Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Yuna's free program to Adios Nonino - Review

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bmelanie View Post
    I rather think Ven was referring to the number of hours in total that Yuna - or any skater, for that matter - spends on a single program to perfect it. And the fact that Yuna has been injured. (Though, that being said, she hasn't taken a single break since last Worlds.)
    And I was criticizing what I see. If I see Rome BC, should I say, damn, what a shantytown?
    If she perfects it, opinion might change. So I am puzzled what Rome has to do with anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    So I am puzzled
    Cannot believe it

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    And I was criticizing what I see. If I see Rome BC, should I say, damn, what a shantytown?
    If she perfects it, opinion might change. So I am puzzled what Rome has to do with anything.
    Eh? The meaning is that it takes time to build something great. This is the program's first outing with relatively little practice and few run-through's. And yes, even though Wilson might have developed it in a day or so, it takes a bit longer to refine it, and for the performer to fully grasp and digest it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Cannot believe it

Custom Title
    Cannot believe it
    Suspend your disbelief

Banned
    OK all of you FS experts you probably know more about this than me but, isn't there a bonus for jumps after 2:30 mark or something? I think maybe that's why I'm feeling the momentum disjointed from before this point to after, as if the jump 3+2 is just forced in at that point. But really, if I start the program at the lead into the jump, the rest of it has magic, the lack of intensity by Yuna this time not withstanding. But if I watch the whole program, then this critical "tentpole" of the program feels rushed.

Cannot believe it
    FlattFan is a bit blunt and loves to rile us Yuna ubers. Don't fall for it!

Banned

Banned
    It really is quite amazing if you start watching later in the program. I'll use this video as reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-LuRoxUhQw#t=217, since it's linked on Yuna's fb page.

But anyway, start the video at 2:54 and just watch from that point on. It really does come off well, but at least for me, starting at the beginning and watching to the end just seems disjointed.

Edit: scratch that, I noticed one thing in the back end of the program that still bugs me -- the spiral when the music goes dead. Really don't care for this at all, to be honest.

Must say, she will get beauty points. As usual. She looks tired and to be kind, the dress is to die for, and she is a vision, but Zagreb scoring was over the top. This is not right. I am amazed how meh this is. Loved Les Miz. In a fair world several skaters should beat this, but they want her to get gold. She is beloved in fs community.

So sexy, sensual. Men in S Korea must dream of her. Nice to be young AND rich, eh? Well, looks like injury may be a factor still. Julia must be all hoppy happy -she could win this. Thanks for vid, we have waited so long to see her offerings. I wish she'd get rid of I spin-do a scratch. It looks hard for her. Now I want to see Lulu's version, keep on yuna!

Banned
    OK I'm just going to keep talking to myself until I get tired of watching the program (probably never). Again for reference I'm just going to start at 2:54 (YT video) because I can feel the program from that point on.

First, I think the 3+2 misses the music because of the bonus. She does it right at 2:30 to pick up the bonus (if this is wrong, please correct me), but the music feels like the timing of the jump should be sooner. I'm not sure how they can fix that. But I feel like when the music really picks up into her signature layback ina bauer into 3+2+2, that's the tentpole of the entire program, the best part. It can't be rushed, and the program really needs to build and feel cohesive towards that moment.

And dang, I wish she would do the arm aloft like in Gershwin, I always loved that move.

Moving on, I like when Yuna turns around and quickly puts her arm in the air. Looks like fierce tango here, but afterward she loses the program for a few seconds and does nothing. She looks really tired for a moment. I think she could engage the program better from there until she starts the lead in to her next jump.

Her poses around 3:40 look good, she can probably do better here too, but that will come in the Olympics.

Someone like Blades can better critique her layback, but I'd like to see it faster, with acceleration, given the music at this part.

Ahhhh -- that dreaded spiral when the music goes dead. I don't like this part.

I think in the last choreo sequence, after she puts her leg in the air, she should come out of it and continue with another spin or twizzle or two before going into her final 2A.
    I know it would be more difficult but I think would work better.

That's all I've got!

Custom Title
    I know this is out of topic, but does anybody know if Yuna will attend another competition before the Olympics like 4CC? I'm a Korean but I couldn't find any articles about that.
    Before Golden Spin, I was quite sure that she won't attend either Korean nationals or 4CC, but this competition was a lot smaller than I thought...
    And I think she should check her program once more when she finishes improving her outfits, choreography, stamina, etc

About her LP yesterday, I was very pleased with her choreography and construction-she just needs more strength to pull them off. (more speed and bigger moves) Also it was visible that she wasn't focused on those because of her jump mistake and trying to make that up afterwards. After watching the 2013 worlds I don't worry too much-if she performs this LP like that too, I'm sure it will become one of her greatest programs She's been doing this for ages, she knows what she's doing.
    +I love her music choices-wasn't really sure of Adios Nonino at first, but it 's greater the more I hear it. But I'm teeny bit disappointed with her dresses......I hope she fixes them a bit

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Must say, she will get beauty points. As usual. She looks tired and to be kind, the dress is to die for, and she is a vision, but Zagreb scoring was over the top. This is not right. I am amazed how meh this is. Loved Les Miz. In a fair world several skaters should beat this, but they want her to get gold. She is beloved in fs community.

So sexy, sensual. Men in S Korea must dream of her. Nice to be young AND rich, eh? Well, looks like injury may be a factor still. Julia must be all hoppy happy -she could win this. Thanks for vid, we have waited so long to see her offerings. I wish she'd get rid of I spin-do a scratch. It looks hard for her. Now I want to see Lulu's version, keep on yuna!
    Who could've possibly beaten her at this event anyway? She had an 11 pt lead over Miki (#2). She was going to win no matter what.

Even if we compared her LP to how GPF ladies did, well... what's there to say? None of their performances were all that fabulous, and Julia was the ONLY one who didn't fall (but got a low PCS for being "new") though Amana was quite generous w/ e for her.

Just men in S Korea? :-P It's always nice to be young and rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I know this is out of topic, but does anybody know if Yuna will attend another competition before the Olympics like 4CC? I'm a Korean but I couldn't find any articles about that.
    Before Golden Spin, I was quite sure that she won't attend either Korean nationals or 4CC, but this competition was a lot smaller than I thought...
    And I think she should check her program once more when she finishes improving her outfits, choreography, stamina, etc

About her LP yesterday, I was very pleased with her choreography and construction-she just needs more strength to pull them off. (more speed and bigger moves) Also it was visible that she wasn't focused on those because of her jump mistake and trying to make that up afterwards. After watching the 2013 worlds I don't worry too much-if she performs this LP like that too, I'm sure it will become one of her greatest programs She's been doing this for ages, she knows what she's doing.
    +I love her music choices-wasn't really sure of Adios Nonino at first, but it 's greater the more I hear it. But I'm teeny bit disappointed with her dresses......I hope she fixes them a bit
    No one knows at this point. She's taking it day by day based on her condition and progress. She may or may not have another competition. Timing-wise, Korean Nats may be better, but if feedback and testing her programs is the goal, another international competition in front of international judges would be better.

Banned
    Gah, one last thing for me to say. I notice now that her energy will need to be greater in the last half or third of her program from earlier parts. I feel like she can start out subdued, but will need to express fire and energy late in the program. Of course that's counter to nature, because even at peak condition she will tend to become more tired toward the end, but if anyone can pull off such a feat, it would be Yuna.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast