Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did Mao and Hanyu qualify for the Olympics this weekend?

Custard Title
    Wow, she's skipping 4CC for the first time since 2008. But it's smart; she's finally learned that she needs to not tire herself out.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada
    Wow, she's skipping 4CC for the first time since 2008. But it's smart; she's finally learned that she needs to not tire herself out.
    Maybe her injury has something to do with that too... makes me extra glad she's skipping 4CC! Japan has 3 other ladies to send anyway.

I'm pretty sure regardless of how well Mao does at Nationals, her spot is guaranteed. Even if she completely bombs (knock on wood) for some reason, I'm pretty sure the jfed would never ever give her spot to someone else. She's really the only realistic medal contender for Sochi (for ladies). No, not even Suzuki (sorry Suzuki fans). Anyway, the question is, who are the other two ladies? Probably Suzuki and Kanako or possibly Miki.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Or maybe it's because the date is way too close to the olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    Thanks for the info! I think these are both good decisions for her personally, but of course for the Japan to medal in the olympic team event it would be the best if she also skated the LP there, though it would be too tiring for her I guess. Skipping 4cc is smart - she has already had lots of competitions and needs more time.
    Japan has 1% chance to medal at the team event, because unfortutnatly their strenght are singles and that is not enough. You have more well rounded teams like Canada , America and Russia that will most likely medal. My money is on Russia. They have the best pair team, good dance team and good singles

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Japan has 1% chance to medal at the team event, because unfortutnatly their strenght are singles and that is not enough. You have more well rounded teams like Canada , America and Russia that will most likely medal. My money is on Russia. They have the best pair team, good dance team and good singles
    I think having Mao skate the SP is more about getting one performance under her belt and giving her enough rest before the Ladies' event, rather than having her try to win a team medal. If Japan were in the hunt I'm confident she would skate the LP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2