactly like that on a stupid fall. The ligament didn't give but I ended up breaking a couple bones instead. So from the looks of it it's most likely severe.

  14. #194
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyanydots View Post
    Depends on which ligament(s), how bad the tear is, resulting joint instability, etc. I went down on my left ankle exactly like that on a stupid fall. The ligament didn't give but I ended up breaking a couple bones instead. So from the looks of it it's most likely severe.
    So she's out for a while. At least it's the end of the season, so she has time to recover and then recondition for 2015 and beyond. Poor kid; an injury is always bad, but in someone so young, it's especially distressing.

  15. #195
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,790
    "I went to get crutches... The next month, they are my best friends" - http://instagram.com/p/lEzyU-zQRy/

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •