Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Germany can be out of the Olympics due to the anti-gay law

Custom Title

Germany can be out of the Olympics due to the anti-gay law

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I can't read the article so I don't know what it says, but I can tell you that the german athletes are going to Sochi. Definitely. It's just that our president doesn't want to go for various reason (anti-gay-law is one of them). But he is not participating as an athlete. And he has no right to forbid any athlete who worked hard for this opportunity to go.

I want Aliona & Robin to go to the Olympics, no matter what!

There was a kerfluffle a couple of months ago when Germany unveiled its official Olympic uniforms. The "coat of many colors" looked like a rainbow.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/201...rmanySochi.jpg

Actually, the Netherlands in the nation that is on the worst terms with Russia these days, with the Russian gay laws playing a role.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I hope all the athletes will get to go!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I would have crazy respect for any nation that pulled out of the Olympics over the ridiculous, primitive and counter-productive LGBT laws in Russia, be it Germany or Netherlands. It would really make a statement about what we in the international community find acceptable and unacceptable, and that's exactly what this Olympics needs. But I suppose the athletes and fans still deserve their moments, and perhaps it would be even better if the Germans marched in rainbow uniforms and beat the Russians in pairs by skating to music by a gay Russian composer, no less.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MalloryArcher View Post
    I would have crazy respect for any nation that pulled out of the Olympics over the ridiculous, primitive and counter-productive LGBT laws in Russia, be it Germany or Netherlands. It would really make a statement about what we in the international community find acceptable and unacceptable, and that's exactly what this Olympics needs. But I suppose the athletes and fans still deserve their moments, and perhaps it would be even better if the Germans marched in rainbow uniforms and beat the Russians in pairs by skating to music by a gay Russian composer, no less.
    What do V/T have to do with LGBT and Rus law?? It's a stupid redemption for me =/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I hope all the athletes will get to go!
    I do, too.

Oh yeah. I am not a fan of theirs but the world went to Adolph Hitler's Olympics and stuck it to them!!!! I don't see why an anti-gay country like Russia shouldn't have it stuck to them......
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    I want Aliona & Robin to go to the Olympics, no matter what!

Columnist
    There is no intention of not going to Sochi. Our athlets are ready

Our german Bundes Präsident doesnt go. He is a Person that likes to make such calls as he was involved in our East german "Revolution".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Oh yeah. I am not a fan of theirs but the world went to Adolph Hitler's Olympics and stuck it to them!!!! I don't see why an anti-gay country like Russia shouldn't have it stuck to them......
    Chris, that's a really excellent point! May the spirits of Jesse Owens and Ralph Metcalfe strengthen athletes from all over the world as they compete in Russia.

^ Amen!

Banned
    nobody is demanded to come very simple, and Im sure V/T wont mind S/S not comepting too

Medalist
    What do V/T have to do with LGBT and Rus law?? It's a stupid redemption for me =/
    Because their gold medal wouldn't be just for them, but for Russia. too. I admit I would find it some kind of poetic justice if Russian athletes did not do well at these Olympics, just because of the anti-human rights path this country has taken. The athletes at the Olympics are ambassadors of course for their countries, and V/T + other Russian athletes are ambassadors for a regressive, homophobic country. It's not that they don't deserve to win or even skate well, of course they do, but I would prefer to see countries with more positive, inclusive ideals do well at the Olympics. That's my opinion. I have nothing against the athletes personally.

Banned
    Because their gold medal wouldn't be just for them, but for Russia. too. I admit I would find it some kind of poetic justice if Russian athletes did not do well at these Olympics, just because of the anti-human rights path this country has taken. The athletes at the Olympics are ambassadors of course for their countries, and V/T + other Russian athletes are ambassadors for a regressive, homophobic country. It's not that they don't deserve to win or even skate well, of course they do, but I would prefer to see countries with more positive, inclusive ideals do well at the Olympics. That's my opinion. I have nothing against the athletes personally.
    then dont come on this thread, btw this is a ****figure skating thread
    this is not the place for political or some funny single country human rights ideas, issues or whatever

lol, wishing failure on athletes for a single countries actions
    oh world ? what has happened

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast