Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If Volosozhar & Trankov were to somehow not win the OGM, might they stay for 2018?

Banned

If Volosozhar & Trankov were to somehow not win the OGM, might they stay for 2018?

While even after today I still expect V&T will likely win the OGM in Sochi, there is atleast the possability they wont to the extent it is worth discussing the possability without breaking into a fit of laughter. So if V&T somehow dont win the OGM in Sochi do you think they would stay for 2018? I think they would. They seem like real fighters and I couldnt see them retiring without the OGM if it came to that. Which would be great for the pairs event if that happened, and almost makes me wonder whether I want them to win the gold in Sochi or not as all 3 of S&S, V&T, and P&T retiring would be a HUGE blow to pairs skating, and those other two definitely are.

Tripping on the Podium
    There were interviews in which they pretty much said the wanted to stay in any case. AFAIr, there was only one interview in which Tatiana said she wasn't sure because she really wants a baby.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    There were interviews in which they pretty much said the wanted to stay in any case. AFAIr, there was only one interview in which Tatiana said she wasn't sure because she really wants a baby.
    Arent they a couple now? I wonder if they would have the baby together.

Banned
    I dont know for how long if its until 2018
    but after the Sochi Olympics, yes in interviews they plan on continuing

Custom Title
    This is GREAT news if they are planning to continue their career!! Wow, I somehow thought that they continue only until Sochi. They are a very adorable couple and great skaters. They're also lovely with their fans and always remember to thank them (they have lots of fans in Japan for example). I noticed from Max's instagram that there's a Japanese girl who follows them to many competitions and gives them really adorable and creative presents Japanese skating fans are amazing! No wonder why skaters love competing and skating in shows in Japan.

If I remember correct we've discussed earlier who are the ones retiring after Olympics. I'd really appreciate if someone could post here the link to that thread!

Custom Title
    Tatiana is 27 and Maxim is 30. They would be 31 and 34 in 2018. They could continue, but the possibility of career-ending injury grows with age.

Custom Title
    Well Pian and Tong are in their 30s and they stuck it out, so why not? Shen/Zhao came back at 31 and 36. I would think they'd play it by ear after this year.

I think they will stay if they don't win. They are getting older but haven't been together that long. Plus with S/S and P/T retiring (has this been confirmed?), who else is really their competition? Peng/Zhang aren't going to come up that fast and even if the two Canadian teams stay in they will not lose to them if they keep up the same level of skating.

Custom Title
    No

As long as they don't skate to Jesus Chris Superstar again, I'd be happy to see them skate any time.

Custom Title
    It would be SO great if they stayed in!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    As long as they don't skate to Jesus Chris Superstar again, I'd be happy to see them skate any time.

31+34=65 is stille being younger than P/T 33+34=67 today, so, yes, they could become the first Pairs team to win two consecutive OGMs since Rodnina/Zaitsev (because we all know that, if S/S and P/T retire, there's no-one that can compete with them, simply because of the PCS)

Custom Title
    I think they'll stay on either way.

Rinkside
    From what they have recently said in an interview, they want to compete at the 2018 Olympic Games in Korea, whether they win in Sochi or not.

I hope Max and Tanya don't change their mind, after all, is still a long way to go until 2018, but it would be exciting to see them compete. They still feel young, they look young too, and aren't partners for that long, so it would be great to see them show more together.

Custom Title
    They add nothing to the sport except questionable PCS and get my blood boiled. So they should retire today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast