Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 230

Thread: Tuktamysheva's Career

  1. #91
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Welcome, Panini! Post often, post long!



    A little bit off topic, but I am quite convinced that all elite track and field athletes are on performance enhancing drugs, if they can afford it. Just like we found out a few years ago that all cyclists are. It only makes sense. If you take performance enhancing drugs, your performance will be enhanced and you will win. If you don't, your performance is not enhanced and you lose.
    Haha, thank you for the warm welcome Oh I'm sure track & field athletes are all on some form of PED. Same for cyclists, swimmers, tennis players, etc. I just think using track record as the basis of suspicion is BS. American athletes get the innocent-until-proven-guilty treatment all the time, even though their track record is just as bad if not worse than the ones that get the guilty-until-proven-innocent treatment like Russia or China

  2. #92
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    lol, the bitter Canadians just keep coming
    then why did you said that if its a contradiction ?

    disappointing eh ? so where are the ladies Canadian medals ? oh yeah Canada has no ladies
    and the mighty Osmond that will crush all the Russian ladies is no more
    she is busy landing on her butt !!!

    Osmond is a Non Factor for Sochi
    boo hoo
    bo ho hu hu hu
    Ha! tut tut tut with the personal attacks

    Remember of course that a Canadian woman won a medal at the last Olympics and outskated the Russian women this year at the Japan Open. But whatever....

    Liza still has a chance for the team IMO, she will probably go to Euros with Adelina and Julia and the best two will go to the Olympics. It's actually kind of a shame, dare I say it, that the US and not Russia has a 3rd ladies spot since really Russia's ladies team is really stronger overall (but that's not the way qualification works). Liza's jumps are still high and powerful (at least when I saw her at Finlandia this year) and should get higher GOEs that Julia's, which are less impressive (but more consistent!), if of course Liza lands them. I just think Liza does herself no favours with the components scores, she has great choreographers but no artistic range (more Latin music, again??? And in BOTH the SP and FP, no less!). Shame if she doesn't make it though, she is fun and sassy on the ice and I bet she's a hoot in person!

  3. #93
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,645
    I've seen a lot of complaints about Liza's music choices. And I don't know... We're talking about a skater who is apparently suffering from nerves - in the SP especially. I doubt the best way to boost her confidence is to push her further out of her comfort zone. Plenty of time to experiment with being a pretty princess power witch.

    (And I don't mean that as a dig at Gracie. But rather it amuses me the amount of flak Gracie's got for skating to music that "doesn't suit her." And Liza gets criticised for skating to music that does. Damned if you do, damned if you don't... )

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by MalloryArcher View Post
    Ha! tut tut tut with the personal attacks

    Remember of course that a Canadian woman won a medal at the last Olympics and outskated the Russian women this year at the Japan Open. But whatever....

    Liza still has a chance for the team IMO, she will probably go to Euros with Adelina and Julia and the best two will go to the Olympics. It's actually kind of a shame, dare I say it, that the US and not Russia has a 3rd ladies spot since really Russia's ladies team is really stronger overall (but that's not the way qualification works). Liza's jumps are still high and powerful (at least when I saw her at Finlandia this year) and should get higher GOEs that Julia's, which are less impressive (but more consistent!), if of course Liza lands them. I just think Liza does herself no favours with the components scores, she has great choreographers but no artistic range (more Latin music, again??? And in BOTH the SP and FP, no less!). Shame if she doesn't make it though, she is fun and sassy on the ice and I bet she's a hoot in person!
    have you seen Tuks jumps lately ? they are not high anymore probably because of her body and weight change
    Sotnikova is the one with big jumps with bad technique of course. that's a joke if you think Tuk can have the same PCS as Julia

    Tuks PCS when she does well is in 28/59 and 27/57 if she bombs
    and she probably wont make Euros Team this year too
    its an uphill battle for her this season and her worst transition year so far

  5. #95
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    have you seen Tuks jumps lately ? they are not high anymore probably because of her body and weight change
    Sotnikova is the one with big jumps with bad technique of course. that's a joke if you think Tuk can have the same PCS as Julia

    Tuks PCS when she does well is in 28/59 and 27/57 if she bombs
    and she probably wont make Euros Team this year too
    its an uphill battle for her this season and her worst transition year so far
    I don't think Liza will (or should) get PCS close to Julia's. Julia's spins are WAY better and her overall choreography and presentation/execution is much better too. I only made the point that Liza's jumps are/were higher and stronger so she should get good GOEs on this *if she lands them*. She should make the Euros team, I think she is in a better position than Pogorilaya or for sure Leonova.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by MalloryArcher View Post
    I don't think Liza will (or should) get PCS close to Julia's. Julia's spins are WAY better and her overall choreography and presentation/execution is much better too. I only made the point that Liza's jumps are/were higher and stronger so she should get good GOEs on this *if she lands them*. She should make the Euros team, I think she is in a better position than Pogorilaya or for sure Leonova.
    the protocols tells otherwise Julia is getting as much GOE as Tuk can with her jumps
    Pogorilaya made the GPF and her SB is higher than Tuk, I don't see how Anna is not in a good position than Tuk

    they have equal international PCS marks too

  7. #97
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    um...because it has happened before from certain countries that shall not be named? Anyone has the right to question the age of athletes when there are cause for the suspicion. Moreover, I did not "accuse" anybody, I expressed my suspicion. Given the track record the countries concerned, you will please forgive my skepticism. Feel free to disagree with me, I am not running to the police anytime soon.
    So you're saying that because one authoritarian government did it that the rest must as well? So you must be a serial killer because there are serial killers from Canada...

  8. #98
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    348
    When Liza is on, she is wonderful to watch. I would definitely not write her off--she's only 17! She is very talented and probably still adjusting to the changes in her body. I hope she will come back roaring next year!

    And I don't ever again want to hear anyone suggesting that Liza needs to lose weight! She's not wispy, but when you see her live, it's obvious the girl is tiny--petite but strong.

  9. #99
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    When Liza is on, she is wonderful to watch. I would definitely not write her off--she's only 17! She is very talented and probably still adjusting to the changes in her body. I hope she will come back roaring next year!

    And I don't ever again want to hear anyone suggesting that Liza needs to lose weight! She's not wispy, but when you see her live, it's obvious the girl is tiny--petite but strong.
    It's really pretty sad when a teenager is trying to adjust to her new body and now she should just step aside. Is that the fate that awaits Radionova and Lipnitskaia if they have trouble when their body changes? Sad.

    I'm so sick of the whole lose weight argument. It's clear she has little fat on her, just a solid build. If she's fat then we're all doomed. The constant jibes on weight are really immature and a large part of the reason why teen girls develop eating disorders. It's enough pressure for her without any implication that she's too heavy.

  10. #100
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    169
    I really hope Lisa can do better than what she is doing now. She doesn't look heavy due to her relatively long limbs. While she looks normal compared to other teenagers, she looks overweight to me as skater. This makes her lack of lines and her jumps are not stable as before. Hope she will slim down and come back strong, with better programs.

  11. #101
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    I really hope Lisa can do better than what she is doing now. She doesn't look heavy due to her relatively long limbs. While she looks normal compared to other teenagers, she looks overweight to me as skater. This makes her lack of lines and her jumps are not stable as before. Hope she will slim down and come back strong, with better programs.
    I really don't think she looks "overweight as a skater." I think it's a question of body type--she is simply a little more curvy than some other girls in skating.

    She looks great here: http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Elizave...+1/TWncnbY3lhW

    Her body type is perhaps close to someone like Courtney Hicks: http://img.deseretnews.com/images/ar...61/1211261.jpg (Please Courtney, ditch those half-over-the-boots tights! You are a lovely girl with gorgeous legs--why spoil the effect?)

    Even skaters come in different body types. Thank goodness!

  12. #102
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop1 View Post
    It's really pretty sad when a teenager is trying to adjust to her new body and now she should just step aside. Is that the fate that awaits Radionova and Lipnitskaia if they have trouble when their body changes? Sad.

    I'm so sick of the whole lose weight argument. It's clear she has little fat on her, just a solid build. If she's fat then we're all doomed. The constant jibes on weight are really immature and a large part of the reason why teen girls develop eating disorders. It's enough pressure for her without any implication that she's too heavy.
    Exactly!

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    have you seen Tuks jumps lately ? they are not high anymore probably because of her body and weight change
    Sotnikova is the one with big jumps with bad technique of course. that's a joke if you think Tuk can have the same PCS as Julia

    Tuks PCS when she does well is in 28/59 and 27/57 if she bombs
    and she probably wont make Euros Team this year too
    its an uphill battle for her this season and her worst transition year so far
    Tuk's jumps have never been that big, apart from 2a. She's always had good technique but her jumps were never big. This season I feel like Pogorilaya's jumps are bigger. People forget and think that because Anna is skinny and gangly, that she must have tiny whippy jumps, but it isn't the case, the 2a is low but the rest of her jumps are quite big for a girl her size. The elevation on 3lz is impressive, her 3lz-3t combo is huge, she does it well, without an axel she can still score 60 points for her SP on the GP. Plus the biggest jump mistakes she's made in her FS this season are a popped axel and 2a stepout (CoC) and 2a stepout and a fully rotated 3f fall (GPF - affected her last spin and brought her over time but still only one major jump error in that program). Her TES has been 60+ for all her internationals this season meanwhile Liza only got TES of 50 for her FS at Golden Spin. Anna's spins are also better IMO as she is more flexible. I sort of feel like Anna deserves to go to Euros at this point unless Liza knocks it out of the park at Nationals and Anna is far from her best. Idk, the results of the whole season should be taken into account I feel like, and Anna was a lot more impressive than Liza this fall IMHO. Liza has plenty of time to get her groove back, but this just hasn't been her season.

  14. #104
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Tuk's jumps have never been that big, apart from 2a. She's always had good technique but her jumps were never big. This season I feel like Pogorilaya's jumps are bigger. People forget and think that because Anna is skinny and gangly, that she must have tiny whippy jumps, but it isn't the case, the 2a is low but the rest of her jumps are quite big for a girl her size. The elevation on 3lz is impressive, her 3lz-3t combo is huge, she does it well, without an axel she can still score 60 points for her SP on the GP. Plus the biggest jump mistakes she's made in her FS this season are a popped axel and 2a stepout (CoC) and 2a stepout and a fully rotated 3f fall (GPF - affected her last spin and brought her over time but still only one major jump error in that program). Her TES has been 60+ for all her internationals this season meanwhile Liza only got TES of 50 for her FS at Golden Spin. Anna's spins are also better IMO as she is more flexible. I sort of feel like Anna deserves to go to Euros at this point unless Liza knocks it out of the park at Nationals and Anna is far from her best. Idk, the results of the whole season should be taken into account I feel like, and Anna was a lot more impressive than Liza this fall IMHO. Liza has plenty of time to get her groove back, but this just hasn't been her season.
    When I saw Liza live her opening combo on the FS was nice and high. She does have good technique and the height is there when she's on. I haven't seen Anna much so I really don't want to compare too closely, but Liza has the benefit of more international experience and seems to be improving (is this the case with Anna? She had a rough GPF, no?) so although it's not a 100% sure thing it will be Liza on the Euros team I wouldn't count it out just yet.

  15. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by MalloryArcher View Post
    When I saw Liza live her opening combo on the FS was nice and high. She does have good technique and the height is there when she's on. I haven't seen Anna much so I really don't want to compare too closely, but Liza has the benefit of more international experience and seems to be improving (is this the case with Anna? She had a rough GPF, no?) so although it's not a 100% sure thing it will be Liza on the Euros team I wouldn't count it out just yet.
    her jumps are MIA this season
    and her programs are the same tango and latin themes
    how is that improvement

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •