Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 230

Thread: Tuktamysheva's Career

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    She's too strong a skater to dismiss because of a bad year. If her technique were letting her down it would be one thing, but I think learning to compete mentally and dealing with nerves has a learning curve, and you don't fix that all at once. She's younger than some other skaters who are considered to be on their way up (Gracie Gold, Samantha Cesario, Katelyn Osmond) so it seems silly to dismiss Liza as past her peak. Adelina is starting to really pull it together this season; I don't see why Liza can't also figure it out.
    I don't think anyone's dismissing her as a skater, I would certainly hope not, but rather saying that things are unlikely to pan out for her THIS SEASON. As you mentioned, she's still 16 and her time may well be 2018 or the quad leading into it. She's had a lot to deal with between the injuries, puberty, the pressure accompanied with bursting onto the scene at 14, and now from the added pressure of all the other talented girls popping up all over Russia and making it difficult for her to be adjusting to everything without sliding down the totem pole so to speak. She's handling the adjustments well and she does have a lot of talent, so I think we will see good things from her, maybe even better than we've seen already, in years to come, but the adjustment will take time and even if she does make the Olympics, she may well not be at her best there, but that's okay, it's all a process.

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Julia is already 5'2" but has NO hips and NO bust. She looks like a tallish 10-11 year-old girl who hasn't gone through puberty yet. Inevitably, Julia's body will change.

    It was said years ago that Liza would remain small as her family were all small. Yes, Liza is small, but she did grow, only out rather than up. Adelina grew up, then her body matured and she is still struggling to adjust to those changes.

    Sasha Cohen was a small girl and is still a small woman, but she struggled with her jumps early in her career as she went through that difficult pubescent stage.
    Agreed, Julia looks like a 10-11 year old girl, so much so that I am starting to wonder whether this is yet another case of falsified age for Olympic Games as they do in gymnastics. I guess we'll never know. Those authoritarian governments will stop at nothing for an Olympic medal.

  3. #33
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,964
    Oh please, don't be ridiculous. Julia clearly looks like what a 15 year old girl could be expected to look like. Maybe not a Canadian girl, but a girl nonetheless.

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Oh please, don't be ridiculous. Julia clearly looks like what a 15 year old girl could be expected to look like. Maybe not a Canadian girl, but a girl nonetheless.
    So, BoP, how does a 15 year old "Canadian girl" look like?

  5. #35
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,964
    You tell me, since you're the Canadian ultra-patriot who seems to be highly confused and jealous about a slim 15 year old Russian girl.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    You tell me, since you're the Canadian ultra-patriot who seems to be highly confused and jealous about a slim 15 year old Russian girl.
    chuckm is Canadian!? I think he may take offense to that.

    Seriously, you should know better. Canadian girls, just like American girls, come in over 100+ ethnicities. They don't look alike and there is not a set standard on how they should look like. For you to imply Canadian girls are all big & "mature" at 15 is just ill-informed.

  7. #37
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    chuckm is Canadian!? I think he may take offense to that.

    Seriously, you should know better. Canadian girls, just like American girls, come in over 100+ ethnicities. They don't look alike and there is not a set standard on how they should look like. For you to imply Canadian girls are all big & "mature" at 15 is just ill-informed.
    Nice double standards going on here. Julia looks young, so she must be underage, but you know, Canadians are a diverse bunch of people who mature at different ages. Are you sure you're not just bitter about Canada's lack of a ladies podium contender this time?

  8. #38
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Nice double standards going on here. Julia looks young, so she must be underage, but you know, Canadians are a diverse bunch of people who mature at different ages. Are you sure you're not just bitter about Canada's lack of a ladies podium contender this time?
    Oh, nonsense. You do know Kaetlyn Osmond is going to win the Platinum medal in Sochi?

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Nice double standards going on here. Julia looks young, so she must be underage, but you know, Canadians are a diverse bunch of people who mature at different ages. Are you sure you're not just bitter about Canada's lack of a ladies podium contender this time?
    What double standard? I am not the one who injected race/nationality into this, you gotta thank BoP for that. Regardless of her nationality, Julia doesn't look like a 15 year old to me. I think the one having double standard is you. Chuckm was the one who pointed it out, I was merely agreeing with his observation. I suppose we can imply that it's because the U.S. lacks a real contender, which prompted chuckm to make this up, right?

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Oh, nonsense. You do know Kaetlyn Osmond is going to win the Platinum medal in Sochi?
    You better worry that Japan will incorporate Sochi as : Jochi, Japan and inflate Asada's marks even more such that Yu Na can do nothing about. Japanese Corporations have successfully raised somebody's PCS by 10+ points in 3 weeks, they can do it for Asada too.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    Realsitically OSMOND will be lucky to be top ten. She is injured and hasn't really competed. Doesn't look good at all. HOwever, it appears ET might stay home and not qualify. Other than Julia the Russian ladies have not done all that well - though that is kind of a contradiction becaue they earned the majority of the GP spots.

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    You better worry that Japan will incorporate Sochi as : Jochi, Japan and inflate Asada's marks even more such that Yu Na can do nothing about. Japanese Corporations have successfully raised somebody's PCS by 10+ points in 3 weeks, they can do it for Asada too.
    You're being a bit inconsistent here. When Chan won competitions with glaring errors that should have affected his final placement, you had no qualms in defending the judging. Now you're blaming the judging at the GPF because Yuzuru won and Chan lost, or at least that Yuzuru's PCS are not what they should have been.

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    You're being a bit inconsistent here. When Chan won competitions with glaring errors that should have affected his final placement, you had no qualms in defending the judging. Now you're blaming the judging at the GPF because Yuzuru won and Chan lost.
    In case it was not obvious, it was a joke - in response to the Platinum medal non-sense. Anybody who seriously believe Putin would let anyone buy out Sochi, is well, detached from reality.

  14. #44
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    You better worry that Japan will incorporate Sochi as : Jochi, Japan and inflate Asada's marks even more such that Yu Na can do nothing about. Japanese Corporations have successfully raised somebody's PCS by 10+ points in 3 weeks, they can do it for Asada too.
    I have stopped worrying and have accepted the fact that Yuna's podium chances for Sochi are utterly doomed. It's obviously gonna be Asada, Lipnitskaia and Wagner in that order, as we all know the Grand Prix Final is a 100% accurate predictor of the Olympic podium.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Realsitically OSMOND will be lucky to be top ten. She is injured and hasn't really competed. Doesn't look good at all. HOwever, it appears ET might stay home and not qualify. Other than Julia the Russian ladies have not done all that well - though that is kind of a contradiction becaue they earned the majority of the GP spots.
    Russia only has 2 spots in ladies same as Canada, a fact that seems forgotten in this Russian ballerina buhaha.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •