Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuktamysheva's Career

Custom Title
    Thank you mathman, drivingmissdaidy and sliverlake for attempting to bring some sanity back. These accusations of age falsifications are sounding WAY too much like the 2008 Olympics. Accusing the home team that's loaded with talent of cheating. Julia packages herself appropriately which is refreshing to see. No need to overdo it at that age.

Back on topic here!! Liza isn't over yet, as said skaters HAVE peaked in their 20s. One example of a skater who struggled after growing then came back stronger, Irina Slutskaya. Liza may do that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I truly doubt Julia is lying about her age. Russia would have had to plan this a long time ago and it is only recently that she has become a standout skater. The country already had plenty of promising up-and-comers and it was only in the last few months that Julia has surpassed them all. There are tiny 15 years olds; she is no bigger than Tara or Sasha at that age. However, I do think if she grows wider she will have to alter her jump technique substantially to be able to rotate her triples.
    Looks like some people have figured out how to overdose on cheesy Angelina Jolie thrillers.

"The defector begins by saying that his name is Orlov and proceeds by telling her a story about a Russian espionage program set up during the Cold War in which children of American families were kidnapped then replaced with Russian children that had been trained to be sleeper cell spies by a Russian official in hopes of restoring Russia's dominance one day." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835/...f_=ttpl_pl_syn

Custom Title
    Not to mention, Russia has public webside with competitive results and dates of birth of all their elite skaters. Anyone can check that out, and for the last few years I have been doing it (and I think thousands of other people too). So if anyone wanted to falsificate Russian skaters ages, they would have to start when the skaters is perhaps 7-8 years old, because as soon as they start showing any promise (even if they are still in novice category) their date of birth is already in public domain. Therefore, the Russians would have to falsificate the dates of birth of everyone, because they wouldn't know who will make it and who won't. For example, there are included skaters who are 9-10 years old.

The webside:
    http://www.fskate.ru/skaters.html

If you click on any letter from the alphabet, you will get a list of skaters starting with that letter. Then you click on that name and get their date of birth, name of coach, competitive results etc.

Custom Title
    Silly people.

China is the place falsifying ages now, didn't you know?

(As an aside, I'm fairly sure there was actually a Chinese pair recently who were found to be not the ages they said they were - I think it ended up that he was 24 and she was 11 or something like that.)

Custom Title
    Really? I think that there are no falsifications here O_o And how could Rus Fed know that it would be Julia in the role of contender? Where is the logic?
    And going back to thread - I think that Tuk is really young and has loads of time to mature and to return her jumps. I hope she'll make it to Sochi.

Custom Title
    Some people just can't bear with others achievements when those "others" are not from their friendly countries.

No one questioned about Cohen's or Tara's age. They didn't look more mature than Julia by looking at their body. People questioned about gymnastics age in 2008 at least there were some sources that showed different b-days. Here has anyone found out in any source that Julia had different birthday listed?

I remember a while ago when Polina K. was breaking through, someone suspected her b-day was manipulated back to make her stay junior.

Banned
    Tuk's career is an example of how estrogen and body fat development affect a young skater who had all the rotational ability and flexibility in the world, only to lose it when she started to grow up.

Simple. By her appearance, ET looks like a girl who will have to struggle her whole life not to be overweight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Boi View Post
    Tuk's career is an example of how estrogen and body fat development affect a young skater who had all the rotational ability and flexibility in the world, only to lose it when she started to grow up.

Simple. By her appearance, ET looks like a girl who will have to struggle her whole life not to be overweight.
    to be fair, Tuk never was flexible, she always struggled with her back especially beillman spins were her problems even at 12
    but looks as though her body when fully mature could be like that of Elene Gedevanishvili

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    You better worry that Japan will incorporate Sochi as : Jochi, Japan and inflate Asada's marks even more such that Yu Na can do nothing about. Japanese Corporations have successfully raised somebody's PCS by 10+ points in 3 weeks, they can do it for Asada too.
    Joke or not, I don't think this is funny at all, and quite inappropriate. I get that this poster is anti-Japan/Japanese about everything, but, really?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Joke or not, I don't think this is funny at all, and quite inappropriate. I get that this poster is anti-Japan/Japanese about everything, but, really?
    wallylutz is known for as nationalist Canadian like skaterboy
    for Anti Japanese , Russophobic and dislike for American Ice Dancers

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Not to mention, Russia has public webside with competitive results and dates of birth of all their elite skaters. Anyone can check that out, and for the last few years I have been doing it (and I think thousands of other people too). So if anyone wanted to falsificate Russian skaters ages, they would have to start when the skaters is perhaps 7-8 years old, because as soon as they start showing any promise (even if they are still in novice category) their date of birth is already in public domain. Therefore, the Russians would have to falsificate the dates of birth of everyone, because they wouldn't know who will make it and who won't. For example, there are included skaters who are 9-10 years old.

The webside:
    http://www.fskate.ru/skaters.html

If you click on any letter from the alphabet, you will get a list of skaters starting with that letter. Then you click on that name and get their date of birth, name of coach, competitive results etc.
    Also, it's been my impression that we've been hearing about Julia for some years now, so we can trace her history pretty far back. She didn't just show up last year. (I know for sure that I've been trying to master the spelling of her last name for quite a few years.) So any implication about her age is really misplaced.

I would love for Mao or YuNa to win, but I can see and appreciate Julia's quality. Her program and her costume (thank goodness) are age-appropriate, and she has some wonderful qualities, though I will like her better when her style matures. But as far as her looks, she is like a lot of those wispy ballerina types who populate dance academies, and though many of them maintain this look by not eating much, they are indeed the age they claim they are.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    Some people just can't bear with others achievements when those "others" are not from their friendly countries.

I remember a while ago when Polina K. was breaking through, someone suspected her b-day was manipulated back to make her stay junior.
    It wasn't Polina K, it was Anna Shershak, the season when she placed 2nd at her JGP event. Why would she want to stay and compete among youngsters who were at that time quite strong, having the difficult triple-triple combinations (Russian junior ladies made podium sweep at JGPF that year) when Russian ladies did not have enough senior eligible ladies is beyond me. In juniors she was competing against Shelepen who could jump at that time and against Lipnitskaya. In seniors there was no one that strong.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    um...because it has happened before from certain countries that shall not be named? Anyone has the right to question the age of athletes when there are cause for the suspicion. Moreover, I did not "accuse" anybody, I expressed my suspicion. Given the track record the countries concerned, you will please forgive my skepticism. Feel free to disagree with me, I am not running to the police anytime soon.
    The birth certificate and record keeping in Russia and previously in the Soviet Union are very well organized and established as totally legitimate in every way!

Custom Title
    Here's Julia at age 11:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9goZhK_L0g

or 6 or 7 or so, apparently...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Boi View Post
    Nonono and a big NO. All the girls who look really thin too you in these figure skating costumes, are even slimer in reality with everyday clothes, Liza is a really thin girl with muscled body and if she wasnt a skater you would never mention her name with any overweight issues, please these ladies who are of different built than what FS 'accepts' like Elena G., Meite or Liza are too young and really petite to even imply something like having overweight issues.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast