Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Japanese Nationals 2013-2014 Dates and Schedule?

Custom Title
    Any links to live webcasts for Japanese nationals?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    That said, I totally think it's possible for Ice Network to get sub-broadcasting rights to Japanese nationals from the television network or direct broadcasting rights from JSF one of these years. I'm sure they'd love the opportunity (and funds) that come with exposing it to a broader audience.

For example, given the popularity of Korean dramas in the U.S., the broadcasting stations in Korea has extended rights to those dramas to livestreaming sites like Drama Fever.
    Korea and Japan are completely different in regards to these things. You see Korean dramas but you almost never see Japanese dramas broadcast on a livestreaming site in the US, I think there's maybe one a season. It would take a very, very long time if ever before Japanese nats would be streamed in ice network or anything else like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I don't think people in Japan are going to get a live stream! IIRC in the past they've taped delayed everything so Fuji TV (I think they're the ones broadcasting it) could show it in primetime. So any stream would be the tape delay television version.

That said, I totally think it's possible for Ice Network to get sub-broadcasting rights to Japanese nationals from the television network or direct broadcasting rights from JSF one of these years. I'm sure they'd love the opportunity (and funds) that come with exposing it to a broader audience.

For example, given the popularity of Korean dramas in the U.S., the broadcasting stations in Korea has extended rights to those dramas to livestreaming sites like Drama Fever.

Also it's worth noting that Japanese television stations have broadcasted U.S. Nationals in the past. I'm sort of curious what USFSA gets for extending those rights to them.
    I did not know that Korean soap shows were popular in the US.. I live in the US and have never heard or seen them..

Custom Title
    Oh boy, victory and heartbreak await us.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I did not know that Korean soap shows were popular in the US.. I live in the US and have never heard or seen them..
    Where I love in America, there's a significant Korean population and two Korean channels are available on television.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    For those wondering about a feed. The only way I've found it possible to watch Fuji TV is to download an app. called KeyHoleTV. Sign in, click 'Program' and find フジテレビ on the list, double click and you'll get the feed.

But fair warning, the stream is terrible and pauses/stobes every few seconds. You'll also lose the feed every 10 minutes or so and have to reboot. It's not even really bearable to watch with sound either because of the pausing. But if you want to watch sort of moving pictures, and get a vague idea about how the skaters skated, give it a try.

Oh and that's if they're even showing the events live, in the past it's been on tape delay. Not sure about this season. I am actually watching Fuji TV now, and they showed the arena and fluff with Mao, Dai and co. They'll definitely be showing something at some point.

But in all honesty, it's not worth the effort. You might as well watch the scores and then wait for the YouTube vids.

The mens sp is currently happening. Anyone doing live play by plays or have videos they wanna share?

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    You might as well watch the scores and then wait for the YouTube vids.
    Thanks everyone for all your feedback.
    I for one really hope I can somehow watch the event, albeit after it happened, thanks to youtube, without spoilers while still enjoying the thrill of uncertainty.
    So I will resist the urge to know in real time what the scores were, and hope there's a way to re-live the excitement as if it were live.
    This is hands down the most thrilling national shootout for Olympic spots. The Japanese Nationals nearly have the level of World Champs, and there are so many awesome skaters battling it out for 3 spots in the ladies and in the mens event.

So if anyone hears me and doesn't mind (too much) to put everything on youtube:
    1) Thank you sooo much!
    2) Please don't give the ranking away in the title of the vid!
    3) (one can always hope!) maybe longer vids, like a whole warm up group? That would be so awesome...

OK, I'll check here again and again if maybe there is some magical stream, but otherwise, I'll cross my fingers and won't check the results.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2