Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Yuna's free program to Adios Nonino - Review

Tripping on the Podium
    At first, I was disappointed. Although I didn't expect Yuna's Adios Nonino to be like Roxanne de Tango but to be something like Jeff Buttle's Adios Nonino. It could have been much more intense and dramatic. It would be better at her best condition but I'm not sure about how far this program can get.

Custom Title
    I loved her LP. I think it's special. She did very well in her first event since the injury, and did exactly what she aimed for entering the event - give solid performances and get feedbacks with level checks. I have no doubt she will be ready by Feb for fine-tuned and better performances. Job well done Yuna, and congrats on the successful launch of the final season.

Quote Originally Posted by bmelanie View Post
    Interview with Yuna on Korean news / whole post
    Thanks for the translation, bmelanie. Very candid and humble words from her. It's really touching how she feels about her future beyond skating. Everytime I read about what she says or does, I can't help but feel what a wholesome person she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    The program itself is beautiful and a perfect farewell piece for a champion like Yu-Na at the Olympic stage. I consider this David's best of the best. I love the music cut/editing. If someone does not see the potential, too bad.
    ITA
    I wonder if Yuna fans, having waited so long to see her new programs, are just working out their own protracted anticipation-induced anxiety by finding faults with this program, in an attempt to understand their post-traumatic fan syndrome.

Banned
    No. I'm in love with the SP. I'd suggest a couple of small improvements, but overall I think it's her and David's best ever. The LP is just all over the place.

Custom Title
    It's a great program, and she performed it beautifully. With more time, it can become a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    ITA
    I wonder if Yuna fans, having waited so long to see her new programs, are just working out their own protracted anticipation-induced anxiety by finding faults with this program, in an attempt to understand their post-traumatic fan syndrome.
    LOL. Lest you think I'm finding faults, I actually love it. There are parts that I think needs improvement (step sequence, choreographic sequence), but this has not shaken my uberness.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    I don't like it. When the music started I was thinking about Liza Tuk's Adios Nonino, and how much fire she had performing that SP her first senior GP season, and Yuna really does not have anything on Liza.
    I agree that this piece of music simply remind me of Liza's program that she used not just for one season. I do like the opening portion of the program which sounds somber and mature.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    And all those who keep insisting on "faking", injury or humility, candidness or publicity, better take this to heart.
    Agreed. She's really one of the most down-to-earth athletes - I was so struck by how she never made too much of her injury, simply that there was one and that it was a common thing for athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by bmelanie View Post
    Interview with Yuna on Korean news...

Q. Aren't you nervous about post-career life?
    A. I am nervous. I've been figure skating since I was 7. I've never done anything else. I don't know if I'll be good at anything else. I'm afraid of starting from a blank page.
    The same blank page that Michelle Kwan faced, and look at her now! In the short run, Yuna has her responsibilities to the 2018 winter Olympic games, her commitment as a spokesperson for Unicef, and who knows how many other irons in the fire.

After that, I can't wait to see how her "long program" unfolds.

Rinkside
    I saw a modest and refined beauty based on masterful skating skill in the Yuna's lp, though Yuna was a little bit cautious. Especially Her stepsquence was more beautiful and skillful than any other ladys for me. And I think it will be more improved. Many people seem to have a fixed idea about tango.

I think people are being way too hard on her. She recently had a minor injury and this was her first competition of this season. I think missing her 3-3 in the beginning really messed her up. She looked like she was surprised and didn't expect that to happen. Also, last year most people said bad things about her programs. Initially, I didn't like it either, but look what happened lol. She completely nailed her performance at the Worlds. She just needs to work on it and practice more. I'm also glad that she's going to compete at Korean nationals. It's going to help her a lot

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The same blank page that Michelle Kwan faced, and look at her now! In the short run, Yuna has her responsibilities to the 2018 winter Olympic games, her commitment as a spokesperson for Unicef, and who knows how many other irons in the fire.

After that, I can't wait to see how her "long program" unfolds.
    Yes, I can really sympathize now with how Michelle fans must have felt 8 years ago.

I get the whole picture & air that Yuna intends to convey (but failed to render well at Golden Spin). But I cannot express well that here with my crap English.
    Anyways, key is what Yuna performs at the best condition. There should not be nervousness and lack of stamina/confidence. As can see from that Yuna's Gershwin at bad condition gives very different impression from Gershwin at good condition unlike her Schehe etc.
    So I pray for Yuna's health & good conditioning.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamie View Post
    I saw a modest and refined beauty based on masterful skating skill in the Yuna's lp, though Yuna was a little bit cautious. Especially Her stepsquence was more beautiful and skillful than any other ladys for me. And I think it will be more improved. Many people seem to have a fixed idea about tango.
    Welcome to Golden Skate, bellamie!

Custom Title
    Yuna's lp is a work in progress. It is mellowing like fine wine. She will develop the nuances and have more confidence int he program and it will show with conviction once she practices and competes with it more. don't worry Yuna fans.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast