Thread: Skating spinner

Skating spinner

I'm thinking of buying a skating spinner, does anyone have one and have you found it to be especially beneficial?

Rinkside
    i got a spinner a little while ago. i use it on and off, but i do find that by using it in front of a mirror I can see what im doing wrong and correct it and make a note of it for the next time i go on the ice. My problem with it is that i keep falling backwards on it, but on the ice i fall forwards. i find it difficult trying to do the backspin on the spinner but my other spins have improved because of it. i think its beneficial in the long run, but it does take a while to get used to it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sKATIEluv View Post
    i got a spinner a little while ago. i use it on and off, but i do find that by using it in front of a mirror I can see what im doing wrong and correct it and make a note of it for the next time i go on the ice. My problem with it is that i keep falling backwards on it, but on the ice i fall forwards. i find it difficult trying to do the backspin on the spinner but my other spins have improved because of it. i think its beneficial in the long run, but it does take a while to get used to it.
    Welcome to Golden Skate, sKATIEluv!