Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Yuna's free program to Adios Nonino - Review

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    And all those who keep insisting on "faking", injury or humility, candidness or publicity, better take this to heart.
    You just took the words out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by dyu View Post
    You just took the words out of my mouth.
    Only a few people in this forum insuniated Yuna was faking injury. However, what I think is that people quoestioned the severity of the injury. People like Carolina, Elizavetha and even Elena at the NHK trophy performed with injuries. So, Yes Yuna was injured, but because she does not need to prove anything, she chose to skip the GP. Because correct me if I am wrong before in 2008 she had severe back pain and still attended most of the events.
    I dont think the GP circut excite Yuna Kim anyomore because she does have enough of those medals and I will say it again. Nothing else to prove.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The same blank page that Michelle Kwan faced, and look at her now! In the short run, Yuna has her responsibilities to the 2018 winter Olympic games, her commitment as a spokesperson for Unicef, and who knows how many other irons in the fire.

After that, I can't wait to see how her "long program" unfolds.
    Didn't she say she wanted to be on the IOC committee someday? Well as so many champions before her, she could become a skating commentator in the future.

Custom Title
    And it's pretty much official. She says she's considering/probably going to be

at Korean nationals...

People who are not fond of Yuna's program should ask themselves, which skater in current discipline can perform Yuna's program? IMHO, there's no other skater who can perform Yuna's LP. No one has the enough stamina(heck Yuna doesn't even have it 100% yet), quality of the jumps, and the power to execute this program. So they should think this before criticize this program. Of course, Yuna wasn't perfect at Golden Spin, but pretty sure no one can replicate a program like hers. Again, I'm not saying she's perfect, but no ones comes even close to her performance at Golden Spin. Imagine what she can do if her condition is at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    People who are not fond of Yuna's program should ask themselves, which skater in current discipline can perform Yuna's program? IMHO, there's no other skater who can perform Yuna's LP. No one has the enough stamina(heck Yuna doesn't even have it 100% yet), quality of the jumps, and the power to execute this program. So they should think this before criticize this program. Of course, Yuna wasn't perfect at Golden Spin, but pretty sure no one can replicate a program like hers. Again, I'm not saying she's perfect, but no ones comes even close to her performance at Golden Spin. Imagine what she can do if her condition is at 100%
    Uh, no they shouldn't. This is a thread about how people feel about her program to Adios Nonino. It should not be influenced by whether or not you think other people can do it better, but whether or not she can improve on it.

"I don't like this program."
    "Well, can anyone else do it like she can."
    "I guess you're right. I like it now because my opinion is influenced by how her competitors might perform to this program."

Yeah, no.

I hardly think those who are not fond of it should make their decision on who could or could not hypothetically do it better. That's just a dumb way to look at things.

And it stands now, this program needs revision and improvement, no matter who she is. Period.

Imagine how Kostner skating a perfect seven-clean-triples Bolero would be but (VERY SADLY) she has never done it and there is a small chance that she'll ever skate a program as challenging as Bolero (3S after 3:50 minutes of competition!) cleanly with 7 triples... But still this doesn't make her mistakes less important

Banned
    Yuna is the greatest skater of all time, my favorite. I'm sure that by the Olympics she will have it all figured out and perform her very best. That said, there's nothing wrong with having reservations about her LP in its unfinished form. I'm more than satisfied with her season debut, and just wish she will do better at the Olympics, both technically and mastering the program itself. Imagine if she had skated same at Worlds last year as NRW, how the world would have been deprived of one of the greatest performances of all-time!

And someone else said elsewhere I talk about the same things for the last 2 days...for one weekend in 9 months I get to gush and nitpick over my favorite's new programs. I won't apologize for it.

"Clean" version of Adios Nonino in black and white: https://vimeo.com/81298908 (Same link as the original post, but new version)

I am often confused whether you are a yunafan or fake fan.
    Forgive me if I was rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    "Clean" version of Adios Nonino in black and white: https://vimeo.com/81298908 (Same link as the original post, but new version)
    Ooh thanks for that! It looks lovely and I think it's going to be another masterpiece after she works on it more. Oh btw you forgot to change that 3Lz-2T into a solo 3Lz :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    I assume you did this, Krislite? Like it a lot and I would be content with it as a FIRST look performance. But it still looks like it needs some personality and fire even if it is podium worthy. I have this fantasy of a beautiful Olympic "swan song" by YuNa and this performance doesn't match the one of my "dreams" that I know she is CAPABLE of. But I am encouraged; it has so much potential.

Custom Title
    Look at Lulu's version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFE9FTaq9PA

Her ending pose. Her elegance. what a treat. Yuna's TES are so superior to Lulu's, but the performance aspect is much lower. I wish David could put some more thought into the program. Yuna should be able to create a mood, and blow everyone's mind with her TES at the same time.

Well, Mao has enough stamina to perform a program like this, Mao does 4 triples jumps after the min 2, Yuna does 2, Mao finish her program with a great step sequence, fast, at timing with the music and this is the last section of the program when each figure skater is really tired. And this with spins and step seq level 4.
    I definitly don´t think Yuna´s program is more difficult or demanding than Mao´s program

Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    Well, Mao has enough stamina to perform a program like this, Mao does 4 triples jumps after the min 2, Yuna does 2, Mao finish her program with a great step sequence, fast, at timing with the music and this is the last section of the program when each figure skater is really tired. And this with spins and step seq level 4.
    I definitly don´t think Yuna´s program is more difficult or demanding than Mao´s program
    Mao has been training rigorously and without any interruption since the beginning of the season. Of course her stamina is a lot better than Yuna's. But it's not like Yuna has no time to build her condition to 100%. She's got 2 and half months until the ladies event in Sochi. Quite enough time, I'll say.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast